Go, Ron Paul, Go!

You know, everytime I see the title of this thread, I get a picture of the dog on the skateboard on the cover of the kid's book Go, Dog, Go in my head. :giggle:

You know, everytime I see the title of this thread, I get a picture of the dog on the skateboard on the cover of the kid's book Go, Dog, Go in my head. :giggle:

I keep wondering; where is he going?

Count yourself lucky. I cannot get Johnny B Goode outta my head. :lol:

My son loves that story!!!! I think it is a dog in a racecar, not a skateboard. I will be more than happy to get up and go upstairs to look for his book. :)

As do many. Including some conservatives I know.

I notice that I am most likley to agree with paleoconservatives on many of issues if not all.

My dad would be one of those conservaties who has reservations about the abortion issues.

Hmm. I could be wrong, but I think that if he was elected, he would not be allowed to enact most of his platform anyway, and I think there would be a lot of resistance to his view of things on this particular matter.

"Politics is the art of the possible."

I think he'd be most likely be able to narrow the separation of the Church and State. Obama is well on his way to ending the wars that we have so he may find it easier to enact on his defense platform.

I wish him luck on his drug war stance though. He'll need it.

Hmm. I could be wrong, but I think that if he was elected, he would not be allowed to enact most of his platform anyway, and I think there would be a lot of resistance to his view of things on this particular matter.

"Politics is the art of the possible."
I can hear all the groaning from the crowd: "How can he get anything done if Congress blocks it?"

I think he'd be most likely be able to narrow the separation of the Church and State....
From what I read in Beowulf's link, Paul wants to restore the Constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion. Nothing wrong with that.

From what I read in Beowulf's link, Paul wants to restore the Constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion. Nothing wrong with that.

Where has anyone been deprived of their freedom to practice their religion? Except when it interferes with the rights of others?

The Constitution does not provide the right for some to practice their religion while interfering with the rights of others not to practice the same religion.:cool2: In fact, that is what freedom to practice your religion is all about.

It's not going to happen. The Supreme court, which has been dominated by conservative justices for the the last--well, since forever, has upheld the current interpretation, and for good reason.

You are free to practice your religion however you want in privacy, and even in public, but you cannot bring it to a state-sponsored event or establishment, which includes public school football games and courthouses. To adopt any sort of religious activity in state-sponsored events would show favoritism toward the religion in question. Defending against this is not an infringement of religious freedom at all. In fact, it protects it.

Back