Hovrs' Mvp

CSDVRS and HOVRS have appoved 10-digit number service by FCC. but I never listen about Sorenson. My old friend who worked for Sorenson said that it refuse to approve it. That s bullshiiiit.

Sorenson now added VPdirect. That function same as 10 digit but using 800 number. Sorenson Point to point and hearing callers to deaf work same.

So they have game plan right now. CSDVRS and Hovrs are moving into direction in best interest of Deaf Community. Impressive.

I am sure SNAPVRS and Hamilton will follow same suit. I forgot which company was involved with FCC request for 10 digit.

There are about 16 VRS but about 8 of them runs 24 hours on their own while other VRS subcontract with 8 head VRS to do 24 hours services.

Nice to see some work as team.

Sorenson now added VPdirect. That function same as 10 digit but using 800 number. Sorenson Point to point and hearing callers to deaf work same.

So they have game plan right now. CSDVRS and Hovrs are moving into direction in best interest of Deaf Community. Impressive.

I am sure SNAPVRS and Hamilton will follow same suit. I forgot which company was involved with FCC request for 10 digit.

There are about 16 VRS but about 8 of them runs 24 hours on their own while other VRS subcontract with 8 head VRS to do 24 hours services.

Nice to see some work as team.

Read NECA s Watch Report:

TRS

Notice http://www.neca.org/wawatch/wwpdf/071808_4.pdf , CG Docket No. 03-123, WC Docket No. 05-196, FCC 08-151

07/18/08 – The Commission has published a Notice in the Federal Register adopting a system for assigning users of Internet-based TRS, VRS, and IP-Relay ten-digit telephone numbers linked to the North American Numbering Plan. The measures the Commission adopted are intended to ensure that emergency calls placed by Internet-based TRS users will be routed directly to the appropriate emergency services authorities by Internet-based TRS providers.

TRS

Notice http://www.neca.org/wawatch/wwpdf/071808_5.pdf , CG Docket No. 03-123, WC Docket No. 05-196, FCC 08-151

07/18/08 – The Commission has published a Notice in the Federal Register seeking comment on issues related to the assignment and administration of ten-digit telephone numbers for Internet-based Telecommunications Relay Service. Comments are due on August 8, 2008. Reply comments are due on September 16. 2008.

Found out that it come with browser, powered by Opera.

[yt]tuCAJeXH2yQ[/yt]

I hate to say I don't recommand this to deaf users period, because they can't afford monthly payment. Deaf users always prefer FREE cost of monthly payment from any VRS companies' videophone. I am sorry. That's all

Aye! I agree. Deaf users like the word FREE. I do, too but still... to prevent any misunderstanding, I would just like to remind hearing users that knows absolutely nothing or little about deaf culture/world who might roam around the alldeaf.com forum... not ALL deaf users can't afford that. It's simply losing their favor but then, you could say there's many, I mean MANY, deaf users can't afford due to job discrimination or the lack pay from a certain job. [Snallga, I know you don't say ALL. You based your opinion on the general audience of deaf users. High percent, I might add.] =D

$30 plus activation, FCC fee, etc... seems too much. Better off getting the videophone at no cost from Sorenson, CSDVR, Ojo, or Hovrs. Or settle for a portable video phone for just $99 from CSDVR's newly introduced Z or Vpad from Sorenson (price?? DeafNation in Pomona SOLD out $99 earlier this year which I attended. I'm former South Californian.). No monthly bill... just few cents/dollars on time of electric usage, that's great. I've no clue how much it's paid monthly. I don't handle the bill so no idea. =P Yes, I'm 19 but I'm not the householder. Dude, I don't even pay for my own cell phone. It's already 3 years and I don't pay a dime for it! Of course, I had to fork my money pocket for phones.. just phones (2nd and 3rd ones, not 1st phone - SK2, it was bought as my first phone ever gift from my sister), but never for a month bill, not one. o_O;

mededeaf - FYI - VPAD is not from sorenson -- it is from Viable :D

Well in a nutshell, not many things are truly free, someone pays for it... somehow...some way...

I had worked with HOVRS presentation with my supervisor and other rep in deaf club last night. More than 80 deafies were attended. Wow. He showed MVP to them. They are very interested to see it. MVP was awesome and many features! He said that MVP might be ready for new customers this autumn to early winter. :|

I have a question. I am curious about HOVRS will be work on my webcam brand is Logitech - QuickCam Orbit AF. I did test to call on VRS relay. They can't see me or I can't see them either. How about Sorenson will be work either?

I have a question. I am curious about HOVRS will be work on my webcam brand is Logitech - QuickCam Orbit AF. I did test to call on VRS relay. They can't see me or I can't see them either. How about Sorenson will be work either?

did you try hovrs's VideoSign 2.5 ? it should work with your webcam.

did you try hovrs's VideoSign 2.5 ? it should work with your webcam.

Yeah I did. My husband did download last Saturday. He is figure it out how it work. We were very busy all weekend. Now it's our free time this week. I am still on 14 connected.

Best connection is the Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000 ;)

I think it is legally the DMZ schitt problem. Pinky, did you get your VP 200 black thing fixed?

Back