Which cheap to send package shipping?

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is big box with many clothes to send shipping to be out of state!

Which better >> Post office, Ups or other?

:ty:

I ALWAYS use post office. It's the cheapest one among other shipping companies. However... my shipping experience is limited to small packages. I have never shipped a large/heavy box so maybe UPS/FedEX might be cheaper than USPS if it's a large/heavy box but I wouldn't know. IMHO - I still think USPS is the cheapest.. regardless of weight and size of the package.

Somebody speak up NOW and help this lady get the damn clothes across the state to the needy ones!

I believe the post office is best. We always get the best service from them too.

Well I think UPS is cheaper for large box. But you can take the box and compare the prices? :dunno:

A large, heavy box of clothes? hmmm, if you are in no hurry, why not see if you can send it cheaper by truck?

Oh GEEZ!!! do you know why?? I am mistake put this thread at General Health :eek: LOL LOL :laugh2:

Hey Mod,
Please take this thread to General :o

It depends on the size of the box. Bigger boxes, fed ex or ups is cheaper...smaller box under 10 lbs, usps is cheaper in general (priority mail) As a Ebay seller, I mostly ship items via Post Office or Fed Ex.

Post office is near my home.. 30 mins drive to UPs office? :hmm:

Of course... My friend will paying me for cost shipping :)

Are you near fed ex-Kinkos? They have fed ex shipping service.

UPS can pick it up from your home. I agree with most of these posts; go with Fed-Ex or UPS. I used to do business on eBay. Fed-Ex or UPS is cheaper for large parcels.

So nobody thinks shipping by truck something this heavy, basically from coast to coast, would be more economical?

Oh GEEZ!!! do you know why?? I am mistake put this thread at General Health :eek: LOL LOL :laugh2:

Hey Mod,
Please take this thread to General :o

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved from General Health to General Chat.

As a long time UPSer,

if you want to send small packages, you can send to Post Office for cheaper shipping. If you want to send medium to big box UPS would take them, and the ground transit is also cheaper, since you live in East, and ship to Oregon, they would load in a 18 wheeler trailer to Chicago where they have a large UPS location to put trailers on freight train to head west. I know Fed Ex charges higher.

Also don't forget about the fuel surcharge which add up to cost to ship.

Post Office Price calculator: Postage Price Calculator

UPS Calculate Time and Cost: UPS Calculate Time and Cost

FedEx Rates and Transit times: FedEx Rates and Transit Times

Remember, these are estimates and can't guarantee exact amount because it depends on location where you ship, if you ship at mail boxes etc, or shipping store, that costs more because they have to get a driver to come pick it up and take to center. Shipping at Post Office, at UPS customer counter, or FedEx, is more cheaper.

I hope all of this helps you compare the prices :)

Thank so much..

Here is the transit times from Massachusetts to the West.. (Ground delivery)
:)

upsmapvb3.jpg

most packing shipping going to post office because of cheap prices than UPS or fedex because UPS or Fedex both lots of money to pay for that!

mostly people usually bring packages to post office for weight they send im sure they can save money for sure than UPS or Fedex if can afford.

Back