Dolls w/ Implants

Jay Sea

Reaction score
Anyone know of any toy manufacturers that produce dolls with implants? My 2 year old daughter was activated in May this year. Thought it would be appropriate for her to have a doll with an implant.

There's also "Mr BTE" which is technically a hearing aid doll - but would work for CIusers that use the BTE style processors as well :)

Mr. BTE

Cochlear has a koloa with a CI, Advanced Bionics has 2 monkeys with implants (male has 1, female has 2), and Med-El has um Buster the Bunny with an implant. You could probably ask about them through the manufacturer's website and get one through them, if you want an "official" one with an implant that's similar to your daughter's.

Cochlear has a koloa with a CI, Advanced Bionics has 2 monkeys with implants (male has 1, female has 2), and Med-El has um Buster the Bunny with an implant. You could probably ask about them through the manufacturer's website and get one through them, if you want an "official" one with an implant that's similar to your daughter's.

You would think that they could throw in a doll for the kids for the price you pay for the implants

You would think that they could throw in a doll for the kids for the price you pay for the implants

:) oh, just wait until you get the big box of accessories, they'll definitely throw in a few things to play with!

The Koala + CIs came with the hardware for us. Sadly, our dog took it outside and chewed it up the day we brought it home. Better the bear than the processors, though.

Hmm I wonder if the "toy processors" would work on the dolls I make. It doesn't give dimentions though. Do you know how big the koala is? I know I could work with the wigs on the dolls to make the processors work, if the design of it was not to large for the size doll. I am not currently selling my dolls, but in the process of deciding if I want to make it a business, but my target market was for sensory processing disorders. I made a few weighted dolls for kids like my daughter. The site is under contruction but I can link it: Home I could do dolls for other needs to on special order, maybe.

Hmm I wonder if the "toy processors" would work on the dolls I make. It doesn't give dimentions though. Do you know how big the koala is? I know I could work with the wigs on the dolls to make the processors work, if the design of it was not to large for the size doll. I am not currently selling my dolls, but in the process of deciding if I want to make it a business, but my target market was for sensory processing disorders. I made a few weighted dolls for kids like my daughter. The site is under contruction but I can link it: Home I could do dolls for other needs to on special order, maybe.

I don't know but it is only 8.00 and cochlear will let you buy... try it and see if you can make something out of it.

but for babies and toddlers, toys must be bigger than a toliet paper roll. It's a choking hazard. So sewing a Big CI probably a better idea anyway. Just go to different CI websites to get a better idea what these processors look like.

Back