What are your favorite sitcoms?

How do like the 'new' Two and a Half Men ? I don't think it as good!
I love
Bones
House
NCIS
Golden Girls I <3 crimes shows!!!
The new Two and a Half Men: I just can't get into it. The chemistry b/t the actors seem off to me. Plus, the new guy (I can never remember his name), just sucks as an actor. He was the worst thing on That 70's show. I'm not sure if it will last too long.

I watch anything on BBC America. England has the best shows. My favorite is Doctor Who and Friday Night Dinner. I also liked The Inbetweeners before it went off the air.

The new Two and a Half Men: I just can't get into it. The chemistry b/t the actors seem off to me. Plus, the new guy (I can never remember his name), just sucks as an actor. He was the worst thing on That 70's show. I'm not sure if it will last too long.

Yeah, I think so, too. Maybe it will bomb someday soon or maybe they will rehire Charlie hopefully. If so, I think he will ask for more money. He was the highest-paid TV actor in comedy category before he was fired.

Bones is excellent, Big Bang theory used to be funny now its boring, Fringe is what i really watch all the time, it's the best beyond all current TV series, excellent acting, way ahead of everything else ahead, fun, informative, creative, engaging, different, and a fine science fiction for today's needs, especially with the world of real and cyber lives as everyone now have , so its kind of not too surprising why the alternate/parrallel univerise concept is such a hit...all the while the masses dont realise the concept is now 'buyable' simply because we live in the cyberspace as well.guess id stop here i can go on and on about Fringe lol

I love Bones!! There really is not a lot a shows on TV that I do like , there are way too many reality shows on as they're cheaper to run!

His name is Ashton Kutcher. I think it was a bad idea to kill Charlies off as I have feeling it not going to work with Ashton Kutcher. I saw on' TV Two and a Half Men ' is being rated as the # one best comedy , I am not sure how that can be said as there only been on 2x , it WAS the # one best comedy when
Charlie Sheen was on it!!

An insult to America, how? It's just a TV show.

you have to be a media academic to understand this, sorry i just cant explain it you'd need like a few years in exposure to sociology, and media studies, basically comedy is a kind of a mechanism to entertain while it does other things like denial, or bring up a way to interpret sitaution to rationalise it, to affirm our fantasy is OK, or as a instruction to deal with awkward moments in the very "now" time... in other words to reflects the "normal" attitudes, viewers gets to know what is the right attitude by following their favourite characters, while little do they know, different situation dealt hardly add up with the character if they were real or consistent.......
forget it..

heres a simple lesson ' you cant get a comedy without a conflict {in soceity} that is to poke fun at the [others], but in some case (mroe often these days) to poke fun at ourselves, to Look at Our culture....."
think about that

i wont bother explain anymore not because i dont like you (i dont even know you), its because its just too complicated....

"two and a half men is basically an insult to USA WHILE USA masses ARE dumb enough to like it"

So does that mean anyone in the US who likes that show is dumb? I like it but am not part of the USA masses so does that mean I am smart? haha :p

I enjoy sitcoms because they take a potentially 'normal' situation and push it into areas of the silly or ridiculous. Exaggeration, the unexpected with the expected , and a small spark of truth make for good comedy in my mind. I think being able to laugh at ourselves is a great stress reliever.

This is just my opinion - I am not a media academic, I just like sitcoms because they are a good 30-minute vacation for my mind :).

"two and a half men is basically an insult to USA WHILE USA masses ARE dumb enough to like it"

So does that mean anyone in the US who likes that show is dumb? I like it but am not part of the USA masses so does that mean I am smart? haha :p

I enjoy sitcoms because they take a potentially 'normal' situation and push it into areas of the silly or ridiculous. Exaggeration, the unexpected with the expected , and a small spark of truth make for good comedy in my mind. I think being able to laugh at ourselves is a great stress reliever.

