Since Bush became President in 2000...

I can not describe the title here, but here is my explanation - I have been reading a lot of documents over the internet and discussed with my american friends...I am curious as since President Bush becamed President in 2000 against Al Gore - and I have noticed a lot of changes with the disabilites funding for the deaf, like for example, they have lost the funding for the captions for the deaf people, deaf schools closing down, and many more - and I have noticed that in the past 7 years, has these years affected your deaf life sice Bush becamed President?

Feel free to argue/disuss/debate here... I am very curious with your POV's

Mod: If you seem this thread is in a inapporatiate thread, please kindly move in the proper section. Thank you.

That is why we have to vote for Democrat if you want funds.

Bush is a Republican... which mean low tax, cut tax... help the rich.
ignore the poor and the sick. Get some oil from Iraq. Hike gas price for
rich men.

If you vote for Democrat to be President... then
tax hike, help the poor and the sick... give handouts...

I'm disagree with you, every countries are equal.

Oh yes, they are being equal soon. It's too late now.

All it started a black market in Russia selling nuclear supplies and the parts when the Russia broke and poor security. That's Russian's fault.

It is same for George by selling top weapons. What a brilliant George is. It is so obvious that he wants U.S. to get a scab back for a real test.

:gpost: webexplorer,

I would like to quote part of your posts to response.

I am saying that our soldiers should be home and to be in their family.

Yes, I want them to come home to be with their families.

Iraq did not start the war.

Yes, that´s right.
BBC NEWS | Americas | Bush 'plotted Iraq war from start'

It was a terrorist group somewhere in the world that are hiding. It could be in Canada, Russia, Saudi, etc - maybe in your neighbor. Oops.

Exactly, that´s what I said at 2 days ago at other threads. The terrorists are here, there and everywhere in the world.. There´re many organizations against people in many countries? why attack Iraq for? Is it because Saddam support terrorists?

Republicans tried to destroy Bill Clinton because he had an affair. I really don't give a damn if Bill or George had an affair because it is none of our business. It is more important for them to do their job and take care of our country. Some congress people are just a big baby and picked on him.

*nodding agreement*

I know... *sigh* We (Europeans) were like Ugh after saw the TV news about Clinton´s affair... We often said to ourselves... Who cares? Why should we know about their affair then?

Barbaro is smart to talk and knows about the political stuff. Maybe, we will see Barbaro's posts here.

Yes I love to read her posts... I am thrilling to read her response to here.

Of course, my post is bad because of negative things going on with the Bush. It wasn't me - it is from media news and all over the worlds talk about bad things in our country. What can I say about more good news?

no, it's not real news you read.

Did you know that Bush is sending our top weapons to Saudi Arab recently? Isn't he too stupid? Saudi is never be a friendship with our country. You should know that. What a shame he is. He is supposed to protect our country.

it been happen since 1984 or 70s', nothing with Bush. Watch Syriana, you get idea what plot going on.

Three superpowers in the world are USA, China, and USSR. But, USA is starting to weak because Bush gave away some top weapons to some foreign countries. My father worked at Pratt & Whitney, and he told me that they gave some advanced planes to China, Poland, USSR, Saudi, Pakistan, Israel, and a few countries. It has been that way for 25 years. Bush got the most to give them away.

China aren't Superpower yet. Maybe in 10 years later. USSR lost title as superpower. Check it again, aren't you the web explorer? lol

It is probably easy for you to understand the tax form. Many other people did not understand it. My friend was an accountant, and she helped my other friend's tax form. She discovered that he did not get $3,000 back three years ago. How can he missed it? He thanked her to help him.

their loss. Most of IRS are trust and fix when something come wrong. I have one tiny mistake in middle 90s and they correct for me and I get more refund than I thought. Care to explain?

I am saying that our soldiers should be home and to be in their family. Iraq did not start the war. It was a terrorist group somewhere in the world that are hiding. It could be in Canada, Russia, Saudi, etc - maybe in your neighbor. Oops.

You forget that reason why we come over Iraq because they failed meet with UN's request for an inspection.

We shouldn't buy things that are made in China. Why we are still buying their products? We are too stupid to do it.

We have been use China since paper and glasses introduce in that country. Start with Europe who brought from them. It become our habit. And it's fricking cheap. Can you afford Mac (I know you have mac) if made here in US as it would cost $4,000 to $6,000?

