Best Closed captions HDTV's

be good john

Reaction score
I'd like for people who own 50''-60'' HDTV's to tell me about the closed captions on them. I bought a 55"Sony Classic HDTV & found that the closed captions were 1" tall, but a thin font. That made it difficult to read from 8' away, :pfff: so I returned it. I have an antenna [no cable tv] so please tell me about your closed captions on 50" - 60" Sharp, Panasonic & Samsung, etc with antenna only. Thanks!

I'd like for people who own 50''-60'' HDTV's to tell me about the closed captions on them. I bought a 55"Sony Classic HDTV & found that the closed captions were 1" tall, but a thin font. That made it difficult to read from 8' away, :pfff: so I returned it. I have an antenna [no cable tv] so please tell me about your closed captions on 50" - 60" Sharp, Panasonic & Samsung, etc with antenna only. Thanks!

I know it not "famous name" brand tv but Vizio closed caption is quite good with the right size and fonts etc.

Most digital tvs these days let you adjust the fonts. It can be an exercise figuring out how to do that, but if you dig deep into the owner's manual, it's in there someplace.

Have the salesperson show you how to do that before you buy.

there is usually an option to change the font style in the menu. I found that the standard font for HD channels, they were very thin too. Changed my preferences.

Or you can buy this and put it next to the TV

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCfGQPjrxM]ASIMO Robot Demo 5/9: Sign Language Using Arms and Multi-Fingered Hands - YouTube[/ame]

Back