ASL Swearing 101

Not true!

I bet he was a stupid hearie too! All the hearies ever want to know is the bad signs.

Okay, as a "hearie" who has been immersing myself in Deaf Culture and learning ASL to the best of my abilities, it can be fun to learn all the swear words too, but I take offense at the above quote. I am getting tired of some deaf people claiming they want more hearing people to know sign language- make it easier in airports etc...if more hearing people who interact with the public can also sign...then when we take a completely real interest in learning the language, we might be ignored at Deaf events, or made fun of, or referred to as a "stupid hearie". As a hearing person with nothing but love, support and admiration for ASL and Deaf culture, that makes me sad. Just because there are many ignorant hearing people doesn't mean we all are. Please respond.

Okay, as a "hearie" who has been immersing myself in Deaf Culture and learning ASL to the best of my abilities, it can be fun to learn all the swear words too, but I take offense at the above quote. I am getting tired of some deaf people claiming they want more hearing people to know sign language- make it easier in airports etc...if more hearing people who interact with the public can also sign...then when we take a completely real interest in learning the language, we might be ignored at Deaf events, or made fun of, or referred to as a "stupid hearie". As a hearing person with nothing but love, support and admiration for ASL and Deaf culture, that makes me sad. Just because there are many ignorant hearing people doesn't mean we all are. Please respond.

I'll let you know that the poster who made the post you quoted is a permanently banned member. He was never a happy cookie.

jasin had a point as you don't notice he is perma banned and can't respond. :lol:

Hmm... interesting!! I will have to check if someone made a similar video in ASL later, or if there's no such video, maybe someone else or I could try making one.

Look at those dumb teenagers swearing in ASL..... where are their parents at?

[yt]yWU8iIBZ7zc[/yt]

I'd bury myself in the sand if those were my kids.. on the other hand ..:cool2:

Back