What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

AquaBlue

Reaction score
Tell us what books (fiction or non-fiction) you have just purchased. If you want to share a review or two on your read books, go right ahead. This is the book corner of AD. Welcome!

I just came back from the Goodwill Store and purchased a couple of good books for a few pennies:

• Three Junes by Julia Glass
  • The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald

0684801558.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Review:

You know when you first crack open an unread novel for the first time- preparing yourself for a journey that might excite or disappoint you? Well yesterday I began reading Kazuo Ishiguro's The Remains of the Day and after a few pages I knew...I just knew that this one was going to be, not just good, but great. His prose carries me along like a cloud on a trip to somewhere. All I know now, as I begin this Ishiguro journey, is the ride will be worth the price of the ticket. I like the book already!

remains.jpg

I own this book but I had to get a new one because I wore out the old one- the pages were turning brown and they (some) were falling out. The bad news is that in the old book I had notes written on the margins. So I will use the new one and refer to the old one (notes) when I need to do so. This is the book:

8510312.jpg

In June of this year, the same author will release a bigger and more intense version of an unabridged dictionary (note image below). I called Barnes & Nobles today and reserved a copy for myself.

20777623.jpg

I am really getting into this ASL (American Sign Language) thing big time; and I am progressing very, very well too.

I have no choice but to buy textbooks for my classes :( They re so expensive LOL.

Aside from school, I brought Ben Bova's 'Saturn" last month and haven't time to read it. heh.

Hey if you want to talk about books. You have to go to Creative writing thread.

I have purchased too many books lately. Most are the lastest books of Iris johensen, Patricia Cornwell, Karin Slaughter, Stephen King, etc...

You are addict to books too? Welcome to the club heh.

A Review:

You know when you first crack open an unread novel for the first time- preparing yourself for a journey that might excite or disappoint you? Well yesterday I began reading Kazuo Ishiguro's The Remains of the Day and after a few pages I knew...I just knew that this one was going to be, not just good, but great. His prose carries me along like a cloud on a trip to somewhere. All I know now, as I begin this Ishiguro journey, is the ride will be worth the price of the ticket. I like the book already!

remains.jpg

Well the beginning of the story is always boring...so I would say my most favorite part is the middle and the ending of the story in any novels. Sometimes the beginning are quite interesting. I have never heard of any books you have post lately...except for that sign langauge books. Do you ever read most popular author's books? Like Dean Koontz or Stephen King for one? I know that already you do not like Stephen King's Cell hahaha....

Which Stephen King book(s)? When I was a younger reader (no offense) I was into King big-time...the Dark Tower series was incredible!

FEB072100_hi_DARK_TOWER_GUNSLINGER_BORN.jpg

The towers are great too. I have them all. Remember I got the orignials. And I kept buying new one (up to date because I like the book cover hahaha...)My most fav is Secret Window. I watch the movie too many times. I love Johnny Depp thou.

The towers are great too. I have them all. Remember I got the orignials. And I kept buying new one (up to date because I like the book cover hahaha...)My most fav is Secret Window. I watch the movie too many times. I love Johnny Depp thou.

You have the originals? Did I read that right?? If so, you must take a snapshot or two and post them here on this thread.

Do you agree that Cell is the worse novel ever!? You know which of his novel (from way back) I recall most? It's an unheralded one. This one:

n708.jpg

I just came back from the Goodwill Store and purchased a couple of good books for a few pennies:

• Three Junes by Julia Glass
  • The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald

0684801558.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I am a big fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald, his writings are so classy :)

Yep. He's a contemporary of Hemingway- one of my most loved writers. The other two are Steinbeck, Capote.

fitzgeraldf.jpg

Very rare to get these orginials. Haha my mother had them but when she had to sell the house, she had no choice. She said I can have a few paperbacks. Yes, you can say I am lucky. She is the same age as Stephin King. If I find the time to get them out of my shed and to scan it, I will. (I rather have hardcovers here than paperbacks. So my paperbacks are buried in the shed. I have TOO many!!!) I have his first book thru Duma Key. That is how many I have. Some I have two of each because one is the orginail and other is maybe ten years old or newer. If you have Duma Key, go see how many books he got. That is how many I have.

Besides fiction I love Walt Whitman and others. Other Classics like Charles Dickons, etc... I have the orginal poets' books also. Very, very old and I would say fraigle. Haha...Way, way back in 1800's. It is in my antique bookcase with glass door. Now you can see I am an addict to books. :cool2:

Very rare to get these orginials. Haha my mother had them but when she had to sell the house, she had no choice. She said I can have a few paperbacks. Yes, you can say I am lucky. She is the same age as Stephin King. If I find the time to get them out of my shed and to scan it, I will. (I rather have hardcovers here than paperbacks. So my paperbacks are buried in the shed. I have TOO many!!!) I have his first book thru Duma Key. That is how many I have. Some I have two of each because one is the orginail and other is maybe ten years old or newer. If you have Duma Key, go see how many books he got. That is how many I have.

Besides fiction I love Walt Whitman and others. Other Classics like Charles Dickons, etc... I have the orginal poets' books also. Very, very old and I would say fraigle. Haha...Way, way back in 1800's. It is in my antique bookcase with glass door. Now you can see I am an addict to books. :cool2:
Restless_heart that's soo cool you have Fritzgerald originals those are worth a lot of money. That's awesome! I would love to see it hehe

Restless_heart that's soo cool you have Fritzgerald originals those are worth a lot of money. That's awesome! I would love to see it hehe

No picture thou. The book covers are in leather hide. Almost velvet. I love the feel of it hahaha....The pages are very, very yellowish or brownish. Must be with care bec it could come apart easily. That I can take photos of it bec these books are in my hallway.

I brought some books:

- "Scribbles of Dreams"
- "Third Child"
- "Poppy"

They are pretty old but I still like them. :)

I also make my own novel, too. I'm still working on that.

I brought some books:

- "Scribbles of Dreams"
- "Third Child"
- "Poppy"

They are pretty old but I still like them. :)

I also make my own novel, too. I'm still working on that.

Never heard of the books. Who writes them?

How many have you written so far? me five complete and four not complete. Working on two uncomplete little at a time. I try 500 to 1,000 words at a time. Maybe more if I get lucky.

Back