Tigger touched 13 year old girl's breast

tekkmortal

Reaction score
Former Disney Character Rejects Plea Agreement
POSTED: 11:46 am EDT August 2, 2004
UPDATED: 12:16 pm EDT August 2, 2004

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A Walt Disney World worker accused of touching a 13-year-old girl's breast while dressed in his Tigger costume at the Magic Kingdom rejected a plea agreement Monday that would have spared him prison time.

Prosecutor William Jay offered 36-year-old Michael Chartrand one year of probation and 50 hours of community service if he accepted the plea agreement for misdemeanor battery. Under the terms, Chartrand also would have been banned from theme parks and required to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation.

But Chartrand, who is charged with the second-degree felony of lewd and lascivious molestation and first-degree misdemeanor battery, rejected the offer. He could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted.

His attorney, Jeffrey Kaufman, didn't comment after the decision.

Chartrand was accused of touching the girl's breast while he posed for a picture with her and her mother last February at Mickey's Toon Town in the Magic Kingdom. After his arrest in April, other women filed complaints alleging the same conduct.

Disney suspended Chartrand without pay. A Disney lawyer recently suggested that the orange Tigger costume be dyed black or white and its ears removed if it is introduced as evidence at the trial, which began Monday.

Kaufman, who also works part-time as a costumed character at Disney, said he expected jurors to handle the costume so they can see how difficult it would be to grope somebody inside the bulky outfit.

Circuit Judge Bob Wattles agreed to allow 20 pictures of Chartrand, supposedly in costume, posing with Disney World visitors that Chartrand turned over to detectives. Kaufman objected to the use of the images, saying "a lot of those pictures aren't of my client."

But Jay said the images were important to refute likely defense arguments that the touching was accidental and that the girl's family wants a conviction to pursue a civil case against Disney.

"We're supposed to believe he doesn't know where his hands are and has no body control," Jay said before a jury was selected.

:roll: OH LORD! and i have been hugged and touched everywhere and this is so lucrious, as far as im concerned the charge should be dropped tigger touched mine too and that gloved hand rested on the shoulder but the tips of the glove is right on my breast he shure didn't fondle me or any sorts to a point where i would file charges on that dude this is ridclous, Seriously its gotten to a point where we have to alter alll the character's gloves so they would know where they touched the little kids the toddlers and what have u i think thats pretty much pushing it ! if its padded u shure wouldn't know where ur touching anyhow!

if the evidence proves that "Tigger" actually did touch the girl's breast then throw him into a cage and throw out the key!!!! i dont think probation is the way to go without any prison time -- its stupid!

Java -- even with the "paws" being a bit larger, the person CAN have sufficient room to move their hand further into the "paw" area of the costume and cop a feel! which is a big :nono: in my book!

People, it didn't say he fondled with the breast, just that he posted in pictures with the paw on her breast. I firmly believe that he can't possibily know where the paw was just resting over someone's shoulder and whoops it happened to be the breast, unbeknowest to him.

Just this weekend, I went to a thrift store and a kid in a shopping cart fondled my left breast as I passed by, of course I was appalled and said "NO!" What was I supposed to do, sue the parents for letting their kid do that?

Lol, Beowulf!

This case has the look and smell of a frivilous lawsuit! In my opinion, of course....

Haha, no it was really a kid. Parents need to teach their kids better manners. *Tsk*

That's not an easy thing to make rash decisions about whether he did fondle that girl -- like others said, it wasn't possible for a man to know exactly where his hands were when in a costume that's heavy and padded. But again, who knows...just have to wait until he's been to trial and jury decides.

Update on this case.

A Walt Disney World worker who was acquitted of charges he fondled a 13 year old girl while dressed as Tigger says he wants to return to work, but not as a Disney character.
Wednesday's acquittal came less than an hour following a three-day trial during which the defense attorney for Michael Chartrand donned a Tigger costume in an effort to show jurors how difficult it is to maneuver and see in
the outfit.
Outside court, Chartrand, a 36 year old native of England who lost his fiancee and had been suspended without pay after his arrest, said he'd like his job back, but that the experience "has ruined my dream to be a character".
Disney spokeman Bill Warren said "We can have a conversation with him, but at this point we really dont have a comment".
Jurors found Chartrand not quilty of lewd and lascivious molestation, a felony,
he had faced up to 15 years in prison if convicted. He was accused of fondling the girl while posing for a photo with her and her mother.
Earlier this week, Chartrand rejected a plea offer that would have given him
probation.
Prosecutor Will Jay and members of the girl's family left court without commenting.
During closing arguments earlier Wednesday, defense attorny Jeffrey Kaufman--who also moonlights as Tigger and Goofy at Walt Disney World--first strapped on Tigger's tail and then put on a neck cloth, the enormous orange and black striped head, and two large orange mitts to show jurors how the costume limits peripheral vision and arm movements.
Jurors said the tactic had no effect on their decision. "There was no evidence to convict", juror Zach Kauffman said. "They couldnt even prove who was behind the Tigger mask".
Kaufman has contended that the girl's mother was merely after money and planned to sue Disney. The mother also claimed Tigger touched her breast during the visit to Disney World last February, although no criminal charges followed her allegation.
Under questioning from Kaufman, the mother conceded that she had met with a lawyer about the case. But asked if she thought she could make a lot of money from Disney, she told Kaufman, "No, I didnt."

So what do you think?
I think she wanted money period!

Yeah, she probably wanted money. That's what people are after these days. If a woman at works complains about a cramp in her neck and you gently squeeze it... sexual harrasment! :eek:

VamPyroX said:
Yeah, she probably wanted money. That's what people are after these days. If a woman at works complains about a cramp in her neck and you gently squeeze it... sexual harrasment! :eek:

Yep its a sad fact! gotta be careful these days, fellas! lol!

javapride said:
:roll: OH LORD! and i have been hugged and touched everywhere and this is so lucrious, as far as im concerned the charge should be dropped tigger touched mine too and that gloved hand rested on the shoulder but the tips of the glove is right on my breast he shure didn't fondle me or any sorts to a point where i would file charges on that dude this is ridclous, Seriously its gotten to a point where we have to alter alll the character's gloves so they would know where they touched the little kids the toddlers and what have u i think thats pretty much pushing it ! if its padded u shure wouldn't know where ur touching anyhow!

I agree with you, Java. This case is actually a repeat. This same guy ( I believe it was the same guy), was charged with fondling a girl's breast, and there was a trial. The guy was aquitted!

:roll: This is SO dumb.

obvouisly means MOTHER wants $$$ not for her daughter.. Mother means suing to Disney for MONEY.. *sheesh* making looking bad repluation for her daughter... I bet Daughter gulliable w/her mother's request suing for Disney and turns it out FOOL!

Disney is quite GOOD money of course but always provide for best children needs enteriment. :)

Not Right

I have a lot of friends and family who works at Disaney and if she sues Disaney it will have an effect on the people who work there. Disaney is very strict about their policys and their reputation so I am sure that if there is a problem with an employee then he will be dealt with by Disaney. I dont think it is fair to take it out on everyone. That is why are economy is thriving...money hungry people like her. Besides they dont have a/c in those suits and it is 90 outside so I am sure that a 13 year old who probably doesnt have that much to offer anyways is the least of his worries :madfawk:

if her mother's pissed about her daugther's breast felt by tigger, at least she should just not GO to disney anymore..what's so hard about that one?

I'm pretty sure tigger didn't do it on purose although they are in public...DUH.

Back