Rush is moving to Costa Rica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
Rush Limbaugh threatened, "I don't know. I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented -- I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica."

Think Progress Limbaugh vows to flee the country if health care passes.

Um, Costa Rica has universal medical care. :)

"The Costa Rican healthcare system is rated very highly on an international level, and the country’s citizens enjoy the health and life expectancy equal to that of more developed nations. These accolades come courtesy of strong, universal health insurance and excellent public and private hospitals."

Costa Rica - Health Care

That shows how clueless Rush is.

and isn't the country owned by the USA?

Again, people just do not bother to listen to the full context of what Rush was saying. He didn't say "move" but leave to go elsewhere to get health care treatment.

“I’ve had all kinds of reporters: ‘Are you serious? Do you really mean this?’ So I’ve had to patiently explain today to people who do not bother to stay informed on this stuff what the genesis and the primary context of my comment was. I said, ‘Look, there are insurance companies who don’t want to be put out of business.’ We’ve talked to them on the program. I’ve talked to them privately. They are establishing health care clinics with quality doctors in places like Costa Rica. They’re going to continue to sell policies to people who have the ability to fly down there and get treatment. If I have to get thrown into this massive government health care insurance business and end up going to the driver’s license office every day when I need to go to the doctor, yeah, I’ll go to Costa Rica for treatment, not move there. So they're just in a tizzy out there, between Costa Rica and Eric Massa. So -- (laughing) -- it's going to be a fun day. Heck, it already is a fun day.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You know, I am in such hot water now. People in New Zealand are sending me e-mails: "How come you're not coming here? You've been telling everybody you're moving to New Zealand and now you're saying you're going to Costa Rica." I did not say I'm going to Costa Rica. The stupid people in the media who cannot trouble themselves to read my transcripts or listen to this program, listen to out of context stuff. I was asked yesterday where will I go for health care if Obama's health care passes, and I said if doctors here are not permitted to form private practice little clinics with individuals paying a fee, a retainer, and for services, then I'll go to Costa Rica to get major medical health care. I didn't say I would move there. They're all over these websites: "Limbaugh says he'd move to Costa Rica. Why, what more incentive do we have to pass health care to get Limbaugh to move to Costa Rica?" Now, New Zealand is reading about this and they're all bent out of shape that I'm somehow not coming there, all because of the stupid media. They are not competing for me because Costa Rica doesn't think I'm going to move there, which I wouldn't. Gosh.
No, I'm Not Moving to Costa Rica

So you are saying Costa Rica already has what Obama wants?????

Does he want to spend a couple trillion to move up to #36?

geographic.org

The World Health Organization's ranking
of the world's health systems.
Source: WHO World Health Report - See also Spreadsheet Details (731kb)

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems was last produced in 2000, and the WHO no longer produces such a ranking table, because of the complexity of the task.

See also: Preventable Deaths By Country
See also: Healthy Life Expectancy By Country
See also: Health Performance Rank By Country
See also: Total Health Expenditure as % of GDP (2000-2005)
See also: Main Country Ranks Page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rank Country

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America

38 Slovenia
39 Cuba

lol.

who cares where Limbaugh wants to move to?

Wow! Looks like the news are being busy not doing their job!

LOL, Costa Rica ahead of the US. Embarrassing. :roll:

Again, people just do not bother to listen to the full context of what Rush was saying. He didn't say "move" but leave to go elsewhere to get health care treatment.

No, I'm Not Moving to Costa Rica

Again, you failed to grasp my point - Costa Rica has universal health care. Why would he wants to go there? What difference would it make? None. :)

LOL, Costa Rica ahead of the US. Embarrassing. :roll:

no not really. It's reasonable. At least Costa Rica doesn't have to worry about national security and monitor the world.

Get him on AllDeaf.com... He's deaf, and im sure he will enjoy his time with Kokonut

Are you sure Rush isn't here already?????

I suspect Rush is a member and posts here as a far left liberal to provide kindling for debate. Soft toss liberal points to be hammered out of the park by conservatives

So you are saying Costa Rica already has what Obama wants?????

Rank Country

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway...

Surely, you know that they all have socialized health care? Some are even compulsory.

no not really. It's reasonable. At least Costa Rica doesn't have to worry about national security and monitor the world.

I know, just a bad joke. Of course, they don't. They mostly have to worry about drug trafficking, though. My friend lives in Costa Rica and told me what it is like over there. He used to live in Washington state and moved down there. It's dirt cheap to live there as well.

I know, just a bad joke. Of course, they don't. They mostly have to worry about drug trafficking, though. My friend lives in Costa Rica and told me what it is like over there. He used to live in Washington state and moved down there. It's dirt cheap to live there as well.

does he like living in Costa Rica?

Costa Rica will probably climb the charts too. By allowing international insurers. You can't even by insurance from other states here.

They are also held back by their public health care. Their private care is outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back