"I love you"/"I luv ya"

Is there a difference in meaning between "I love you" and "I luv ya"?

• Yes

Votes: 55 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 20 19.6%

• Total voters
Socrates said:
If you recall the movie, "Ghost", Sam couldn't say "I love you" back. He always said "Ditto." to Molly. Saying the three simple words, "I love you." can be so hard for a person to say.

Oh yeah...it's been ages since I last saw that movie, 'Ghost' -- that was ONE damn good movie! Tearjerker big time!

BTW, I voted no as I believe they both have the same purpose/meaning. But I do understand others who think love is more intimate whilst luv means casual. It may be right. ;)

definitely say I LOVE YOU!!! its too easy nowdays.........hard to tel when people REALLY mean and feel it lol

Malfoyish said:
Just wondering - do you think there's a difference in meaning when somone says "I love you," as opposed to "I luv ya?"

Explain your reasons here - and thanks!

Malfoyish

My opinion is yes. To me, saying " I love you", has more meaning. People throw around " I love ya" all the time, but when you actually TAKE THE TIME to tell someone you love them, it means more. To me, anyway. But, I've also abbreviated the phrase, too. However, when I REALLY want to get my meaning across, I say it out "long hand".

Oh yes I feel it makes a difference with the variations in ILY. It is hard for me to say the full monty, so I will say ILY or the smiley. I did not grow up in a family that regularly said this to each other. Love ya! So it has MORE of an impact on me when somebody tells me I love you instead of Luv ya, and all the cute variations - then I don't know what to say. :) But oh yes I can agree expressing love is important, and I'm just learning that. :P

When I wasn't really committed to my husband (then boyfriend) at that time I couldn't even say, "I love you" yet. Instead I said, "luv ya, too." Eventually I grew to love and being in love with him more then I finally said, "I love you with all my lil' fuzzy heart" hehehe So, saying "I love you" makes it sound much more meaningful.

If we all take a step back and realize how we express ourselves, we would understand that the three simple words can impact a person a lot if you put so much meaning into them. Whether it is simple actions of love such as writing little poems, making your significant other's favourite meal and then holding his/her face into your hands and kissing his/her nose gently. Saying "I love you" with so much strength, you would be so surprised at the impact you make.

I voted ' Yes ' because I feel both of them are different wording

If my boyfriend, Roadrunner said ' I lvu ya ' or ' Ditto ' it makes me feel that his love isn't that real ....

When he used the word ' I Love you ' it makes my heart race wildly in such a pure loving way!...

Voted 'yes', generally I believe it matters even more to a woman when the words 'I love you' is used WITH feelings, etc...although, there are guys that like to 'see and hear' that likewise...(count me as one that likes it done that way)

The variants used, 'I love you, I luv ya, I love ya, I wuv ya....' is applied in different situations and scenarios, for example, sometimes like if I was in a hurry, I may say 'I love ya or I luv ya', yet the feeling of love being expressed is the same when I use 'I love you'...

btw ^Angel^...

I LOVE YOU!!! :ily:

Roadrunner said:
Voted 'yes', generally I believe it matters even more to a woman when the words 'I love you' is used WITH feelings, etc...although, there are guys that like to 'see and hear' that likewise...(count me as one that likes it done that way)

The variants used, 'I love you, I luv ya, I love ya, I wuv ya....' is applied in different situations and scenarios, for example, sometimes like if I was in a hurry, I may say 'I love ya or I luv ya', yet the feeling of love being expressed is the same when I use 'I love you'...

btw ^Angel^...

I LOVE YOU!!! :ily:

Awwww...Romance is still alive...Still in the honey moon phase eh?::Snicker::

coffeeeeman said:
Awwww...Romance is still alive...Still in the honey moon phase eh?::Snicker::

:rofl:
Exactly :P
Learn more example from Roadrunner... :thumb:
That´s what your darling wife need it... :P

do something.... ;) to scream to her on those post... we love to see your comment on your wife here...
:giggle:

There's a very marked difference for me. I feel that I love you has far more meaning because it comes from the heart... I luv ya is lightheartened and doesn't mean as much.

I've heard people say "I love you" and not really mean it. But, I've heard people say "I luv ya" with meaning. I think it depends on the moment.

"I love you" has way more meaning than "I love ya" or simply "Love you" I feel the last two are just like, almost general, like the person saying it doesn't care.

I don't know, i prefer it when my bf says "I love you" rather than "love you" that one just pissed me off:(

Everyone, let me guess "i luv ya" sound like in ebonic language of black american slang as my opinion.. like english standard "alright" Ebonic "a'ight" "what is up" aka "Wassup" blah blah.. black ppls want change words from english standard for black english slang own.. like in Asia countries had different but simialr words as well as Latin, Spainsh and other are different accents but words are same on ground! Yawn! so :topic:

anyway

Malfoyish said:
Just wondering - do you think there's a difference in meaning when somone says "I love you," as opposed to "I luv ya?"

Explain your reasons here - and thanks!

Malfoyish
i love/luv ya anyway !! wink !! :thumb:

Yes, I say I luv ya to my friends, but I'll say I love you to my sweetheart.

weak si'

There is 2 meanings, one is just for friends like ily-luv ya babes- its all naturally. If its between both couples it may mean something, love can be a big deal or sometime it'll b like "so what?" well tell us waht do you think love means to you. t'care

Back