racist behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
Artists who painted a mural at an elementary school in Prescott depicting four students, with the most prominent being a Hispanic boy, were asked to lighten the faces amid taunts and tensions.

R.E. Wall, the artist who heads the Prescott Downtown Mural Project, told a local newspaper passersby regularly shouted racially charged comments at his group while they were creating the mural at the Miller Valley Elementary School.

"You're desecrating our school," "Get the ni---- off the wall," "Get the sp-- off the wall," were common, Wall said. "The pressure stayed up consistently," Wall said. "We had two months of cars shouting at us."

Arizona school asks artists to lighten face of Hispanic student on mural

Yeah, it's racist. Let's hope those responsible will chill, and their tempers and reasoning will change. If not, then more than likely, there will be some bloodshed, kids bringing guns to school, etc.

For 2 days now, at my son's high school, cafeteria food fights and Security could not break them up. My son got hit in the back of the head with a juice bottle....

Same thing at my other son's elementary school....food fights. Blacks & whites fighting....school is out in one more week here. I'll be glad to see the end of it! It makes me angry, that my boys go to school everyday, for an education...and this happens! Bunch of punks!

Yeah, it's racist. Let's hope those responsible will chill, and their tempers and reasoning will change. If not, then more than likely, there will be some bloodshed, kids bringing guns to school, etc.

For 2 days now, at my son's high school, cafeteria food fights and Security could not break them up. My son got hit in the back of the head with a juice bottle....

Same thing at my other son's elementary school....food fights. Blacks & whites fighting....school is out in one more week here. I'll be glad to see the end of it! It makes me angry, that my boys go to school everyday, for an education...and this happens! Bunch of punks!
Oh, my! :shock: What caused the fights?

Oh, my! :shock: What caused the fights?

Cafeteria food fights....seems to happen every year when school is almost out, but sometimes just happens at random....They throw food, trash cans, etc., anything they can find to throw....just for the heck or hell of it, not caring if they get suspended since school is about out.....Duval County has also had several "bomb threats"....my son was very late coming hom from school, via the bus. I was getting ready to jump into the car to see what was going on, and if he was walking home, or whatever....He said a bomb threat was made, and the buses had to be searched...no bomb was found. It was on the news that night.....He asked to be allowed to walk home, but students were not allowed to do that. They had to wait for the buses to be searched.

School will be out in Duval County June 11th. My son has 3 more years of high school....We send our kids to school for an education...and this is what we get!

We had the same issue in our school district although not in my hometown - it was pretty all white school so racism wasn't prevalent but the school in other town was half-black and half-white and the racial tension was really bad - even started fighting at the football stadium.

That's why I am thinking that perhaps it's better for all kids to be in segregated schools based on race and culture. Their cultures are so different to the point that it creates tension.

My mother said that she never had issues with "blacks" all her life even though she was in all white schools. She didn't even think about "racism" and said that none of her white friends whom she grew up with said anything bad about blacks. When she started meeting friends outside of her environment, she was shocked at how people were being racist and all of them were from mixed schools.

We had the same issue in our school district although not in my hometown - it was pretty all white school so racism wasn't prevalent but the school in other town was half-black and half-white and the racial tension was really bad - even started fighting at the football stadium.

That's why I am thinking that perhaps it's better for all kids to be in segregated schools based on race and culture. Their cultures are so different to the point that it creates tension.

My mother said that she never had issues with "blacks" all her life even though she was in all white schools. She didn't even think about "racism" and said that none of her white friends whom she grew up with said anything bad about blacks. When she started meeting friends outside of her environment, she was shocked at how people were being racist and all of them were from mixed schools.

:dunno:

I dated a girl from Montana for a while. She was shocked by the level of racism here. But then when you consider that Missoula is over 90% white???? Why would there be racial tension there? At the same time when I travel to MS or AL I am shocked by the racism there......it appears to be much worse than here. Quite a bit of racism in Hawaii too...But it is aini=white racism there. So again....:dunno:

Also as far as schools are concerned......I would prefer to describe it more of a culture clash than actual racism based in hate......IMO there is a difference.

The one thing that is certain is our schools are out of control. Instead of doing things necessary to insure students have a safe place to learn, school districts are debating t-shirts, evolution and sneaking kids off campus for abortions. Not to mention the teachers are becoming predators themselves. I am glad my kid is out of school now.

The one thing that is certain is our schools are out of control. Instead of doing things necessary to insure students have a safe place to learn, school districts are debating t-shirts, evolution and sneaking kids off campus for abortions. Not to mention the teachers are becoming predators themselves. I am glad my kid is out of school now.

Debating evolution? It should be required in public education. My mother was taught evolution in her Catholic school. Hardly an issue. It's the religious fundies that got issue with evolution, an established fact.

Abortion? Well, doesn't that tell you that they need sex education? Parents aren't doing anything... and studies repeatedly show that a majority of kids say that their parents never taught them about sex even though the majority of parents claim they did. Most parents don't know what they're talking about. Kids would RATHER learn from sex education teacher than from their parents.

