How Do I Find My Computer ID On My PC?

deafskeptic

Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried to find my computer id so I could register my software on my PC.
I have NO idea how to find it.

Do I find it in systems properties or what? I prefer Macs but the soundandbeyond software isn't Mac compatiable.

hmmm .. not sure what you mean but try this ... point mouse at "My Computer", at 2nd button click "property" then go from there to check such as General, etc. I hope that would help what you want. Good Luck!

No, the computer id. They weren't asking for the ISP or the IP. I got an email from the people at Cochlear.com explaining how to find it.

I'm supposed to right click on the My Computer icon and go to system properties.

Yes, very similar except that it's supped to be systems properties.

I am lost. You said that your soundandbeyond software (?) is not compatible with your Mac.

You mean that you need the ID from Mac so that you want to install it on your IBM PC. Is that right?

If yes, it won't work that way unless you have a Boot Camp on your Mac (OS Leopard) with the Intel chip that will run an IBM PC software. Without the Intel chip on Mac, you are out of luck. I don't have the Intel. Someday, I might one.

If your CD package has a serial number for your computer, you can install it and it will ask you for your CD's serial number.

ok just go click start. click run. and type cmd
it will appear black screen. type ipconfig
it s all info u need.
hope it will help u .. ;D

I am lost. You said that your soundandbeyond software (?) is not compatible with your Mac.

You mean that you need the ID from Mac so that you want to install it on your IBM PC. Is that right?

If yes, it won't work that way unless you have a Boot Camp on your Mac (OS Leopard) with the Intel chip that will run an IBM PC software. Without the Intel chip on Mac, you are out of luck. I don't have the Intel. Someday, I might one.

If your CD package has a serial number for your computer, you can install it and it will ask you for your CD's serial number.

It will not work with Macs. Doesn't matter what os it's on. I have two computers; one is a Mac and one is Windows.

I don't think they were asking for that.

ok just go click start. click run. and type cmd
it will appear black screen. type ipconfig
it s all info u need.
hope it will help u .. ;D
You need to be online with Windows for this to work.

No, I'm not on the internet with the PC. It's offline. Cochlear has told me I don't need to be online with Windows to register with it.

They asked for the computer ID NOT IP or ISP. No, this is not a misunderstanding. They said ID.

I don't think Cochlear has kept up with software changes in Windows and I will have to ask for a refund. The person who is trying to register my software says the numbers I gave her didn't fit the required format.

I think I may have found the solution to this problem. I opened up the phone registeration part of the soundandbeyond software. Then i saw the words computer id. YAY! I have the numbers I need. I'll know soon if they're the correct numbers.

Thanks for your help guys. I wish this software worked with Macs. :(

Yep, they were the correct numbers. It seems that the software Soundandbeyond software assigns a Computer Id to each pc it's installed on.

Back