Swear Words

I was the same as you RDC girl, not wanting to ask my ASL teacher about profanity, but eventually found some of the signs at Profanity in ASL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Wow! Thanks! :naughty: I love ASL in profanity. I remember in the H.S.,
somebody were did talking in ASL as just like another the Italian word for F-word. :lol: Heh. It's sound interesting.

Most hearing people that I have met are interested in how to swear in ASL. I find it funny. :)

yeah, thats all they want to know ... the swear words -- not the language. I dont teach them any.

I remembered my old students asked me to teach them swear or dirty words. I said Nooooo!! and laughing. They laughed with me and respect.

Most hearing people that I have met are interested in how to swear in ASL. I find it funny. :)

I hear ya! On the flip side, I get miffed when I know those same kind of people have absolutely no interest in learning ASL but wanna know some of the "dirty" signs.......those kind of people, I have no use for.

Sign language is not as hypocritical as English. A sign means what it means. In English you can't discuss your f-ing problems or everyone will be f-ing horrified, but you can sit at any table and discuss your coital dysfunctions and never raise an eyebrow. Basically people who don't know the right and proper word are considered crude and illiterate while those who do are socially acceptable -- Even tho the subject is the same.

So if you know the right and proper word go to your ASL dictionary and presto -- there will be the sign for it.

it is proper this one belong
icon_fuck.gif
here?.

It's true ! They don't want to learn sign language. Only bad words. I refused to teach them bad words in sign language. Pssh

Like Maria said, I am a teacher to some students, some students wants to know some swear words, espeically my good friend in Sydney, wanted to know, but for my own mind, I said no to her, because they have to sign the language first, before they can learn the dirty ones in the end.

F word is the most popular to learn for sign language. Many hearing people thought the middle finger is a sign language....for the hearing people. heh

rofl - that's the only sign they know.. How rude. :eek3:

So, the hearing people ALWAYS ask my husband to show them to swear in sign language. To solve this problem he got a new tattoo. He had Fu*k off in finger spelling put accross his shoulder blades. Now he just takes off his shirt show them the tattoo and tells them to go to the library and figure it out!! LOL

I am a bad girl so of course I taught them all the swear words and guess what? Some of them became so interested in it and ended up becoming fluent in ASL. LOL!

:giggle:

We also use some basic signs for swearing :lol: a friend of mine has recently 'discovered' a new kind of swear symbol and we have a lot of fun of that :lol:

I remembered my old students asked me to teach them swear or dirty words. I said Nooooo!! and laughing. They laughed with me and respect.

Oh, you made that remind me I remember what I trying to learn
to speech a s-word, instead of shoes in elementary! ROFL. Thank you
for posting it. Anyways, a speech teacher don't want to show me
a speech for this bad word. Heh!

i learned asl way before i learned the swears, i never actually thought about them till my friends showed me them. i only use them while talking to her, because where i go to school, there aren't many who speak asl, so only me and her know what we're saying.

I accidentally found some on youtube one day, then at work I learned a few more LOL

dirty words in asl

hi! i am hearing. i am learning sign language. i love sign language, i love the visual representation of nouns and verbs and ideas.

so i was in the book store and i saw a yiddish book that had dirty words and cusses in it. i'm jewish so it interested me. it was pretty cool, i ad no idea how to pronounce the yiddish though.

let me tell you why i think it is important and fun that i learn "dirty" or "bad" words in ASL

i want to be an interpreter in 5 years, i think thats how long it'll take me to be fluent.

How can you be fluent in a language and not know the word for penis? or to be able to tell if someone said "fuck you" to you.

also, i am hearing- like i said, i dont have friends that are Deaf :( or even interested in ASL

i wanna know those bad words so i can cuss people off in the super market and im the only one who knows what i said

learning common conversation things and places and whatnot is cool... but after making 200 flashcards of regular stuff [took me 3 nights, all night]... i feel that i deserve to know something fun.

i'd learn from a Deaf person if i could, but like i said, i dont know anyone.

if you have webcam and want to be my friend and teach me, please, let me know... aim: maryjanerx, yahoo: manic_maryjanerx

love you all

I am also learning asl and would like to learn some other words. I curse in voice I want to atleast hve the option to curse in ASL. Maryjanerx-I know all about the flashcards my the lady that is teaching us has made over 300 cards, I have taken those cards and made 4 copies of each to give to people that interact in Chris' life daily. It does take time and you do deserve some fun!

my opinion

I think so not good dirty not appropriate to swearing to people insult to dirty people. I think so complex fool to you sign langauge to LSQ conflict to ASL

that is complex to almost to period sign language to same as LSQ almost as same ASL

Careful to asl sign lanuage. Really very important to communication to people. I understand I think so possible learn be careful to more communicaiton to safe. I think so important to be safe. I understand> I don't want to trouble> I think so be careful nice to talk to you. I think so be communication to you. i wish because sometimes I wish be interest to learn how can explain to you. I need to experience to communication to people.

First of all, penis is neither a swear word nor a dirty word. It is a proper name for a male body part.

Secondly, if you wish to curse someone, have the courage to do it in the language they understand.

why is it that whenever someone wants to learn asl, the first signs they want to learn are "dirty" words? :roll:

Back