10 tricks for reducing your heating bill

I bought an 8-pack of energy-saving light bulbs for $3 at Sam's Club a few days ago. :)

Awesome - I hope you keep receipts because if they fail to last entire warranty, you can challenge them and replace for free. That you can do with energy bulbs, not regular bulbs. Another bonus for all of us.

If you have single-lever sink faucets, you can save energy (and dollars) by keeping the lever in the "cold" position whenever it's off. That way, you activate the water heater only when you turn it to "hot". I was surprised to read that even when you leave the lever in the middle "neutral" position, it wastes a little bit of hot water each time you turn it on.

It won't make you rich but every bit helps. :P

I was told by some of country guys that they pee outside to save the water. Interesting uh? :lol:

If anyone own PS3 or Xbox 360, you can't reduce that much. Because they are at least 3 time more cost on electric than Wii. :D :D :D

If anyone own PS3 or Xbox 360, you can't reduce that much. Because they are at least 3 time more cost on electric than Wii. :D :D :D

I am not sure if can measure the difference of laptop and desktop usage of electric. All I know that desktop generate a lot of heat and nice to have during winter.

Back