Deaf Events in New Jersey

Tiffb831

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have a set schedule of deaf events in new jersey? I need to keep up my skills and practice as much as I can and I don't live close to anyone who is deaf or friends that are in the program.

Does anyone know anything?

Note: For those who are interested in deaf social gatherings at bars and lounges, join the NJ DPHH group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62821960428

Hey does anyone have a set schedule of deaf events in new jersey? I need to keep up my skills and practice as much as I can and I don't live close to anyone who is deaf or friends that are in the program.

Does anyone know anything?

what part of NJ are you?

I live in South Jersey not far from Atlantic City. I go to the Deptford Mall and I went to the Deaf Awareness Day in Six Flags. But as far as other stuff that's constant, do you know of anything?

I'm from South Jersey too. About 15 miles outside Atlantic City. It seems that most Deaf events listed are in North Jersey, or too far for me to attend. Unfortunately, my husband is diabetic and disabled so I don't want to drive TOO far. :O)

I'd love to find something in the Atlantic County area, nearer to me, that I can attend to practice learning ASL. A member of my church is looking to start a Deaf coffee hour soon, but I'm not sure when that will start. I can't wait though! :D

Hey, I'm from South Jersey and looking for Deaf Events too! I'm having a hard time finding them. :( I'll keep an eye out though, and post them if I find any!

Hi, I have been looking for some deaf events in New Jersey also. The only thing I have found is on deafcoffee.com. there are some chats in Vineland, Trenton, Edison, for those of you who live in south jersey. I was at the Deaf Expo. It was my first event and found it very interesting. I am studing ASL in college and need the practice so if anyone knows any other places let me know. have a great night

I live in South Jersey not far from Atlantic City. I go to the Deptford Mall and I went to the Deaf Awareness Day in Six Flags. But as far as other stuff that's constant, do you know of anything?

Hi Tiff. I live in South Jersey, too. 20 mins outside of Atlantic City. There is a Deaf Meet at the Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing on the last Monday of the month, and they meet at 6:30 at the Food Court. A friend of mine runs it. She says about 6-10 people come... mostly ASL Terps and students, but a few Deaf also show up too. I'm going to try to make the next one, but I have to take a longer dinner break from work to attend. But I wanna go!! lol Maybe I'll see ya there?

I am looking for deaf events in South Jersey Too!!!

Hi everyone! I am getting sooo upset because I cannot find ANY deaf events in South Jersey! Why is everything up North??? Can we start our own group or something? It seems like there are enough of us. If anyone is interested feel free to e mail me at computercrazy13@hotmail.com and I will definitely be attending the deaf chats at the mall! Hope I see you all there.
-Danielle

Get one of the planes pulling banners offshore during the summer to advertise a deaf meet up. Lol

We live in South Jersey at Camden County. Just 1 mile from Burlington County.

Hi there. Just found this thread. Are there meetings/gatherings/events for hearing that know some sign language in the Atlantic City, NJ area still? I noticed these are old posts. :)

Hi I live in Salem NJ. But I send my Daughter first day of school on nov. when she turn 3 years old. any one know about Vineland, NJ have Deaf school?? btw I'm Deaf single father. I would love meet deaf community event. I live in south jersey for 6 years I haven't find any deaf events so If they have deaf event not far north jersey. so I can bring my daughter and hearing ex mother in law etc... so they would love to learn sign language thanks

I am a member of Cumberland Players in Vineland, NJ. We are a small theater of 143 seats and produce 5 - 6 shows per year. We try to have an ASL interpreter at one show for each production. Sunday, September 13 at 2:00 PM we have an interpreter scheduled for the show. This is a children's show but enjoyed by adults as well. Tickets are $12 each. We are located at 66 E. Sherman Avenue, Vineland New Jersey. Our website is www.cumberlandplayers.com. We hope you can join us and spread the word.

It seems very difficult to find events for the hearing impaired in South Jersey. I am a member of a theater company in Vineland NJ. We are having a children's show this Sunday at 2:00 PM and have an ASL interpreter available. We are located at 66 E. Sherman Avenue, tickets are $12. We are really trying hard to reach out the community to let everyone know we are providing this service. I hope you and your daughter can join us. www.cumberlandplayers.com. If you contact tickets@cumberlandplayers.com and let them know you need seats near the interpreter, they will make an accommodation for you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble finding Deaf events in NJ. I live in South Jersey, about 20 minutes outside Philadelphia, PA. Are those meetings at the Deptford mall still happening? If so, what days and times?

No way! I been have issued to find any events or anything to meet Deaf people... I been have hard time since I just moved to NJ from Texas in last spring and still no luck.

I JUST found out through a Deaf friend that Deaf meets at the Deptford mall are every Monday at 5pm in the food court. So for anyone in the area, there is your Deaf meet. :)

Back