"Life Isnt About Money"

Is life about giving with no money?

• Yes, we all should give our lives to others without any monetary value attached.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No, we should give but also get some rewards for our hard work.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No opinion

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
So it was easy for her to make the comment she made.. :roll:

Does she do any volunteer work to get that special rewarding feeling of putting smiles on people faces???

Good question..I dunno.

ok, I do see her point, we ought to work together in a community, devote our time helping people, but at the same time we also want to pay for things that help our life easier (car, washing machine, etc.) I do not think anyone want to work double shift and miss out their family just to pay shelter and food.

I know this guy, who have a slight learning disability, and yet he is married and have children.Because of his learning disability, he can't get paid very good. This guy had to work TWO jobs (and his wife work too) just to make it. The sad thing is that he hardly ever see his family :( Who want that? I bet this partner of her have to work a lot since she is a stay at home mom.

Yea, who wants to work two freaking jobs just to pay the bills? If I was working a 2nd job to buy a fancy house or a fancy vacation, SURE I WILL DO IT! I will work hard for those rewards but to work two jobs to put food on the table and shelter over my head? That is no fun way to live in my opinion. That was why I went to college so I wont have to do that but look at me..when I was single, I had to work two full time jobs to support myself. How pathetic is that?

In my opinion, Life is really about money, everything cost us $$, without money we can not survive, without money how can we live? how can we raise our children? and just how can we pay our bills? So money is necessary to get through life. ;)

A wise person told me once....Money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure helps to pay the bills....And life was all about having a roof over ur head and food to eat.
I've worked very hard also, 2 jobs at times (being a single parent of 2)....then adopting 3 children.
My grandfather (bless his deceased soul), also raised me and my 6 siblings for years. He worked as a night watchman and had many health problems, never complained! We had very little $$.
Our budget is very tight! I do feel ur dilemma, Shel. Life isn't fair in a lot of situations. I do know that I would have a lot more $$ if I didn't have the children....that I could travel more, be able to do many things.
But given a choice: I'd pick the children because they need me and I need them.
I had always wanted to "carry that little black briefcase in Washington"....funny how life's course went entirely a different way...

The more you give, the more you will receive in given time.

In though times, we find out what is truly important--family and friends top the list. Sure, some people will be around when times are good, but can you trust them for the long haul? You're blessed if you have family and friends who truly love you. You can't buy that.

In though times, we find out what is truly important--family and friends top the list. Sure, some people will be around when times are good, but can you trust them for the long haul? You're blessed if you have family and friends who truly love you. You can't buy that.

No, I cant buy that but I dont want my family on the streets because I couldnt pay for my bills.

I feel that this person does not need to tell you that stuff. Apparently this person does not understand where you are coming from and your life with money. I highly respect any deaf teachers, like you that i know how hard teachers that involves mental and emotionals are which should be apprioporate salaries ( i know i could have said "nice salaries".) that is not related about teachers salaries but work hard that would make life easier in some way. That's your rights to express your feeling about how tight $$ is, with life.

my ex posted this on her FB - "All we need is Love!"

and her friend replied - "I told my landlord but he insists with this money thing..."

:lol:

We can always go back the old fashion way if we hate money so much -- where Doctors only get paid with apple pies for his service :) But the problem was that he got way too many apple pies and it wasn't going to pay for more medical supplies so That's when he began to ask for money

"Life isn't about money".......

I disagree. Money is everything. Money DOES buy you happiness.... only if you do it right.

Shel - I have lived as DIRT POOR in the past, and having money. I prefer to be poor in a way.

Its about how happy you are.

Dunno. I have been pretty much "everywhere" in the last three years. From making a lot of money and having everything under the sun, to living on almost nothing to being something akin to welfare (aka living off of my family.) I have to say... I prefer working two jobs, living like a college student, putting money away for "retirement" over living the "high life." Watching how my family rises from barely being above the poverty line to being an upper-middle class... most of us prefer being the lower middle class.

Might be singing a different tune if I got a kid and a girlfriend though.

It's all about remembering who you are, and I think most of us lose sight of that no matter where we are in the class hierarchy.

Money do not bring happiness, if you believe that money brings happiness, I wish you tons of luck.

For some people, working two jobs to make ends meet is fun?

Wow. To me, that is not fun.

I dont want to work two jobs and neither does my hubby but we have to. If life isnt about money, then why are we both working two jobs just to provide for our family?

If someone thinks my views are skewed then I hope you are working two jobs as well and enjoying every minute of it. :roll:

For some people, working two jobs to make ends meet is fun?

Wow. To me, that is not fun.

I dont want to work two jobs and neither does my hubby but we have to. If life isnt about money, then why are we both working two jobs just to provide for our family?

If someone thinks my views are skewed then I hope you are working two jobs as well and enjoying every minute of it. :roll:

exactly. money does bring happiness..... only if you do it right. Lot of people let the money dictates their lifestyle and attitude.... and things get way over their head.... which leads to unhappiness.

I don't want to be a millionaire but being a thousandaire is nice. it's comfortable and balanced.

Sure beat the crap out of playing PlayStation all day long because you're too afraid to find a job.

That's the difference...I am willing to work hard but working hard to death just to make ends meet kinda sucks. That's being honest. I am not going to lie and say "I work hard all the time and I feel good about it."

exactly. money does bring happiness..... only if you do it right. Lot of people let the money dictates their lifestyle and attitude.... and things get way over their head.... which leads to unhappiness.

I don't want to be a millionaire but being a thousandaire is nice. it's comfortable and balanced.

Yea, I dont want to be a millionaire and I am willing to work hard so I can lead a comfortable life but it isnt happening at all. :mad:

I dont need a Rolls Royce, Mansion, airplane or any of that. Just some extra money so I can travel especially to see my family. I havent seen my family in AZ for years cuz of not being able to afford it no matter how hard my hubby and I work.

When that person said "Life isnt about money" "Life is about giving", it made me wonder "At what whose expense?"

The thing is...

Living in debts sucks, no matter what class you are. No doubt about it.

yes we all do have debt but a millionaire with debt CAN still live comfortably. People with 2 jobs can't. and people with shitty salary or hourly wage can't.

Back