This is just my opinion - I am not a media academic, I just like sitcoms because they are a good 30-minute vacation for my mind :).

i'm from the US so i must be dumb... :P

i like to watch silly sitcoms because like you, it gives my mind a break from everything in my life. watching comedy is a great way of coping with stress

you have to be a media academic to understand this, sorry i just cant explain it you'd need like a few years in exposure to sociology, and media studies, basically comedy is a kind of a mechanism to entertain while it does other things like denial, or bring up a way to interpret sitaution to rationalise it, to affirm our fantasy is OK, or as a instruction to deal with awkward moments in the very "now" time... in other words to reflects the "normal" attitudes, viewers gets to know what is the right attitude by following their favourite characters, while little do they know, different situation dealt hardly add up with the character if they were real or consistent.......
forget it..

heres a simple lesson ' you cant get a comedy without a conflict {in soceity} that is to poke fun at the [others], but in some case (mroe often these days) to poke fun at ourselves, to Look at Our culture....."
think about that

i wont bother explain anymore not because i dont like you (i dont even know you), its because its just too complicated....

If you don't enjoy it, that's too fucking bad. What you said is full of shit. Most sitcoms have high-ratings so what does that tell you? People love to watch them. You can't stop us so fuck off.

two and a half men is basically an insult to USA WHILE USA masses ARE dumb enough to like it...weird...
same thing with 20 years ago when the Simpsons first came along, it was a hit for the same reasons, people seems to give permission to insult themselve via tv entertainment i honesty find this quite depressing.

Look at how many people pay money to watch people drive trucks overs cars!! WTF is so great about that!! I think people like to be able to watch a show that does not require you think once in awhile. It help get your mind off thing for awhile.

I watch anything on BBC America. England has the best shows. My favorite is Doctor Who and Friday Night Dinner. I also liked The Inbetweeners before it went off the air.

I love British comedy on Public TV.

Yeah, I think so, too. Maybe it will bomb someday soon or maybe they will rehire Charlie hopefully. If so, I think he will ask for more money. He was the highest-paid TV actor in comedy category before he was fired.

They would have to bring Charlie back from the dead! They killed him off big time! Did you see what Rose said about the way he died?? I can't understand why Charlie Sheen would want to blow that job, he was making a shit load of money! A million dollars a show or something like that.

The reasoning for firing him was truly stupid. He came to work and did his job. What he does in his private life is his business. It didn't affect his work. Any way, the network had to pay because they breached contract. Charlie Sheen really is winning in that situation. I just feel sorry for the rest on the cast because they will be out of work soon. :(

His name is Ashton Kutcher. I think it was a bad idea to kill Charlies off as I have feeling it not going to work with Ashton Kutcher. I saw on' TV Two and a Half Men ' is being rated as the # one best comedy , I am not sure how that can be said as there only been on 2x , it WAS the # one best comedy when
Charlie Sheen was on it!!

The rating thing is actually false (some of them). I just learned about it in one of my classes. Networks do this to draw attention to the show/ network because of low ratings. Its all apart of business/ marketing and making money. The producers of the show realize the huge mistake they have made and are trying their best to promote the show and keep it on the air.

I love British comedy on Public TV.

The Brits know how to make excellent television. America really needs to learn from them and not just steal concepts. Brits are better actors and have better stories/ more creative.

We don't have TV service. We just get all of our shows via Netflix, and we own a few series:

Scrubs
That 70s Show
Modern Family (Hilarious!)
Big Bang Theory (we are only on season 2)
Taxi (Old but really good)
Friends
Cheers (old but really good)

I got addicted to Scrubs a year or two ago, and now I own several seasons. It's really well written.

Also, since other people have mentioned non-comedies:

Dexter
Six Feet Under
five different Star Trek Series (Actually, I only watch three of them: Next Gen, Voyager, DS9. BF likes Enterprise, but I could never get into it, and he watches the original series, which I watched when I was a kid.)
Saturday Night Live from the beginning-we are still in Season One! It's hysterical!
Mad TV
In Living Color

I love that we have complete control over what we watch!
Jen M.

Back