IP address for VP-200

VenomLugz

Reaction score
when i went to setting then ip address setting. I click edit and it won't let me cause there's code access that I can't get in.

I need to change a new ip address and I can get my view to my friend view.

anyone have idea about code access?

when i went to setting then ip address setting. I click edit and it won't let me cause there's code access that I can't get in.

I need to change a new ip address and I can get my view to my friend view.

anyone have idea about code access?

Only way to access these configuration is to do a hard reset to the box.. there is small hole under the vp200 and press and hold for about 10 seconds.. It will take you back to configure mode.. Just select "use existing account" then it will ask for IP and stuff.

Don't do it if you do not know the password for your account.. If you dont, you can reset the password in screen where the # is posted.

you are awesome! thank you very much! but by the way, I have a problem because I still cannot see View to View.. how can I fix it? Please let me know

I think the VP 200 configurations have been locked by SVRS to avoid the mess up. That might have caused the reason.

you are awesome! thank you very much! but by the way, I have a problem because I still cannot see View to View.. how can I fix it? Please let me know

Can you clarify? Do you mean you are getting black screen from other end? If so, you need to set up your router to forward the ports to your VP.. The most easiest way is to enable DMZ for VP's IP address.

I think the VP 200 configurations have been locked by SVRS to avoid the mess up. That might have caused the reason.

That may be, but very bad move. Sorenson should have used "warning" message and let user the option to continue or cancel the IP configure screen. By locking everyone out including certain users with special configurations like my work's VP is BAD...

That may be, but very bad move. Sorenson should have used "warning" message and let user the option to continue or cancel the IP configure screen. By locking everyone out including certain users with special configurations like my work's VP is BAD...

Why's bad?

Why's bad?

My work network is a little unusual setup. DHCP is on main router but the internet is restricted - and must use proxy.. Since VP doesnt have proxy support and I had to order cable modem and "bridge" to the existing network.. The 2nd router (internet) has DHCP turned off since main router is already broadcasting them, so i have to set up VP as static IP using normal 10.x.x.x IP but using DIFFERENT gateway (2nd router).

You would ask WHY do this? i have more than 2 VP phones and I use VP200 to connect to other co-worker Webcam within corp.. Now, if I want to make call to internal VP, I must change the gateway to 1st router IP.. Now with this VP200 IP configuration screen locked, it make it MUCH more hassle and take more time to do HARD reset to go into factory mode to re-enter every configurations again with different gateway IP.

Also, Sorenson DOES NOT CONTROL my NETWORK!! Therefore they SHOULD not LOCK the screen - they are not my IT Administrator.. not even Sorenson Installer (trainer) know how to do this - he was confused!!!

Hope that answers your question..

Now Sorenson, please unlock my VP!

My work network is a little unusual setup. DHCP is on main router but the internet is restricted - and must use proxy.. Since VP doesnt have proxy support and I had to order cable modem and "bridge" to the existing network.. The 2nd router (internet) has DHCP turned off since main router is already broadcasting them, so i have to set up VP as static IP using normal 10.x.x.x IP but using DIFFERENT gateway (2nd router).

You would ask WHY do this? i have more than 2 VP phones and I use VP200 to connect to other co-worker Webcam within corp.. Now, if I want to make call to internal VP, I must change the gateway to 1st router IP.. Now with this VP200 IP configuration screen locked, it make it MUCH more hassle and take more time to do HARD reset to go into factory mode to re-enter every configurations again with different gateway IP.

Also, Sorenson DOES NOT CONTROL my NETWORK!! Therefore they SHOULD not LOCK the screen - they are not my IT Administrator.. not even Sorenson Installer (trainer) know how to do this - he was confused!!!

Hope that answers your question..

Now Sorenson, please unlock my VP!

I agree that.

Now I understand.... I think you guys need to file a complaint to the company and make them realise, everyone needs to configure their VP's. They should've known that they are giving them hard time.

Boy, I am starting to realise that I am helping others on alldeaf.com about the trouble of their VP's since I don't have one, and I am from Australia. Prehaps, I should set up a company in Australia for VRS, LOL! :lol:

Now I understand.... I think you guys need to file a complaint to the company and make them realise, everyone needs to configure their VP's. They should've known that they are giving them hard time.

Boy, I am starting to realise that I am helping others on alldeaf.com about the trouble of their VP's since I don't have one, and I am from Australia. Prehaps, I should set up a company in Australia for VRS, LOL! :lol:

I know that Sorenson refused them to need configuration. Customers always contact technical support to ask premisson for needing configure. They will give passcode number to them to change it once.

I know that Sorenson refused them to need configuration. Customers always contact technical support to ask premisson for needing configure. They will give passcode number to them to change it once.

That gives everyone a lot of frustration if the VP keeps repeating like that few times, the deafies can easily give up VP 200, why did they lock it at the first place?

That gives everyone a lot of frustration if the VP keeps repeating like that few times, the deafies can easily give up VP 200, why did they lock it at the first place?

I know that. Some customers' network configuration were messy. Sorenson changed updated software for locking system. I dislike it. I was boring to contact tech support to need passcode again.

I know that. Some customers' network configuration were messy. Sorenson changed updated software for locking system. I dislike it. I was boring to contact tech support to need passcode again.

Since when they locked this rule?

Yeah, David - I am aware of that thread, I saw it the other week, I wasn't surprised to see that it has locked, since it would have messed up their business. But what if some people don't use SVRS or whatnot? There is plenty of different VRS, if your VP-200 gets locked and you can't be bothered to call Sorenson help to get the passcode EVERY time you get stuck? Frustrations calls you

Back