ideas for ASL class

crayfish

Reaction score
Hi,
I am taking an ASL class at the local college. I am to sign a Children's story 2-3 min. long. Any ideas...remember it is sign language one.
Thanks,
Chris :popcorn:

crayfish said:
Hi,
I am taking an ASL class at the local college. I am to sign a Children's story 2-3 min. long. Any ideas...remember it is sign language one.
Thanks,

I had to do this in my ASL 102 class... I picked "Green Eggs and Ham"...... I would NOT reccomend it, as the rhyming in English is impossible to do in ASL, and the story sounds really dumb without that rhyming.

crayfish said:
Hi,
Thanks,

the itsy-bitsy spider.

the only problem is that you need four hands. Two to do the hand movements for the song, and two to sign the words.

tegumi said:
I had to do this in my ASL 102 class... I picked "Green Eggs and Ham"...... I would NOT reccomend it, as the rhyming in English is impossible to do in ASL, and the story sounds really dumb without that rhyming.

Anything by Dr Seuss is probably going to be longer than 3-4 mins. I don't remmy the title, but a story that I did for one class involved a hat salesman and monkeys. It's more about gestures and classifiers than actual signs. Good luck with the assignment.

ITPjohn said:
Anything by Dr Seuss is probably going to be longer than 3-4 mins. I don't remmy the title, but a story that I did for one class involved a hat salesman and monkeys. It's more about gestures and classifiers than actual signs. Good luck with the assignment.

Yeah, Dr. Suess and ASL dont mix too well.. :laugh2:

crayfish said:
Hi,
Thanks,

My ITP students did: (stories below involve lot of role shiftings)
3 Little Pigs
Fox's Version of 3 Little Pigs
Goldilocks and the 3 Bears
Gingerbread Boy
Three Billy Goats Gruff
The Princess and the Pea
etc... here's the starter http://www.childrenstory.com/tales/

Good luck :fingersx:

Back