Icon for my posts has disappeared???

I noticed that my subscribed threads are all gone, including the ones I have replied to in the last few minutes. Going to check my settings....Back. My settings have been changed to "no subscriptions" from "no emails subscriptions" I had before. Last week I was suddenly getting emails from all of my subscribed threads, also without warning. Very odd.
you mean the whole list gone? or the preferences had changed itself?

Bugger, oh well not the end of the world, just have to post some more and build it back up :)

I didn't even know about them until my email began to fill with threads I supposedly subscribed. I don't know how to subscribe to a thread.

So our spooky forum has subscribed me by itself. :shock:

I think, at the outset, thread subscriptions were automatic, email notification of threads you responded to was voluntary. So, what I have done was to turn off both. Now I do not carry threads nor do I get email notification when I respond to any thread. My cupboard is bare! :lol: What good is lugging around all of the threads in my CP Controls? For future reference? If there are good reasons for keeping Thread Subsciption, I guess I don't mind since, unbeknownst to this tech dummy, my computer wasn't complaining. But I don't need email notification of anything I respond to because I am here enough, usually, to not get too lost, :lol: Am I making any sense? Jiro posted somewhere an exact, step by step process to assist us which is how I managed to do the above.....

I think, at the outset, thread subscriptions were automatic, email notification of threads you responded to was voluntary. So, what I have done was to turn off both. Now I do not carry threads nor do I get email notification when I respond to any thread. My cupboard is bare! :lol: What good is lugging around all of the threads in my CP Controls? For future reference? If there are good reasons for keeping Thread Subsciption, I guess I don't mind since, unbeknownst to this tech dummy, my computer wasn't complaining. But I don't need email notification of anything I respond to because I am here enough, usually, to not get too lost, :lol: Am I making any sense? Jiro posted somewhere an exact, step by step process to assist us which is how I managed to do the above.....

Lots of sense. I am going to try to set those again.

The worst thing is no warning, I could have taken a screenshot of the subscriptions and added them back.

The worst thing is no warning, I could have taken a screenshot of the subscriptions and added them back.
that. it seems every time this forum is being 'fixed', this person have failed to back up the server.

except to lose one more ADer.

that. it seems every time this forum is being 'fixed', this person have failed to back up the server.

except to lose one more ADer.

Awww, come on, Freckles, he's only human......

MODS:

Can you please merge my two threads of the same title together? I thought one was "missing" but it wasn't.

MODS:

Can you please merge my two threads of the same title together? I thought one was "missing" but it wasn't.

Mod Note: Thread's merged.

It is the same for me too, subscribed threads have been cleared out too, even thought I had sent notification email off for subscribed threads.

I also manage web sites and I always have a backup and local mirror. Any changes are made off-line and tested before going to the live server.

Mod Note: Thread's merged.

It is the same for me too, subscribed threads have been cleared out too, even thought I had sent notification email off for subscribed threads.

:ty:

Back