Are Dragons true or fake?

Oh, you mean a fire breathing kind of thing? Yeah.

I think it is a fake since I have not seen it in reality.

Serendipity said:
Oh, you mean a fire breathing kind of thing? Yeah.

I think it is a fake since I have not seen it in reality.

Of course, dragons are not in existence as of today. But it is believed that such dragons did exist a long time ago. Yes, the flying dragons that we're talking about.

Think about it... many cultures weren't in contact with each other back then. Yet they all had similar descriptions and stories of dragons. That's something one would have to think over for a while. Perhaps they didn't really breath fire, but it's possible that they did exist. There were even pictures of dragons carved into the bones by the Inuits in the northern areas of Canada where no reptiles should be able to live in at all due to the climate and environment.

Odd, don't you think so?

Even the bible has stories involving dragons. Dragons are quite a fascination to many people.

If dragons existed, why couldn't we find any fossils or bones dug up, showing evidence there were dragons?

I heard a dragon was mentioned at least once in the Bible. Don't ask me to find it, ask a Bible Thumper! ;)

sequoias said:
If dragons existed, why couldn't we find any fossils or bones dug up, showing evidence there were dragons?

Well, that's a good question. I don't know the answer to that, but it doesn't mean that nobody hasn't discovered any dragon skeletons. Heck, it's even possible that some of the dinosaur skeletons discovered may be in fact, a skeleton of a dragon instead. Today, it is commonly known as a mythology to many, not a fact. So it's easier to not believe in it than to believe in it.

I'm not saying that they are real, but I'm saying that it is possible because of the many tales that we hear from so different cultures that weren't in contact with each other a long time ago.

sequoias said:
Well, they have dug up many new species of dinosaurs. They probably just haven't found dragons yet. Maybe, they were already found... just not thought to be dragons. ;)

if there were dragon fossils, it would have been another entire story.

I don't think dragons are real, just like an imagnery friend.

Of course, dinosaurs are too real since there r evidences.

For those of you who follow religion, there is something in the bible describing beasts that are like dragons. However, there's nothing in the Bible that describes dinosaurs.

You believe in the Bible and in dinosaurs, but not dragons? Hmm...

Yeah, right ! Dragon is a symbol for Satan. :roll:

VamPyroX said:
For those of you who follow religion, there is something in the bible describing beasts that are like dragons. However, there's nothing in the Bible that describes dinosaurs.

You believe in the Bible and in dinosaurs, but not dragons? Hmm...

that is because dragon is the symbol for Satan ( the devil ) ...

I don't believe in the devil, I believe in God!

makes me wonder how the hell did they come up with visuzaltion of the devil or dragon... and aliens.. ugh. weirdos out there. :eek2:

downing said:
makes me wonder how the hell did they come up with visuzaltion of the devil or dragon... and aliens.. ugh. weirdos out there. :eek2:

Good question Downing,

I honestly do not have the answer to that since I don't believe in aliens, dragons or the devil....

Well, there are Komodo dragons in only one or two places on earth. Look them up; man, they are nasty! They can rip a man to shreds in seconds!

Oh yeah I have heard of those komodo dragons....Steve Irwin almost died because one of those chomped up his arm or leg. I can't remmy.

downing said:
Oh yeah I have heard of those komodo dragons....Steve Irwin almost died because one of those chomped up his arm or leg. I can't remmy.
Eh? What do you mean? How could it bite his arm or leg?

Komodo dragons can chomp some but the real damage they do is with their powerful, long claws!

Monday, 11 June, 2001, 11:55 GMT 12:55 UK
Lizard bites Sharon Stone's husband

Komodo Dragon: The world's largest lizard

San Francisco Chronicle editor Phil Bronstein - the husband of actress Sharon Stone - has had foot surgery following an attack by a Komodo dragon at a US zoo.
Bronstein was bitten on the foot in the Indonesian lizard's cage during the couple's private tour of Los Angeles zoo. . .

He had surgery on Saturday to reattach severed tendons and rebuild a big toe and was in a stable condition, a spokesman for the paper said.

The lizard got hold of Bronstein's foot after a zookeeper asked him to remove his white tennis shoes to keep the five-foot-long reptile from mistaking them for the white rats it is fed.

Stone, who witnessed the attack from outside the cage, said the reptile attacked Bronstein's shoeless foot, crushing his big toe while thrashing its body around. . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/1382755.stm

I was watching one show of Steve Irwin. The australian guy...kinda like crocodicle dundee thing. he was saying that a komodo chomped and squeezed the hell out of him , I think arm. i don't remember but he got real bad infection set from a bite.

I found a interview by Andrew Denton....

"Andrew Denton: We've got footage here of you meeting a komodo dragon. Let's check this out.

Steve Irwin on footage: I never really understood the potential danger that I was getting myself into. I never quite realised that these two giant goannas saw me as a food source. And as I approached, unknowingly, they just struck straight at me, going for my calf muscles, trying to pull them out.

KOMODO DRAGONS RUN TOWARDS CAMERA

Steve Irwin: Their teeth are like razors. One bite, one laceration, and I'd bleed out and be dead in an instant. The smell would send other dragons into a frenzy and they'd come from everywhere. (To camera) Holy smokes! That was too close. Let's follow them.

APPLAUSE AND CHEERING

Steve Irwin: Wild lizard."

here is another quote by Irwin, "Our motto, our absolute, what we live and die by, is conservation through exciting education," Irwin says. He is sitting in the dining room of his boyhood home in the Australian state of Queensland, where a battered boot hangs, trophy-like, from a rafter overhead. Irwin nearly lost the boot -- and his leg -- when a raging, flesh-eating Komodo dragon treed him in Indonesia."

I guess goannas are komodos? i know they are dangerous animals..... :eek2:

Back