NIC/RID Written Test

Jannine

Reaction score
Hi, so tomorrow I am taking the RID/NIC written computer based exam I've been studying and studying to the point where I dont think my brain and hold anymore information. Is there anyone who has taken this exam can tell me a little about it, I am super nervous! any help would be appreciated! thanks!

If you studied the recommended materials from the RID NIC test site, you should be fine. :)

Thanks!

I keep telling myself I'm going to pass! haha have to stay positive! well I will let ya'll know how it turns out! hopefully I will be on here with a big :D

Night.

Hey Jannine,
I was so excited to learn that you were taking the written test. I wondered how you did. My daughter is taking it tomorrow. She also has been studying non stop. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

I keep telling myself I'm going to pass! haha have to stay positive! well I will let ya'll know how it turns out! hopefully I will be on here with a big :D

Night.
How'd it go?

Hey guys! thanks for all your good luck wishes, unfortunetly I did not pass the written exam. I am however taking it again in Nov. and am taking a one day prep class on Oct. 22 so I hope I pass this time!!! I really want to get certified!

Hey guys! thanks for all your good luck wishes, unfortunetly I did not pass the written exam. I am however taking it again in Nov. and am taking a one day prep class on Oct. 22 so I hope I pass this time!!! I really want to get certified!

We ought to be study buddies, I failed it more than once

Last edited:
We ought to be study buddies, I failed it more than once

It's harder than I thought it was going to be, when you took it was it different questions or the same? hopefully 2nd time for me will be the last.

It's harder than I thought it was going to be, when you took it was it different questions or the same? hopefully 2nd time for me will be the last.

It's challenging, I think there are different versions with the same questions. I hope you pass the second time, it's not cheap!

The RID test is pretty brutal from what I understand. I plan on taking the written portion some time in 2012.

It's challenging, I think there are different versions with the same questions. I hope you pass the second time, it's not cheap!

Yes, tests like these for certification and licensure all have the same basic questions, but they will be phrased in a slightly different way and in different order on the tests. Prevents cheating, or the test-retest advantage.

The RID test is pretty brutal from what I understand. I plan on taking the written portion some time in 2012.

I wish you luck. Personally, I am glad it is as tough as it is. Certification means something that way. But I am certain you are up to the challenge, based on what I have seen.

I did don't know what happened?:hmm:

I did as well, and I did not pass. I've talked to others and they were in the same boat as me. I did have a question for people on this board. Terp Savvy's online course has anyone taken it and if so how was it? and is it worth the money. The workshop I was taking in October was cancelled :-( so T.S if my only shot!
And yes it is expensive! So I only want to take it one more time. In 2012 RID/NIC will require people wishing to take the written and performance exam to have a minimum of a bachelor's degree. So if you don't you can't take the tests.

What's interesting is that among international interpreters, the RID exam is actually considered "easy"! In Canada, for instance, you practically have to have a doctorate in order to become certified.

Degree requirement for NIC Performance, NOT written.

I did as well, and I did not pass. I've talked to others and they were in the same boat as me. I did have a question for people on this board. Terp Savvy's online course has anyone taken it and if so how was it? and is it worth the money. The workshop I was taking in October was cancelled :-( so T.S if my only shot!
And yes it is expensive! So I only want to take it one more time. In 2012 RID/NIC will require people wishing to take the written and performance exam to have a minimum of a bachelor's degree. So if you don't you can't take the tests.

I know this is a post from last year, but the Bachelors requirement ONLY covered the PERFORMANCE TEST. I called the RID and was told "As far as we are concerned, you will NEVER need ANY degree to take the WRITTEN EXAM."

You will need a BA to take the performance test, but you have 5 years to obtained that after you take and pass the written.

Degre requirements mean you must have a completed Bachelors degree when you sit for the test. You can pay for the test before your degree is completed, but they will not allow you to take the test unless you have proof of a completed degree.

I hope that helps and that you finally passed! :)

Back