Interesting Camera Failure vs Price & Brand

Not surprise, have you heard the phrase "You get what you pay for"

That is why I paid higher end cameras. I have done comparing different cameras, and the cheaper one is stinky!

I don't pay for high-end ones.

Why?

I do a lot of outdoors activities that would get the camera full of sand and dust. Not to mention the lenses would get scratched, even if I tried my best to take care of them.

how many time you have to spend outdoor in a year?

I try to make it once a week if I can. :)

The last time I ran down a dusty hill, scratching my glasses, pots, getting dirt and dust in ALL of my bags, clothes, and go into the protective camera bag, was the day I decided that DSLR and high-end point-and-shoot shouldn't be something to venture after.

I once got a Sony digital camera for $3, but lost it cuz I left it on top of the car. :(

Ah interesting. I used to have a Panasonic digital camera, didn't know it had the lowest failure/malfuction rates. I currently have a cheap Pentax digital camera, it has problem with lens cover not opening all the way when I turn it on. It has a higher failure rate anyway.

I'm pretty glad to own DSLR Canon, it's fair expensive one and I had to take really good care of it. I guess it give a stick in my head that I don't want to lose or harm anything to mine.

ha ha my bro in law got a flat sony digital camera for free that he found it at some where. Good enough he accidentally dropped it in the lake within 8 months later. sad karma huh?

I usually get camera that prices was in between the low price and high price. I had it for three years and my son dropped it recently. It wasn't working. Ahh It's time for me to buy new one soon.

Back