About the elections, some people called it a black election box.

it's black election voting and it just an human error. Who care? there are lot vote, you need to move on. Bush win vote.

Republicans tried to destroy Bill Clinton because he had an affair. I really don't give a damn if Bill or George had an affair because it is none of our business. It is more important for them to do their job and take care of our country. Some congress people are just a big baby and picked on him.

there is policy about being president and most common said "conflict of interest" as Clinton have broke the code. What are you? flexible? We have to be strict... be cold!

Why don't you tell me that Republican actual support the disabilities act than than the Democrats? You forgot that the Republicans have the most seats than the Democrats at the House of Rep.

do the research and let me know :)

Actually, USA is not number 1 anymore. See Liebling's link. We are faking that our country is number one.

Barbaro is smart to talk and knows about the political stuff. Maybe, we will see Barbaro's posts here.

USA is still no. 1

- we invent airplane, electric circuit, bulb, music device
- western culture influence in the world.
- powerful entertainment media
- powerful navy in the world.
- we're one nation, practice like central of world on every race.
- Al Gore invent internet! wow!

Yes, that´s right.
BBC NEWS | Americas | Bush 'plotted Iraq war from start'

Exactly, that´s what I said at 2 days ago at other threads. The terrorists are here, there and everywhere in the world.. There´re many organizations against people in many countries? why attack Iraq for? Is it because Saddam support terrorists?

"Main reasons given Iraqi violation of UN resolutions, Saddam's repression of Iraqis, Iraqi violations of the 1991 cease-fire"

and it been start since 1998 during Bill Clinton era, who he signed the act to doing the inspection which why Iraq fail. So, that's why we vote to pass to invasion Iraq.

I know... *sigh* We (Europeans) were like Ugh after saw the TV news about Clinton´s affair... We often said to ourselves... Who cares? Why should we know about their affair then?

I see you have no experience at work with policy in relationship.

That is true, and that is the primary reason why Bush overturn Saddam! It is the whole reason behind why Bush decided to invade Iraq, but for some reason, these who loyal to Saddam turned themselves uglier than ever and Bush tried to find a way to calm these turmoil. They got nothing to do with Terrorism nor oil in the first place. It is just more of "adding" to his agenda.

So, obviously you already knew what is going on! Too bad most closed minded people had no clue to what is going on; and simply blamed on Bush.

"Main reasons given Iraqi violation of UN resolutions, Saddam's repression of Iraqis, Iraqi violations of the 1991 cease-fire"

and it been start since 1998 during Bill Clinton era, who he signed the act to doing the inspection which why Iraq fail. So, that's why we vote to pass to invasion Iraq.

I see you have no experience at work with policy in relationship.

Here is:

China aren't Superpower yet. Maybe in 10 years later. USSR lost title as superpower. Check it again, aren't you the web explorer? lol

China is ready to attack your home whenever it is ready.

their loss. Most of IRS are trust and fix when something come wrong. I have one tiny mistake in middle 90s and they correct for me and I get more refund than I thought. Care to explain?

It's good to know. Do you get more mistakes this time?

You forget that reason why we come over Iraq because they failed meet with UN's request for an inspection.

That's not true. They tried to find the smoking gun. Colin Powell left his job and forgot something on your ash tray.

We have been use China since paper and glasses introduce in that country. Start with Europe who brought from them. It become our habit. And it's fricking cheap. Can you afford Mac (I know you have mac) if made here in US as it would cost $4,000 to $6,000?

I paid $3,000. I received my IRS from your money. It was nice of you.

it's black election voting and it just an human error. Who care? there are lot vote, you need to move on. Bush win vote.

Of course. I can go on. Let's him have it and ruin our economy again.

there is policy about being president and most common said "conflict of interest" as Clinton have broke the code. What are you? flexible? We have to be strict... be cold!

do the research and let me know :)

I researched that Bush has a funny cowboy accent and his slang statements on the auditoriums so he isn't naive to be the president. He don't remember the names of the leaders around the world according on the news when he became the president, and he had an interview with ABC reporter on the national news.

USA is still no. 1

I think USA is no. #2. Canada is no. #1 because of a clean country. Actually, we have some good positive things for our businesses. We have a lot of opportunities that other countries do not have because of the democracy, and they come to our country and do some inventions. There are many conflicts between the corporations and green companies in our country. It isn't perfect.