Debating evolution? It should be required in public education. My mother was taught evolution in her Catholic school. Hardly an issue. It's the religious fundies that got issue with evolution, an established fact.

Abortion? Well, doesn't that tell you that they need sex education? Parents aren't doing anything... and studies repeatedly show that a majority of kids say that their parents never taught them about sex even though the majority of parents claim they did. Most parents don't know what they're talking about. Kids would RATHER learn from sex education teacher than from their parents.

I wasn't trying to throw more issues into the thread....:lol:

Merely stating that student safety is the elephant in the room that no one is paying attention to because of debates elsewhere......

No way, it won't solve the issue and more unfair.

I had been grew up in mixed school and hardly to experience about racist issues.

Easy just end public schools altogether and taxes for schools too.

Easy just end public schools altogether and taxes for schools too.

I disagree, we need have public school for students whoever prefer go to public school or can't afford to attend at private school.

No way, it won't solve the issue and more unfair.

I had been grew up in mixed school and hardly to experience about racist issues.

Well Foxrac...my guess is that ur out of elementary/high school now....and didn't attend any Duval County schools!...It's been going on here seems like forever.....as for me, I went to NCSD and there were only whites there at the time....we did have a few Indians, but no other races.
I'm not saying that other races are the problem....if I actually knew what the problem was and is....I would do my damnest to solve it, as my boys have to attend school regardless of what goes on there....I'm not qualified to home school and cannot afford a private school.

Parents can complain and raise hell...that's all we can do. Enrolling them into another school won't work either, as the same thing goes on there.....

My son said at that cafeteria fight, 3 security guards still could not control / contain the food fight...the cafeteria was trashed and totalled....they did have it on video, and quite a few students got suspended for the rest of the year (only 1 more week of school)....NO BIG DEAL!....Why not suspend them from all Duval County schools???? For the next year??....That might force the parents to do something about their out-of-control kids!

I disagree, we need have public school for students whoever prefer go to public school or can't afford to attend at private school.

Send the kids to privte school with the tax savings or scholarships or charity.....or home school.

It's funny that Public school costs more per student than private school in most case.

The Real Cost Of Public Schools - washingtonpost.com

Something is very very wrong with our public schools

Well Foxrac...my guess is that ur out of elementary/high school now....and didn't attend any Duval County schools!...It's been going on here seems like forever.....as for me, I went to NCSD and there were only whites there at the time....we did have a few Indians, but no other races.
I'm not saying that other races are the problem....if I actually knew what the problem was and is....I would do my damnest to solve it, as my boys have to attend school regardless of what goes on there....I'm not qualified to home school and cannot afford a private school.

Parents can complain and raise hell...that's all we can do. Enrolling them into another school won't work either, as the same thing goes on there.....

My son said at that cafeteria fight, 3 security guards still could not control / contain the food fight...the cafeteria was trashed and totalled....they did have it on video, and quite a few students got suspended for the rest of the year (only 1 more week of school)....NO BIG DEAL!....Why not suspend them from all Duval County schools???? For the next year??....That might force the parents to do something about their out-of-control kids!

I graduated from high school in 2006 and haven't experience any issues at public school, except for language complication and some fighting issues. There was no food fighting at my old elementary, middle and high school, it should be depends on school district. I do favor in strict rules for students and more punishment like in school suspension, it means kids wouldn't have a nice vacation at home and some parents are much strict for suspended students. Food fighting is unacceptable and they should have severe punishment that may work. I'm suggest you to talk with education board and what's see if they could change their school policies.

Send the kids to privte school with the tax savings or scholarships or charity.....or home school.

It's funny that Public school costs more per student than private school in most case.

The Real Cost Of Public Schools - washingtonpost.com

Something is very very wrong with our public schools

Home school, out of question because I'm not a good teacher.

Private school, out of question in here because rest of private school in here is religious. It don't meet my secularism needs.

I don't care about price ratio on between public school and private school, I prefer to have public school to have basic education needs and doesn't cost much taxes, IMO.

The issues about public schools are varies in regions, some are worse, some are best.

, I prefer to have public school to have basic education needs and doesn't cost much taxes, IMO.

Really? I consider this alot....And this is just DC

For the current school year, the local operating budget is $831 million, including relevant expenses such as the teacher retirement fund. The capital budget is $218 million. The District receives about $85.5 million in federal funding. And the D.C. Council contributes an extra $81 million. Divide all that by the 49,422 students enrolled (for the 2007-08 year) and you end up with about $24,600 per child

Really? I consider this alot....And this is just DC

The taxes for public school are come from everyone, that how they got more cost per student and public school does have special needs that could cost more. When I was student at public school and I do have special needs, such as interpreter, notetaker and face to face teaching sometime.

Charity,Scholarships and vouchers would do the trick

My sister, an agnostic, home-schools her son, now 13 - he has never been to a school. She's extremely well educated (always make straight A's in school, including college). She's also a health freak so she believes that he should be eating good food. She just doesn't think a public school is conductive to a healthy environment for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back