Name of city/state in sign

Originally posted by illustrator
Houston, TX - "H" instead "K" alike "kiss"

Dallas, TX - "D" use tap over left or right head

Austin, TX - "A" and move like 7

San Antiono, TX - "G" - sort of "turkey"

Lubbock, TX - "L" use tape over left or right head

El Paso, TX - (cool sign!!!) "O" on left hand and "L" on right hand - "L" move forward and back and forward...

Ahh... our sign for Lubbock, Texas is L on the right side of forehead slightly above the ear just like Dallas.

Our sign for El Paso is "E" on either left or right hand and "L" on either right or left hand- "L" move forward and backward and forward.

Most of my deaf friends' sign for Lubbock is almost like Dallas.

Curious, Illustrator, why does that sign language for Lubbock as like tape on either left or right hand? I never see that before! :)

Eh... you guys got me lost. I recognize the way you describe each sign but, some of them, I don't know how to do it.

Originally posted by TexDeafies
Ahh... our sign for Lubbock, Texas is L on the right side of forehead slightly above the ear just like Dallas.

Our sign for El Paso is "E" on either left or right hand and "L" on either right or left hand- "L" move forward and backward and forward.

Most of my deaf friends' sign for Lubbock is almost like Dallas.

Curious, Illustrator, why does that sign language for Lubbock as like tape on either left or right hand? I never see that before! :)

shoot, I accident type "tape" It should say "tap" How silly I am!

And for El Paso. it's "o" not "e". I have my friend who actually live in El Paso, is deaf. That's offical sign language. :P

Originally posted by illustrator
shoot, I accident type "tape" It should say "tap" How silly I am!

And for El Paso. it's "o" not "e". I have my friend who actually live in El Paso, is deaf. That's offical sign language. :P

Ah! My friend who live here.. that is from El Paso is "e" not "o" even my other friends that I know from school and from old school use "e" instead of "o" :-D

Richardson, TX - sort of "rocket" but move up and down in short distance

Plano, TX - sort of "government" but instead use "p"

Irving, TX - use "i" and shake bit - soft.

Fort Worth, TX - short distance from up as "F" and down as "W"

Ah! My friend who live here.. that is from El Paso is "e" not "o" even my other friends that I know from school and from old school use "e" instead of "o" :-D

whatever. :P

Hi again, I'm curious what sign do you use for Paris (capital city of France)? I have seen three signs for that city. One is Eiffel Tower, two is P for France and third is LSF - left hand is flat palm facing up and right hand is "P" touching the centre of left hand.

Other European cities signs I have seen:
ROME = same sign as NAME in ASL

FRANKFURT = both hands are "A", one is front and one is back, move both back and forth, like money trading

LONDON = Like "CRAZY" but it means the clock of Big Ben

BERLIN = right hand is "A", touch on the right forehand with "A" upside down, then make a circle to make A face up.

HAMBURG = like "BOY" but sideways to right.

AMSTERDAM = make "X" with both hands, repeat two more times to down from up.

BRUSSELS = like "PROBLEM" but both hands touch each other.

MOSCOW = like "MENSURATION" in ASL

MUNICH = 5-hand claw shaped on right side of head, move upwards. Like BSL for GOVERNMENT but to the side.

BARCELONA = like "READ" but use "4" handshape instead of "2"

If you want to know more, I can list more.

Cool signs! I know some state signs and I may be wrong in some: (Suppose my dominant hand is right hand)

California - "25" sign near the right ear
Washington - "W" sign near right shoulder then wave away
Oregan - "O" sign near right shoulder then wave away
Alaska - "A" from left side of face move up to forehead then "C" move down to the right side of face in smooth movement
Idaho - "I" "D" in fingerspelling or "potato" sign
Montana - "M" sign like mountain then flat to right EI: /\/\___
Wyoming - "W" both hands with index fingers touching each other, then down to "Y" to flat land EI: __/\__
Colorado - "color" sign then "D" "O" in fingerspelling or "C" up and down on the left arm EI: /\/\/\
Arizona - "A" thumb tap on left then right side of chin

Should I go on?

