deaf and hard of hearing actors and actresses

C.J. Jones: I saw him on TV
Lou Ferrigno: I saw him in the TV series "The Hulk", and on interview programs
Phyllis Frelich: I saw her on several TV programs
Linda Bove: I remember her from the National Theater of the Deaf (live performance, many years ago)
Anthony Natale: I saw him in "Mr. Holland's Opus" and in the ASL instructional videos
http://homepage.smc.edu/natale_anthony/
Howie Seago: I saw him on a Star Trek New Generation episode
Marlee Matlin: I saw all her movies and TV shows

What about Gil Eastman (host of Emmy-winning "Deaf Mosaic")?
What about Bernard Bragg? I met him many years ago (around 1968) in Connecticut when he was beginning with the National Theater of the Deaf.

Lon Chaney Sr. was not deaf, but his parents were, and he credited his silent movie acting skills to his communication expressiveness that he learned from them.

Reba said:
Anthony Natale: I saw him in "Mr. Holland's Opus" and in the ASL instructional videos
http://homepage.smc.edu/natale_anthony/

OH that is him? Then make my list as (X) for him. I met him at my highschool. he was slightly snooty because the movie at that time was like fairly new. "Star-struck" and all that... He was introduced to me by a schoolmate (who apparently wanted to boost her "popularity" by assoicating herself to a movie actor) and kept saying, "HE IS THE CELEBRITY FROM THAT MR HOLLAND'S OPUS MOVIE" and I just nodded and said "nice to meet you" and went back to my routine. Maybe he was put off by my easygoing stance instead of having my mouth open and drooling that a movie star was only three feet away from me. :-D

[

I recognize Deanne Bray from Sue F.B. Eye. I read that she was a teacher for hearing impaired children. She didn't believe that people could read lips, so I believe she isn't as deaf as many of us think. I read that somewhere online. I asked my husband once when we watched her tv show together and he said she is more alike HoH instead of deaf, the way she talks.

What do you think about hearing actors/actresses receiving a part for any deaf character on the big screen instead of Deaf actors/actresses?

Last edited:
Im Still Waiting for this answer. My favorite rock star was Bill Haley. Did he ever go deaf?

I met Anthony Natale and asked for his autograph along with my friends a few years ago.

ravensteve1961 said:
Im Still Waiting for this answer. My favorite rock star was Bill Haley. Did he ever go deaf?

Not sure about Bill Haley—a quick Google didn’t turn up anything. Brian Wilson was deaf in one ear, and was incapable of hearing stereo seperation. This is why many of the early Beach Boys albums were recorded in mono, even though stereo had been invented soon after the band formed.

Well many of Haleys songs never used loud musical intruments. The drumer on the comets never went wild like the beatle ringo starr did. And Haley used a regalar country western gutar. And Rudy Pompelli was the saxaphone player he never blew loud like a wildman like Louis Armstrong did. I have been to a simalur rock group like bill haley and the comets group. My mother hired a group called The Magicians they never made it to big time. They were just a bunch of guys trying to bring back the 50s style music. I asked them if they knew how to play any of the haleys songs. They knew only 8 songs and they sang 4 of my favorites like "Rock around the clock" " R-O-C-K " " See you later alligater" "Dim Dim the lights" They also played chuck berrys songs and Buddy Hollys songs. When they start playing elvis pressley song "Jail house rock" I got a little upset and i waited until they finished the song i told them ""No more elvis songs please" I have nothing against elvis pressley its his songs kinda turn me off theyre so anoying. Maybe its certain sounds of music can make you go deaf like a electric gutar can damage your hearing and the Bass drums can damage them too if theyre played too wild.

I did not add all the names i could have for the reason of gaining info from all of you!
thanks for all you help...

Troy Kotsur X - he's very talented - what a great face!

Deanne Bray X - I only know her name.

Tyrone Giordano X - Wow. May I one day work with him, is all I can say. Did I mention I want to be a directer?

Amy Ecklund - No.

C.J. Jones - No.

Lou Ferrigno - No.

Michelle Banks - I recognize the name but can't place her.

Phyllis Frelich - X. Wish I had seen Children of a Lesser God.

Linda Bove X

Anthony Natale X

Howie Seago - No.

Marlee Matlin X

Back