Crikey. Crocadile Hunter, Steve Irwin, Dead.

I just noticed that it was a repost. Sorry about that! It's 2:20 am here and I must be tired because I went to post it in the wrong place.

Time for me to go nighty nights.

It is now a shock to me and I can't believe it.. I will miss him greatly because I always see him on Animal Planet. :eek3:

whoa.. his time has come to end..he sure challenged many wild predators and survived up till to this one!

RIP!

Yeah, I heard about him on TV news a hour ago. I was so shocked! He died so young. I miss him!

wow! i was shocked abt his's death i didn't know who this person till i saw the pix ahh i seen him on tv few time.. it's sad news

I was very very shock after learn this sad news from here... I cannnnooootttt beleive it.... We are the fan of Steve Irwin. We watched his show every Sunday afternoon. My boys´s dream wish to meet him and visit his Zoo one day. We often talk about go to Queenland one day but we told our sons to finish their education first and get jobs then... We enjoy to learn about Steve´s history how he was raised to learn about crocidiole. Their parents are crocs. farmer... He had been experienced to deal with dangerous animals and had been accidents many times until Stingray..... :(

I informed Alan, my younger son straight way after read this thread here. (Danny is still sleeping). Alan took this sad news very bad. He is very upset. (Alan has to get up early for go to week camping). I don´t know what Danny react when he wake up.

I´m total surprised about Stingrays attack because they normally doesn´t attack humans. I has the feeling that it could be accident when he was being stung by Stingray´s tail. I thought so after check with google about Stingrays.

Death
See Wikinews article:
Crocodile Hunter's Steve Irwin dies at 44On 4 September 2006, shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC), Irwin was killed in a marine accident while filming an underwater documentary in the Great Barrier Reef off the Low Isles near Port Douglas, north of Cairns, Queensland, Australia. News reports say he was stung either through his heart[5] or through the left side of his chest[6] by a stingray, causing a fatal wound. After he was stung, his crew called for medical help. The Queensland Rescue Helicoper responded. [1] However, Irwin was immediately pronounced dead at the scene.[7] The Queensland Police Service notified his family and released a statement for the media concerning the event. In a statement released to Australian media, Foreign Minister Alexander Downer expressed his sorrow and said that he was fond of Irwin and was very appreciative of all the work he had done in promoting Australia overseas.[8]

Steve Irwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can´t beleive it... :(

R.I.P Steve Erwin.

I just can't believe this! This is my first time hearing this......my jaw is still dropped. Im now soo sad......:sadwave:

hey my partner and i just got on this and we saw that the first thing and was like OMG! this is Stunning am very sorry to hear of his untimely death, he will be sorely missed!

RIP Steve Irwin!

Oh very shocking to hear he had died sigh ! i love watch all his programmes he was so wonderful man who does to love all the animals doesn't matter it wild or tame . ... my thought goes to his wife and children. R.I.P Steve Urwin..

Yes, my thought and feeling go Steve´s wife and small children. :(

I read it here about an hour ago or so and couldn't reply here right away. I was so shocked then upset/cried. I used to watch his shows many times in the past and I've enjoyed very much. He was a good man.

As Liebling said s/he believes it was an ancident. I believe so too after studied about stingray barb. I've seen stingrays in Florida gulf bay while I was in the water but it didn't have barb on tails. Some stingays has none or one/two barbs on the tail. With Steve Irwin, I'm sure perhaps something turned too fast was caused the ancident.

My thoughts and prayers goes to Steve Irwin's family and friends.

Steve Irwin ...ILY ... Rest in Peace.

I was shocked and sadden to hear Steve Irwin was killed. He has taken millions of risks in his life, til finally the stingray gotten to him. He has taught millions of people around the world about wild animals's life. We all give thanks for his sacrifice he made for everyone to learn about wild predators.

May you rest in Peace and you will be missed.

Attacked by a small stingray? (is it toxic?) Not a huge Crocodile?
What a freak and ironic accident. I am very stunned to hear this news. He was a fearless guy!

RIP Steve Irwin (Ir-lost?) Gee ... :roll:

When someone passed the link, an website from yahoo... I read it and was very shocked.

I have enjoyed watching his shows for years... May Steve Irwin Rest in peace and you will be missed.

My prayers and thoughts to Steve and his family.

If anyone is not familiar with stingray, here is what they look like:

stingray%20swimming%20along%20bottom.jpg

How could the stingray attack Steve ??

The stinger is a razor-sharp, barbed or serrated cartilaginous spine which grows from the ray's whip-like tail (like a fingernail). So it was hit thru Steve Irwin's left side but more likely thru his heart. I believe it was an ancident.

Found on website .. it says Fatal ray stings, such as that which killed Australian environmentalist Steve Irwin(although he was not killed by the sting itself but from a puncture to the heart in turn causing cardiac arrest), are rare but can occur if stings are improperly treated, sever major arteries, or are in the pelvic region or chest.[1]

Last edited:
I cant believe he passed away from stingray, I dont know abt this till my friend told me abt Irwin and I am shocked cuz my dad's favorite is Irwin and my dad always act like Irwin's performance such as catch alligator, etc... I will tell my dad abt this...

RIP Steve Irwin

Back