A Techie Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
http://creativecommons.com

Godsend for anyone who is into digital media aka blogging, forums, YouTube/Vmeo, Flickr, DeviantArt and so on.

Wrong Link?

lol a hard habit to realize it. it's .org, not .com

Creative Commons

Merci, I got redirected to a .ca website instead of a .org, and it wasn't the site I wanted so I "corrected" the URL without checking.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
This is extensions for google chrome.

Facebook for Google Chrome
Quick check without go facebook.com (just stop work anymore due google chrome update, I have to waiting for new version for extension)

Google Mail Checker Plus
Much better and save RAM/CPU than Google Notifier for Mac

Google Reader Notifier
All websites with RSS in ONE. It gives me less click and less load.

hhmm.... gonna check out Reader Notifier

The Reader add-on is a godsend, but it has a tendency to crash frequently for some reason.

When I got Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, I split the hard drive into 2 partitions on my laptop.

Was forced to wipe it clean so I reinstalled Vista Ultimate 64-bit and just left it like that. Then I got to work on the Win 7 partition, installing programs and such.

Last night, I booted into the Vista partition and gulped when I saw that it was "bare" - meaning no programs (like AIM, Office, etc) was there - so I spent up until 4 in the morning sprucing it up via installing programs and updates, then cleaning it up .... now it's done.

Antenna homemade is so EASY!!

How to Make a TV Antenna for HDTV | TV Antenna Plans

So I made it myself and successful! I gain more channels than a regular antenna.

j5axdu.jpg

nice one, Christer - you should submit it to "There I fixed it" site :lol:

Christer, nice one! how much range from TV tower to your home? VHF and UHF clear HD picture for all channels?

because you mean nothing to me. be gone, pest.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I find that funny and I gotta :ily: this thread since I am a techie dude!

Google Chrome = WIN

in fact, the mailman and daniel my friend on facebook were debating between Firefox and Chrome by comparing which is the best broswer since most of us know Internet Explorer 8 is the worst broswer EVER.

.... and when I booted into my Win 7 partition on my laptop earlier today, the built-in webcam's driver failed. I was like "oh great" and uninstalled the driver, then reinstalled. So far, all is good.

Interesting Mac techie?? Mac is better than PC.

Wirelessly posted

Guess http://www.noIE6.com is working. :lol:

Still, 20-30 percent of the market usinf IE7 or older... Ewwww...

Too bad webdesigners are still cartering to IE6 and IE7 when you look at their CSS stylesheets and JavaScript.

Wirelessly posted

Guess http://www.noIE6.com is working. :lol:

Still, 20-30 percent of the market usinf IE7 or older... Ewwww...

Too bad webdesigners are still cartering to IE6 and IE7 when you look at their CSS stylesheets and JavaScript.
I am currently using Internet Explorer 8 at the moment and I have the fair share of my own frusrations with it, because it is the only secure broswer the department can allow, and I hate it. It sometimes goes on an outage and I have to reboot the broswer all the damn time, and it is so annoying, I just wish the Chrome would become an option so I can use it mostly of the time.

When I got Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, I split the hard drive into 2 partitions on my laptop.

Was forced to wipe it clean so I reinstalled Vista Ultimate 64-bit and just left it like that. Then I got to work on the Win 7 partition, installing programs and such.

Last night, I booted into the Vista partition and gulped when I saw that it was "bare" - meaning no programs (like AIM, Office, etc) was there - so I spent up until 4 in the morning sprucing it up via installing programs and updates, then cleaning it up .... now it's done.

If happen to me and simple use reimage everything and it done under 20 minutes and done. :) Reformat,reinstall software/driver,then update is waste of time and old fashioned. Reimage FTW!!!!

Wirelessly posted

Rule number one for bughunting:

Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't means the bug don't exist.

Rule number two:

The greater the variety of platforms, software and hardware in existence, the likelihood for a bug to appear increase tenfold.

Proof?

World of Warcraft for Mac was initally buggy as hell before they patched it. Windows was fine.

Or how Battlefield 1942 used to have problems with AMD processors.

Last edited:
I wish this thread was sticky. I am such a computer dummy that everything is pretty informative. :D

Back