Missing deaf people

That's heartbreaking, but it sounds like you're doing great work with this Porchlight group. All the best.

Hello. My name is Lauran and I am the founder of Porchlight for the Missing and Unidentified. Sadly Donna Jean Snowden has been identifed. She was actually found deceased in Texas in 1993. Tragically she was not identified until just recently, by a DNA match in the Codis database. Our group Porchlight works on these old cases by submitting possible matches with unidentified souls to law enforcement. You can read about sweet Donna's case here
Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified -> TXF930121 / Donna Jean Snowden

If we can ever assist anyone here, please do not hesitate to contact me at monkalup@aol.com.

Peace

Thank you for letting us know. I passed the information along to the DoeNetwork.org. It is sad to know the demise of such a pretty girl.

I have bookmarked your Porchlight International. One more website for me to browse and learn. When I came across the DoeNetwork.org, I thought it is a wonderful way to volunteer.

Donna Jean Snowden's body was found east of Houston. Does anybody in Tx that knew her, know why she would be going to Houston? Deaf club? a new boyfriend? a close friend?

Donna Jean Snowdon has been missing since 1987 from Rivercrest Community, Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. She was born in 1966 and that would makes her about 41 years old now. Does anybody know her? If you do, please tell us about her and anything on the day she went missing as well.

Link: The Doe Network: Case File 1762DFTX

My name is Mary Allen. I am not deaf but my mother was Donna Jean Snowden .
I didn't know her she left me when I was 5 years old I am now 23. She really went missing in 1990 the cops found her dead in 1993, She was murdered. They still don't know who did it and will proabaly never find out.She
chose drugs over me and my sister that's why she left us, we didn't find out until 2008 that they found her, so all this time I just assumed she didn't want us and was still out there somewhere. After I found out she was dead I am still mad at her because she had left us in the first place, she also had between 1990 and 1993 to get off drugs and be a mom and come back but she didn't. I really don't want to put her as a bad person, people tell me before she got on drugs she was a really good person and a good mom. But I'll never know and never get to ask her WHY. I am now a proud mom of two great boys and would never leave them. I am sorry I went on and on I haven't talked about it since I found out and it was just all coming out. I am still confused on how to feel but I forgive her for what she did. I just wish I had a chance to tell her.

My name is Mary Allen I am her youngest daughter. She was in Houstan because she left my dad took me and my sister to live with her boyfriend. Then she left me and my sister from there and we never saw her again. That happened in 1990.

My name is Mary Allen. I am not deaf but my mother was Donna Jean Snowden .
I didn't know her she left me when I was 5 years old I am now 23. She really went missing in 1990 the cops found her dead in 1993, She was murdered. They still don't know who did it and will proabaly never find out.She
chose drugs over me and my sister that's why she left us, we didn't find out until 2008 that they found her, so all this time I just assumed she didn't want us and was still out there somewhere. After I found out she was dead I am still mad at her because she had left us in the first place, she also had between 1990 and 1993 to get off drugs and be a mom and come back but she didn't. I really don't want to put her as a bad person, people tell me before she got on drugs she was a really good person and a good mom. But I'll never know and never get to ask her WHY. I am now a proud mom of two great boys and would never leave them. I am sorry I went on and on I haven't talked about it since I found out and it was just all coming out. I am still confused on how to feel but I forgive her for what she did. I just wish I had a chance to tell her.
I am so sorry for your loss. According to the Porchlight website that is linked to earlier in this thread, she had been deceased for a few years by the time she was found in 1993. So most likely she was killed shortly after she disappeared. She didn't have a chance to come back to you and be a mom...she was gone too soon.

I'm so sorry.

Missing: Porschette Charslyn Evans

The Charley Project: Porschette Charslyn Evans

She was last seen at Gallaudet in 2004. She apparently has a medical condition in addition to being deaf, her physical description talks about scars from a breathing machine.

DC must have deaf homeless...maybe someone knows her...

anyone knows Emendo 'Charles' Bowers from Memphis, California?

I'm thinking about declare him as missing person. I've called every local funeral home, hospitals, morgue centers, and local prisons - no one knows him by the name.

I just hope he's either okay or died peacefully. had a heart problem for too long time now.

I'm thinking about declare him as missing person. I've called every local funeral home, hospitals, morgue centers, and local prisons - no one knows him by the name.

I just hope he's either okay or died peacefully. had a heart problem for too long time now.

Did you try the social security index?

Or the press. Perhaps someone in the press either knows where he is, or would publish a notice for you saying that you are looking for him.

social security index....no. how or where do I look for it?

press? like newspapers?

social security index....no. how or where do I look for it?

press? like newspapers?

The Social Security Death Index is a listing of people who have died, and also the place where they died. The easiest way to search is at Ancestry.com where you can type in someone's name and the year you think they died. It would be their legal name though, not a nickname.

Yes, I meant newspapers or TV or something similar like that. TV might be the best because your local news broadcast can show a picture of him or something.

Emendo

I know several men by the name of Emendo because it is a family name. However, before I give you any info about their whereabouts, I need to know who you are and why are you looking for him.

I know several men by the name of Emendo because it is a family name. However, before I give you any info about their whereabouts, I need to know who you are and why are you looking for him.
Nobody here is looking for him. If you know a deaf man named Emendo, you should tell the police because he is missing.

My name is Mary Allen I am her youngest daughter. She was in Houstan because she left my dad took me and my sister to live with her boyfriend. Then she left me and my sister from there and we never saw her again. That happened in 1990.

I am sorry for your loss. Like Etoile pointed out that she might have been killed soon after you last saw her. She hadn't a chance to change herself and return to you. I hope the officers will find the perperator(s) eventually.

I checked the Social Security Death Index and his name didn't appear. Do you mean he just disappeared or you just lost touch with him?

In this case, Emendo is the first name. Bowers is the family name.

Back