Which city has the most bridges in the world?

I would guess Venice.

A total of 446 bridges are in the city of Pittsburgh, offically the city with the most bridges in the world, three more than former world leader Venice, Italy.

does anyone have aerial photos by any chance?
it would be grouse to see those, and maybe even comparing the kinds of bridges they have most (not who owns or collects taxes from)

hmm

wow! bridges are surely expensive to maintain. they should do it old-fashioned way!

300px-Ekusileni.jpg
With our modern commutes this mode of getting us from point A to point B would give a whole new meaning to the word gridlock.

Ko Paen Bamboo Bridge, Cambodia
The main highlight of Kampong Cham is the bamboo bridge and the island it leads to. It turns out this bridge is not only a feat of architecture (re-built every year when the river water subsides during dry season and taken down completely when the tide comes in) but a fun and interesting contraption to cross with your bicycle.

The click and clatter of the bamboo strips and the softness of the multiple layers feels like it could give way any minute. You dare not look over the edge as motors and cars would zoom past you creating an Adrenalin-fueled wobble in the path as you try to find your momentum again. So hold on and bicycle your way through!

5954981224995624cd8db7637.jpg

Wow!

I'm concerned the bridges in US are in poor shape by now. I can't forget the bridge collapsed about 10 years ago. Awful and scary.

We have a few bridges here are in poor shape too. Many bridges are several decades old.

Wow!

I'm concerned the bridges in US are in poor shape by now. I can't forget the bridge collapsed about 10 years ago. Awful and scary.

Yes, that why Alabama is replacing the aging bridges and overpasses, along with elevated I-59/I-20 bridges. It is getting more messy now. They are rid of overpasses that built in early 1970s that where capacity is exceed.

Wow!

My state (Delaware) seems to have a goal to repair all of our bridges as I've seen them working on a lot of them.

We have a few bridges here are in poor shape too. Many bridges are several decades old.

You mean bridges in California? I am not that surprised. Some bridges are collapsed due to crazy recent weather there like flash flood. I hope the bridges will hold for a while.

Of the 446 bridges in Pittsburg, over 25% of them are listed as deficient, meaning that the superstructure, substructure or deck is rated as being poor.

I found info about a city with most bridges in the world. I'm not sure if that city holds the most in the world, that's all I can find so far. It's hard to find a top 10 list for that.

With 1.7 million inhabitants, the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany and one of the 16 federal states of the Federal Republic of Germany. Hamburg is both a city and a state.

Economically and culturally, Hamburg is also the centre of all Northern Germany. 3.5 million people live in the metropolitan region of Hamburg - for them, Hamburg is a shopping and cultural metropolis.

With 755 square kilometres, the city area is seven times bigger than Paris and two and a half times bigger than London. As a result, Hamburg's living and housing standards are particularly high.

With 30 square metres of living space per person, Hamburg has the biggest average living space of all major cities in the world. As much as 14% of the city area is made up of green spaces and recreational areas.

Hamburg has 2,302 bridges - more than Venice and Amsterdam combined. With over 90 consulates, Hamburg is second only to New York City in the world.

As a trade centre, Hamburg has always been outward-looking, and this has shaped the mentality of the inhabitants of Hamburg.

Come to Hamburg, Hamburg looks forward to your visit.

Another source says that Hamburg, Germany has 2,579 bridges!

Back