Mexico Wool blanket Question`

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not know which post in thread about

I have 100 % Wool ( I think so bec its not soft blanket) Mexico blanket and need wash? How??

Thanks

I washed mine in regular wash machine nothing happened. Its all clean heehee

Just wash it and either hang dry or tumble on low heat. I have Mexican blankets (two of them) and LOVE them!!! Keep me so warm! :lol: But right now I only use one on top of my blanket in case I get cold at night while A/C is running.

Just wash it and either hang dry or tumble on low heat. I have Mexican blankets (two of them) and LOVE them!!! Keep me so warm! :lol: But right now I only use one on top of my blanket in case I get cold at night while A/C is running.

Yes, Mexican blanket keeps you so warm in winter time. I love those blankets bought mine in Ensenada (1997) still in good condition.

I got mine in early 90's and other one ummm let's see...1999 and I still have those! I wanted to get some more but it is in Tijuana (one of them I got at Flea Market). But I hope I can go back to Tijuana and get more. I can get good deals on them! I wanted like 4 or 5 more so I can keep them around in the house and just in case we have company, all set. :)
Yes, Mexican blanket keeps you so warm in winter time. I love those blankets bought mine in Ensenada (1997) still in good condition.

I got mine in early 90's and other one ummm let's see...1999 and I still have those! I wanted to get some more but it is in Tijuana (one of them I got at Flea Market). But I hope I can go back to Tijuana and get more. I can get good deals on them! I wanted like 4 or 5 more so I can keep them around in the house and just in case we have company, all set. :)

Yes, I would love to buy more too hopefully can drive to San Diego get one from the flea markets around the border. I miss going there haven't been in TJ (Tejuana) in years.

Yea I haven't been back since 1997 :( I wanna go back ha! I need to get passport to be on safe side

SORRY FOR OFF TOPIC! :lol:

Now go back to topic about how to wash the blanket :)

Yes, I would love to buy more too hopefully can drive to San Diego get one from the flea markets around the border. I miss going there haven't been in TJ (Tejuana) in years.

Maybe, to be safe, hand-wash it in a tub with Woolite?

Just wash on delicate cycle with cold water in your washing machine and then hang to dry. I wont hurt it. I do it to mine all the tie and I've had them for about 15 years. :)

Just wash on delicate cycle with cold water in your washing machine and then hang to dry. I wont hurt it. I do it to mine all the tie and I've had them for about 15 years. :)

with Woolite??

I am lazy!!! I don[t bother with woolite. I just use regular laundry soap!!! LOL Seems to be just fine as long as you do not put it in the dryer!!! :) Good luck washing your blanket.

Try "Dryel"? ;)

First option would be Dryel for wool blankets. But if it has to be washed due to stains, then cold wash in delicate cycle with one part Woolite and one part laundry detergent, rinse with softener so that the hard water won't be harsh on the blanket. Then tumble dry on air or low. Hang drying is better.

Mexican blankets aren't always in wool. I bought a few and some were cotton, some had colored burlap threads and some have wool. You just have to get a good sense of textiles and follow your best guess what you are washing. If you happen to get one with all 3 kinds of textiles in one blanket, wash it by hand and hang dry it! Otherwise, the machine washing and drying will warp the blanket.

Back