Does Milk Make You Sleepy?

AJ , make a trip to your local doctor and I am sure he will solve the problem for you. He will talke a sample of blood work with you drinking no milk

Then he will have you drink some milk and get bloodwork with milk in your body

and he will have it sent to the lab or he can do it right in his office to see what is going on with the milk entering the bloodstream.

I am sure it is an allergic reaction because I drink milk alots and nothing happens.

If you keep drinking milk and you are actually allergic to milk , eventually it could kill you

plus on the flip side how do you know if you are not allergic then you stop drinking without ever consulting a doctor then you miss out on the great benefits of milk.

Hope this helps.

Interesting, I never thought about this... I´m milk lover... I drink milk real alot... drink milk to calm sleep problems...

AJ, I suggest you to check with Doctor for blood test...

I agree with Liebling. Get yourself checked out.

To answer to your question, no milk does not make me sleepy. Turkey does.

Catmandu said:

oh yeahh Turkey make me tired hehe.. I check it out through the interent about turkey that turkey can make them tired after you eat turkey. last Christmas I eat turkey then in few mins got me tired eheheh :giggle:

AJ said:
thanks for scaring the hell out of me Heath.

AJ , I was not scaring the hell out of you. I was just telling you what I am seeing with your situation.

Yeah, like the anothers said , Make a trip to your local doctor and see what he has to say about your situation.

That trip to your local doctor could turn out to save your own life.

You got one life to live, make the best out of it by keeping your health in check. :) :thumb:

milk do make me sleepy if i don't drink milk i get insomnia

so i have to make remain myself to drink milk

I had read some place that the tryptophan in milk helps you sleep but I've never been made tired from drinking milk before.

Yup! Turkey and warm milk does make me :zzz: :lol: Also if I eat too much and really full, it make me :zzz: too!

Catmandu said:

258!! I don't get sleepy from cold milk only warm...if i have a hard time to fallen asleep at late night, I'll drink some warm milk...also it helped me with heartburn too!

Reiko said:
I had read some place that the tryptophan in milk helps you sleep but I've never been made tired from drinking milk before.

Well drink the milk will help to get rid of the heartburns.... but make sleepy i doubt it .. only warm milk will help to sleep easily if stresses out try to get sleep just get warm milk to drink .. :wave:

i used to LOVE drink milk but i have to watch how many i drink or i will end up having cramps in the middle of night eeke!

Drinking milk in the mornings, in my cereal, or as a snack is fine with me..so milk during those times doesn't make me sleepy at all...
But when I warm my glass of milk, then yes, that makes me sleepy. :) There are times when I want to go to bed and to get a good night sleep -- so I just warm my glass of milk in the microwave, and then drink it before I go to bed. It works. ;)

milk

I agree I think you may have lactose intolerance. This can also cause you to have constipation if you drink too much milk. I think you should get it checked out.

Depends your health.. AJ..

recommend you see your family doctor... how's your bloodwork!

Milk is good for you health but vary people who have allergic of 2% or skim milk wha..ever..

GOT A MILK?

Catmandu,
Yea.. I second ya... Turkey is very extreme dangerous drugged you.. LOL
Wha... lovely turkey meal?

AJ said:
whenever i drink milk i get so tired. it doesn't matter if its cold milk or warm milk. i cant have milk and cereal in the morning or ill be out like a light. so i usually have cereal as a bed time snack. or if i cant sleep i drink milk and in about 10 minutes im ready to hit the bed. i was wondering if milk had this effect to anyone else.

I am assuming that you are drinking a regular milk that contains rbGH in it. What brand did you drink?

webexplorer said:
I am assuming that you are drinking a regular milk that contains rbGH in it. What brand did you drink?

um right now im currently drinking TGLEE but i usually buy the store brand of milk.

and ive noticed lately that anytime i eat some sort of dairy i do get an upset stomach.

AJ said:
um right now im currently drinking TGLEE but i usually buy the store brand of milk.

and ive noticed lately that anytime i eat some sort of dairy i do get an upset stomach.

Now, you see why that you are purchasing the milk that you are having a problem. This is not organic milk (or non-organic food). You can buy a good milk at a health food store. You will be surprised how different. Actually, it takes two weeks for your body to eliminate the lousy milk. After two weeks, you can drink the good one.

webexplorer said:
Now, you see why that you are purchasing the milk that you are having a problem. This is not organic milk (or non-organic food). You can buy a good milk at a health food store. You will be surprised how different. Actually, it takes two weeks for your body to eliminate the lousy milk. After two weeks, you can drink the good one.

like soy milk? what kind of milk?

Back