- we invent airplane, electric circuit, bulb, music device
- western culture influence in the world.
- powerful entertainment media
- powerful navy in the world.
- we're one nation, practice like central of world on every race.
- Al Gore invent internet! wow!

(I read somewhere on AD that a deaf man invented an internet. Alldeaf reader met him at Gallaudet and took picture of them, and posted it here somewhere. I thought that MIT started it.) Now, you said Al Gore. Was he a student at MIT? (I didn't know that.)

That is true, and that is the primary reason why Bush overturn Saddam! It is the whole reason behind why Bush decided to invade Iraq, but for some reason, these who loyal to Saddam turned themselves uglier than ever and Bush tried to find a way to calm these turmoil. They got nothing to do with Terrorism nor oil in the first place. It is just more of "adding" to his agenda.

So, obviously you already knew what is going on! Too bad most closed minded people had no clue to what is going on; and simply blamed on Bush.

No, Clinton missed it a big time. He does not order our soldiers to find him and kill him. That was his big mistake. It cost us a lot of money for letting him go. I would think that FBI/CIA did not a good job to provide the information to the president.

No, we all know that George wanted to go after the oil businesses. He promised that after our soldiers captured Saddam, then they can go home. Now, they are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. We thought that we won it because they found Saddam. My friend told me that his brother-in-law is a solider, and he told him that some young soldiers are not trained enough, and many of them were killed. That's all I know.

I mean, do you have proof that President Bush took funds directly from the captioning money pot and sent it to Iraq? If someone else was President, would Americans really have more interpreters or access to movies?

I would like to see something more informative than other members' opinions. How about some statistics about the number of TV shows and movies captioned by year, and a break down of funding sources for captions?

If we had a president similar to JFK, we would certainly be focusing more on disability rights, as well as all civil rights.

If we had a president similar to JFK, we would certainly be focusing more on disability rights, as well as all civil rights.
How so? I'm curious; what did JFK do for disability rights?

How so? I'm curious; what did JFK do for disability rights?

I meant same in attitude as far as humanitarian concerns. Disability rights fit into the same category as civil rights. JFK was instrumental in instituting social programs that attempted to rectify the discriminatoy treatment of other marginalized groups.

Don't trust Wikipedia too much for your information. What you see there has been compiled from anyone who cares to type in information. Its a source known for it inaccuracies.

then read William Thornton Rickert Fox's book. It tell all. :)

No, Clinton missed it a big time. He does not order our soldiers to find him and kill him. That was his big mistake. It cost us a lot of money for letting him go. I would think that FBI/CIA did not a good job to provide the information to the president.

No, we all know that George wanted to go after the oil businesses. He promised that after our soldiers captured Saddam, then they can go home. Now, they are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. We thought that we won it because they found Saddam. My friend told me that his brother-in-law is a solider, and he told him that some young soldiers are not trained enough, and many of them were killed. That's all I know.

How do u know we thought we won? I never thought we won when we got Saddam. I already knew it will be years before war is over. We did not learn our lessons from Vietnam war. Oh well.

I can not describe the title here, but here is my explanation - I have been reading a lot of documents over the internet and discussed with my american friends...I am curious as since President Bush becamed President in 2000 against Al Gore - and I have noticed a lot of changes with the disabilites funding for the deaf, like for example, they have lost the funding for the captions for the deaf people, deaf schools closing down, and many more - and I have noticed that in the past 7 years, has these years affected your deaf life sice Bush becamed President?

Feel free to argue/disuss/debate here... I am very curious with your POV's

Mod: If you seem this thread is in a inapporatiate thread, please kindly move in the proper section. Thank you.

Yes I have noticed alot things had changed over years since Bush is in the white house. I am not sure if he has to do with it or our senators and congress people does to them. One thing I think it is attiude of some of us are dealing with. For instance many businesses does not want to hire more deaf people because of ADA law. Other thing probably it has to do with our country being in debt and they could have cut out alot of programs to pay debt. Just other day our congress made a vote to help poor children to have health insurance then they would have to cut some $$$ in medicare to help poor children. They move money around and felt closed captioned was not need for us. I wish to God they all are deaf so they would know how we feel when they made the decision to cut us off on many things.

then read William Thornton Rickert Fox's book. It tell all. :)

Okay, I look for it. Do you have a title? I just metioned Wiki because you had used it as a source. It can be risky, that's all....lots of incorrect info out there!;)

Back