Do you want to visit Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not mind going to Russia just to have a look. Of course, it won't be any time in the near future given of the grim situation over there.

One of my friend was in an exchange program and stayed in Russia for 3 months. She was telling me about her experience living in Russia during that time. It was quite interesting. She said the living condition over there is quite harsh. From what she said, the jeans over there are way a lot expensive. Ouch.

Really? Wow! You're very lucky! Do you like it?? Did you see any Ural Mountains and Siberia? Is any food good? Do you feel it's dizzy and long ride? How many it take a days? Did you get drink a vodka?? :D

I was a kid when I took the trainfrom Moscow to Vladivostok and then we took a ship to Japan.

The train ride lasted for 7 days. The food was decent and we went in the middle of winter which amazingly--the compartments were warm and cozy.

The reason why I said, ":dizzy:" is because the weather was depressing at that time of the year. I remember distinctively that my mother slept for 2 days! :lol:

That's nice. Have your husband eat a Chicken Kiev?? :)
No, he ate what the people ate. He ate pork chops,boiled potatoes, fried eggs,boiled potatoes, cabbage, and boiled potatoes. They couldn't eat local produce or fish because of the residual radiation from Chernobyl. Hubby brought his own bottled water and TP with him.

The people were shy at first but very hospitable. They weren't used to American friendliness with strangers.

I like the Russian Dolls either. That's interesting about your friends never go out to fast food. That's good thing! Have you even try any Russian Food? Like Caviar or borsch?

No, just the fish egg and their Russian style fish, I ate dinner with them only once :)

The people were shy at first but very hospitable. They weren't used to American friendliness with strangers.

That's very true, I think most of European people tend to not really friendly with the strangers, like they don't smile at you if you smile at them. My friend's family was shy to meet me at the first time and doesn't even smile except for the parents till they finally getting know me.

No, he ate what the people ate. He ate pork chops,boiled potatoes, fried eggs,boiled potatoes, cabbage, and boiled potatoes. They couldn't eat local produce or fish because of the residual radiation from Chernobyl. Hubby brought his own bottled water and TP with him.

You means Americans are more friendlier to strangers than Europeans? Just wonders.

You means Americans are more friendlier to strangers than Europeans? Just wonders.

I think Reba meant that they didn't think Americans were that friendly.

Yup, thanks, I had discussed about Dubai before and it's really impressive city that I had seen.

My long-lost college friend who was my first roommate finally found me in facebook. He's from Bahrain royal family (oil obviously) and he's currently in Dubai for business purpose. He's been meaning to invited me to his extravagant wedding but we lost contact a few years ago and he already got married. Oh well. He's a good man though. The way he laughs is HILARIOUS. :laugh2:

Russians are friendly, but they usually keep to themselves. They aren't used to American's friendiness.

Would I want to visit Russia again? I don't think so.

If I remember correctly -- Russians don't like for windows to be raised/opened even if it is so hot.

Jiro, you should go to Dubai to surprise your buddy. There is no doubt, you'll like Dubai. I loved it. I would move there if it is that friendly for deaf people like myself.

Russians are friendly, but they usually keep to themselves. They aren't used to American's friendiness.

Would I want to visit Russia again? I don't think so.

If I remember correctly -- Russians don't like for windows to be raised/opened even if it is so hot.

Jiro, you should go to Dubai to surprise your buddy. There is no doubt, you'll like Dubai. I loved it. I would move there if it is that friendly for deaf people like myself.

oh no - He lives in DC and I don't know where's he in Dubai lol. I think he'll be returning soon. :dunno:

oh no - He lives in DC and I don't know where's he in Dubai lol. I think he'll be returning soon. :dunno:
Oopsie LOL. Well, maybe you can go there with him one day. :P

Yes. Hubby said that people looked at him and the other Americans in his group in a puzzled suspicious way when they (the Americans) smiled at them on the street. Also, our missionary friends have mentioned several times how people in other countries are not as open or friendly to strangers.

Here's an example. We have missionary friends who live in Poland. The husband is native Polish, the wife is native American (they now have dual citizenship). Their children were born and raised in Poland. Our friends told us that in Poland, you don't smile at a stranger unless you are flirting and trying to pick up someone for a date. When our friends came to America recently for a visit, their oldest son (about 8 years old) asked his parents, "Why are all these people flirting with us?" He just couldn't understand American friendliness.

I think Reba meant that they didn't think Americans were that friendly.
No, it's the opposite. Americans seem too friendly to foreigners. The people in Ukraine were suspicious of American friendliness, until they got to know each other.

No, it's the opposite. Americans seem too friendly to foreigners. The people in Ukraine were suspicious of American friendliness, until they got to know each other.

ah. :ty: for clarification. Little odd but understandable.

Yes. Hubby said that people looked at him and the other Americans in his group in a puzzled suspicious way when they (the Americans) smiled at them on the street. Also, our missionary friends have mentioned several times how people in other countries are not as open or friendly to strangers.

Here's an example. We have missionary friends who live in Poland. The husband is native Polish, the wife is native American (they now have dual citizenship). Their children were born and raised in Poland. Our friends told us that in Poland, you don't smile at a stranger unless you are flirting and trying to pick up someone for a date. When our friends came to America recently for a visit, their oldest son (about 8 years old) asked his parents, "Why are all these people flirting with us?" He just couldn't understand American friendliness.

I'm quitely not surprised about difference on between Americans and Europeans, I'm really can't remember so much when trip to London in 13 years ago during young childhood.

I'm proud to be American, despite on more conservative when compare to many part of Europe.

Thanks for explanation.

I would not mind going to Russia just to have a look. Of course, it won't be any time in the near future given of the grim situation over there.

One of my friend was in an exchange program and stayed in Russia for 3 months. She was telling me about her experience living in Russia during that time. It was quite interesting. She said the living condition over there is quite harsh. From what she said, the jeans over there are way a lot expensive. Ouch.

How much cost is jeans in Russia?

I was a kid when I took the trainfrom Moscow to Vladivostok and then we took a ship to Japan.

The train ride lasted for 7 days. The food was decent and we went in the middle of winter which amazingly--the compartments were warm and cozy.

The reason why I said, ":dizzy:" is because the weather was depressing at that time of the year. I remember distinctively that my mother slept for 2 days! :lol:

Wow! You have a great experience of your travel. I understand what you mean. :dizzy: LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back