Nextalk doesn't work..

misdirectionx

Reaction score
Guys,

There's no tech support for Nextalk and apparently their forum is down at the moment. When I try to place a call to HSBC bank via TTY/TDD, they picked up my call and I keep experincing hang issues with baud 45 and then nothing happens.

WTH is going on? This issues remain persistence, and I got important calls to make!!

Stupid Vista, if it's their fault.

Guys,

There's no tech support for Nextalk and apparently their forum is down at the moment. When I try to place a call to HSBC bank via TTY/TDD, they picked up my call and I keep experincing hang issues with baud 45 and then nothing happens.

WTH is going on? This issues remain persistence, and I got important calls to make!!

Stupid Vista, if it's their fault.

Nextalk is old way!! P3 does have VRS/text relay, go download P3, P3 Software and the P3 optimized Purple Netbook, keeps you connected.

You're missing my point...

I want to use TTY, not VRS or TEXT relay service.

ouch!! Sorry i was missed that you sayin you want to use TTY online not text relay, lolz! I'm sorry that i don't have a clue. Maybe you can search during google if you can find somewhere you can get TTY online

go to nextalk.net and make a TTY call after you must log in on the websites.

NexTalk will support you

I am the CEO of NexTalk and will make sure you get support. Please email me at todd@nextalk.com or call me by relay at 801-274-6001.

I hate to make a forum post that looks like an advertisement, but I feel compelled to respond to a previous post that NexTalk is the "old way." I would encourage the person who made the post to visit us at Home | NexTalk Web Site and see what we've done since spinning off the company from the old NXi Communications.

I would put the new NexTalk Omniphone up against P3 anytime. It is a netbook based all-in-one solution that provides VRS, TRS and TTY communications. In addition, when used in an office environment it also fully integrates with the organizations multi-line switchboard/PBX phone system. This means when a voice call comes into the front desk, it can be transferred live to a deaf worker and the system turns the call into a VRS call automatically on the fly. The result is that deaf workers no longer have to live in a parallel world when it comes to office communications.

We're working very hard not to be the "old way" but instead to push the envelope and the state of the art well beyond anyone else in the field.

I think Nextalk is the best thing to use. One time I called thru video relay to a place of business and they told me that they do have TTY and they wanted me to call directly instead of using interpreter. I told them I never owned a TTY before because those equipment is too expensive for me to own them. Some businesses would tell callers to use the TTY service not the VRS. Same ideas when it comes to calling Wells Fargo Bank, they would tell you to call the TTY numbers they provided and have them call them directly instead of VRS, then deaf people would thought it was discrimination. Some banks don't trust VRS because it is for security reason they don't know if the caller is really you or pretending to be someone else. People in the deaf communities should continue to practice using the TTY. VRS would probably tell you the same in case of 911 emergency because it would take a long time to get medical treatment right away. Using TTY for 911 emergency is probably the best option to use for emergency use only.

Some businesses would be very persistent telling deaf customers to use their TTY service numbers. Deaf people should not throw out TTY, you will never know that you might will need it someday. I think Nextalk is the best way to use it online to make a call to someone else. I use it too and it helps me alot when some calls refused to accept VRS and then call TTY numbers instead. It was frustrating to convince them it is really me but still no matter what, they persist that I should call TTY numbers. SSI does the same thing too but I told them I don't own one and VRS is the only way to make communication...if they persisting me to call TTY then I would make a call through Nextalk. I am looking forward to new things that Todd mentioned in the previous post that he made recently. That would be pretty good challenge and see who is the winner at the end. :)

I am the CEO of NexTalk and will make sure you get support. Please email me at todd@nextalk.com or call me by relay at 801-274-6001.

I hate to make a forum post that looks like an advertisement, but I feel compelled to respond to a previous post that NexTalk is the "old way." I would encourage the person who made the post to visit us at Home | NexTalk Web Site and see what we've done since spinning off the company from the old NXi Communications.

I would put the new NexTalk Omniphone up against P3 anytime. It is a netbook based all-in-one solution that provides VRS, TRS and TTY communications. In addition, when used in an office environment it also fully integrates with the organizations multi-line switchboard/PBX phone system. This means when a voice call comes into the front desk, it can be transferred live to a deaf worker and the system turns the call into a VRS call automatically on the fly. The result is that deaf workers no longer have to live in a parallel world when it comes to office communications.

We're working very hard not to be the "old way" but instead to push the envelope and the state of the art well beyond anyone else in the field.

Ouch! i'm sorry if you don't like what i sayin (old way) but i can trying to see nextalk that add to any new features then but Plz forgive meh :)

I use NexTalk sometime and it even have recieve fax feature. I wish I could send fax with it thou.

Hey Todd if you still come back to read this

Does this NexTalk Omniphone Netbook have send and recieve fax capiabliy? Also I looked around on your website to find info on this Omniphone Netbook but didn't see one. Got a web link for it yet? Is Software downloadable if one already own a netbook?

Thank you

You're missing my point, I am currently using Nextalk 7.0 software installed on my computer and I like to keep it that way. I am a loyal user for VP-200 and Nextalk 7.0 for TTY purpose only!

Most of the time when I place a call on TTY, the user will pick up the phone but I don't see any incoming message ... just nothing. Windows firewall is disabled, Aero theme is disabled, and I even port forwarded 2590 (I think that's what I got from Nextalk website..) on Netgear WGR614; it didn't work. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's just annoying. I use TTY for one purpose - evidence for court purpose and other purpose as well. But with Video Phones, there are no evidence to vouch for court reason, but with TTY - there is. I can print out the conversation and bring it to court with ease.

Yep.

Two different websites are same one company???

I can see two different website net and com.
I am asking you if same company in two different website?
Sample
www.nextalk.net
www.nextalk.com
See net and com. Two different websites is same in one company?

I applaud Todd for coming and explaining Nextalk

Thanks Todd

Netbook is not the way to go and is not a popular trend. netbook trend will tank after iPads are in hands of customers next month or so. I don't buy Purple's netbook because it has P3 installed. I just want to download the software and run it on a laptop (macbook pro preferred! as pc laptop sucks!)
or desktop computer.

now that ZVRS has released software that is available for both platform great! Same as Sprint's. The hold out vrs are Viable, Purple, Nextalk (that's you!) Convo users only need iChat but they are developing for Windows (but why don't they use AIM? )

You need to include mac support. I do not want to use boot camp to run windows to run just nextalk.

I have told NXI (long before the spinoff )that their software is portable to mac os x but they said they don't have resources. bullcrap!
Mac Dev Center: Porting to Mac OS X from Windows Win32 API

There used to be TTY software for mac back in 2001 but shut down after 5 yrs because of the growth of IP Relay provider (before VRS become too common) It was called SoftTTY
http://www.trudysuggs.com/2001/04/01/tty software-finally available-for mac/ (I was beta tester for couple years before finally commercial product)

Purple's IP-Relay has released iPhone app that let you make text relay calls. Sorenson released a app that let you view the videos from video center.

NXI has been window centric for years! No single trace of software for mac or iphone or anything beside windows!

Deaf Mac users are growing...

Back