Anyone Else Avoid Eye Contact?

you should be respect to behavior :lol: I know you are careful on watch language proper your English! you are cool that all simply!

I am careful with my language. :lol: I get yelled at. :roll: It's all fun,tho. :cool2:

I wind up with waiters who are terrified of eye contact. :mad:

Wirelessly posted (droid)

True. They believe that you'll understand them if they just keep shouting.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

True. They believe that you'll understand them if they just keep shouting.

:laugh2:....One lady was practically "shouting" at me and her false teeth almost flew out....ahhh...it's a wonderful world!

I'm a very shy person by nature and I do avoid eye contact more than I'd like. I have horrible...just horrible social anxiety. As a result of being Deaf it's just really horrible.
I'm 29 and I should be confidant and should appear well put together like everyone else around me but I come off as a fool because of the social anxiety or worse I appear autistic. I'm just not a very social person...I'd like to think it has everything to do with being Deaf but I've a feeling that even if I weren't Deaf I'd still be quite shy.

:) I literally run from some people who try to engage me in a convo...or just plain ignore them acting like I really didn't hear them...LOL-it works but I wish I weren't this way. It's stressful.

wearing ha's sometimes people assume you can hear them cuz you got ha's

They sure do! They then accuse of you having selective hearing or just plain ignoring them.

People assume I can hear better than I actually can based on my speech or how I'm able to understand what someone is saying behind me. No...dear. If I know you i.e work with you or you are my husband I know your habits and what you typically say and what you don't to me. If you were to say the same thing to me every time we saw each other like "hello" I'll automatically respond hi back. If you change that and say the sky is purple I'll say hi back...not knowing you had said something different. :)

You learn patterns of behavior from certain people...certain inflections in their voice mean certain things. Its not that I can really hear you I'm responding to how predictable you are.

:):ty:

I'm a very shy person by nature and I do avoid eye contact more than I'd like. I have horrible...just horrible social anxiety. As a result of being Deaf it's just really horrible.
I'm 29 and I should be confidant and should appear well put together like everyone else around me but I come off as a fool because of the social anxiety or worse I appear autistic. I'm just not a very social person...I'd like to think it has everything to do with being Deaf but I've a feeling that even if I weren't Deaf I'd still be quite shy.

:) I literally run from some people who try to engage me in a convo...or just plain ignore them acting like I really didn't hear them...LOL-it works but I wish I weren't this way. It's stressful.

:hmm: Autistic appearance and behavior may vary widely. Of course I am often reminded that it's a good idea just to avoid everyone who doesn't already know me personally.

:hmm: Autistic appearance and behavior may vary widely. Of course I am often reminded that it's a good idea just to avoid everyone who doesn't already know me personally.

I mean no offense to you or anyone on here who is actually autistic. I was misdiganosed as autstic before I was diagnosed as Deaf so I've always been more or less hyper aware of how I come across to other people and coming across as anything other than Deaf has been a big fear of mine. I've been asked if I am by well meaning individuals who were not aware I was Deaf.

destroy on my eye contact cause reason risk I am aware it on eye problem issues wait Oct

I have that too. Sometimes I freeze up and go mute cuz I dont know what to say. Or blurt something out thats inappropiate or off topic

why is it that the girls I really like are lesbians??? :(
I once knew a guy who turned every woman he dated into a lesbian. It went on for 10 years before he finally find someone that didn't turn into a lesbian and married her. ;)

Back