California - don't forget to add "shake" while use "25" in sign

I like to use "color"-"D-O" for colorado, it's fun to me. :D

Newfoundland = sign of seal with 2 hand on hip almost same as Russia.

Seal is famous around in Newfoundland. :D

My sign for California is both.. almost like "25" and shake too... AND sign just like gold

My two sign for Colorado is "color" then "a-d-o" AND "C" jump across the arm ( /\/\ )

I guess California has the sign like '25' and similar sign of 'gold' cuz of the Gold Rush, eh? ;)

Do you want to know about OHIO in dirty sign language?
Use "O" in SUNRISE sign, "H" in hurry sign, "I" in intercourse sign, "O" in SUNSET sign.
:twisted:

Originally posted by Oddball
Use "O" in SUNRISE sign, "H" in hurry sign, "I" in intercourse sign, "O" in SUNSET sign.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Originally posted by Oddball

I saw before when I learn in Minnesota, I have a friend from Ohio :D

:laugh2: I have seen this one before too... for OHIO.

For Washington State, I always signed Washington State. and Washington DC as Washington D.C.

Some states I don't know signs for, I tend to fingerspell the abbreviations. Like RI for Rhode Island, MD for Maryland, etc...

Other state signs that I know of...
MAINE = almost like Pittsburgh, but opposite motion?
MASSACHUSETTS = 1) sign "fed up" or 2) fingerspell MASS
FLORIDA = fingerspell FLA or use "F" and move from head to down
GEORGIA = sign like Washington, but use G, or fingerspell GA
MISSISSIPPI = sign "miss" (as in I miss you) with "I" up too
PENNSYLVANIA = fingerspell PA or (bad sign ... PENIS STUPID LOL, we New Jerseyans are very happy about the shore traffic from PA hee hee)
VIRGINIA = fingerspell VA or same idea about PA, bad sign but use V on nose then STUPID
LOUISANA = fingerspell LA or sign "SHIT" with L shape then when move down, change to A handshape (oops)
Thats really all the signs I know, except for the West Coast states already mentioned here. The rest, I just fingerspell. WOuld be interesting to see how everyone sign their states. Hope you dont get mad at me for saying bad signs too LOL

Originally posted by kuifje75
:laugh2: I have seen this one before too... for OHIO.

For Washington State, I always signed Washington State. and Washington DC as Washington D.C.

Some states I don't know signs for, I tend to fingerspell the abbreviations. Like RI for Rhode Island, MD for Maryland, etc...

Other state signs that I know of...
MAINE = almost like Pittsburgh, but opposite motion?
MASSACHUSETTS = 1) sign "fed up" or 2) fingerspell MASS
FLORIDA = fingerspell FLA or use "F" and move from head to down
GEORGIA = sign like Washington, but use G, or fingerspell GA
MISSISSIPPI = sign "miss" (as in I miss you) with "I" up too
PENNSYLVANIA = fingerspell PA or (bad sign ... PENIS STUPID LOL, we New Jerseyans are very happy about the shore traffic from PA hee hee)
VIRGINIA = fingerspell VA or same idea about PA, bad sign but use V on nose then STUPID
LOUISANA = fingerspell LA or sign "SHIT" with L shape then when move down, change to A handshape (oops)
Thats really all the signs I know, except for the West Coast states already mentioned here. The rest, I just fingerspell. WOuld be interesting to see how everyone sign their states. Hope you dont get mad at me for saying bad signs too LOL

you are bad LOL

My sign for California is both.. almost like "25" and shake too... AND sign just like gold

My two sign for Colorado is "color" then "a-d-o" AND "C" jump across the arm ( /\/\ )
yeah the "C" jump across the arm (/\/\) we Coloradian people always use that cuz it represents our state...but dislike the "Color" then "a-d-o" because it's a sort of SEE signs oh well...

new york- you all know that sign, and my hometown just spell W-P (whintey point)

Back