How long do u get to know that person before become boyfriend or girlfriend....

I would rather get to know them for at least a month (after dating frequently) before deciding whether we want to get serious.

I've seen some people who suddenly become boyfriend/girlfriend after one or two dates altogether. I even know some people who suddenly become boyfriend/girlfriend after one drives halfway across the state to see the other for the first time. :roll:

I would rather get to know them for at least a month (after dating frequently) before deciding whether we want to get serious.

I've seen some people who suddenly become boyfriend/girlfriend after one or two dates altogether. I even know some people who suddenly become boyfriend/girlfriend after one drives halfway across the state to see the other for the first time. :roll:

and noticed that several said he/she is my new boyfriend/girlfriend after meeting each other like 2 weeks or whatever via internet but never meet in person?? :eek3:

so it is their business and i wish them best! :)

I would get to know them for maybe a year or a couple of months. More like 7 or 8 months. I known my crush from our 8th grade summer band camp last year for a few weeks, and then i got to know him through Honor band for about 3 months now and we're keeping in touch by IM. :)

So no one here believes in the "love at first sight concept?"

it still exists. But for it to be mutual is a different story altogether.

When i saw Megan Fox in transformers it was love at first sight but i doubt she'd feel the same way *smirk*

There was a couple I know who dated for about five years before they got married. They knew each other for a long time before they even dated. They were divorced within a year.

Another couple met online..."dated" for about three months. Met one time and got married. I was like, "Whoa." But they have been married for seven years...and are the happiest couple I've ever seen in my life.

Goes to show. Never know what might happen. I guess I'm a romantic-freak. I still believe in "soulmates" - that there's one right person for every one.

One month is good enough for me. To be honest, I don't see friendships and dating as being very much different. Dating is more purposeful in the friendship. I don't say yes to guys unless I think the friendship will last more than 6 months. You meet so many people in your life (at least I do), but not all of them become your friend. I am mature and purposeful in how I relate to people that I do not ruin friendships with guys by dating them. However I've only dated two guys so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

in my situation.. I met a deaf guy and he and I met and started to hang out every day and he said i'm his girlfriend but somehow down the road i started to realize he became controlling and telling me i should be with him every day and I felt overwheled with everything and I hate to admit but I got tired of seeing him every day so today was good day to be on my own I think some deaf people doesn't understand when need a break to do stuff on their own... blah oh well I'll see what happens next ;)

Well.....

It varies from couples to couples. Some might take 6 months, some might take it up to a year to decide to move on to the next level. It is all about taking it at their pace, if they wish to do so. The best thing to do that is to go with the flow and see where the chips falls at.

As for me, I don't rush into anything quickly. I'd rather get to know the guy as long as it takes until I feel it is ready to see where it goes.

It varies for each couple to determine when to take it to the next level. Six months sounds like good timing to take it to the level.

Well.....

It varies from couples to couples. Some might take 6 months, some might take it up to a year to decide to move on to the next level. It is all about taking it at their pace, if they wish to do so. The best thing to do that is to go with the flow and see where the chips falls at.

As for me, I don't rush into anything quickly. I'd rather get to know the guy as long as it takes until I feel it is ready to see where it goes.
I've seen a lot of unusual relationships.

I knew a gal who met a guy online, then met him in person a few weeks later. They immediately become boyfriend/girlfriend during that first meeting. Of course, it didn't work out... a few years too late. :roll:

I knew a gal who talks about guys she prefers and guys she refuses to date. Then she meets a guy (who matches her no-no description) and goes in a relationship with him. She ends up getting abused and starts asking for pity when everyone knows that she knew about that guy's history in the first place.

I knew a few gals who knew about one guy's history of knocking women up. Yet, they go after him and get knocked up themselves. Who's to blame?

There are many more... just too sudden without thinking. :roll:

I suggest you to do a weekend getaway to see how serious the relationship.

It's a good way to get to know each other and see what each one is capable of.

I found out that I was capable of doing 10 different positions.

I've seen a lot of unusual relationships.

I knew a gal who met a guy online, then met him in person a few weeks later. They immediately become boyfriend/girlfriend during that first meeting. Of course, it didn't work out... a few years too late. :roll:

I knew a gal who talks about guys she prefers and guys she refuses to date. Then she meets a guy (who matches her no-no description) and goes in a relationship with him. She ends up getting abused and starts asking for pity when everyone knows that she knew about that guy's history in the first place.

I knew a few gals who knew about one guy's history of knocking women up. Yet, they go after him and get knocked up themselves. Who's to blame?

There are many more... just too sudden without thinking. :roll:

Yeah, That's the problem when it comes to some people. They are inclined to take things quickly (or rather, being "blind") not to see the whole package.

I, too, have seen some unusual relationships. I knew of a girl who was dating her boyfriend at the time. They were always breaking up and getting back together on and off constantly. The worst thing was, when they were in a bad quarrel, the boyfriend stabbed the puppy more than 20 times (of course the puppy was killed instantly) and stabbed her hand with a knife. To this day, they are still together and married. I just didn't get it when I learned the girl continue to remain with him.

Well.....

True i agree with you It's not easy to get know each this person before start trust person or not

Me and my husband met each other 3 weeks before date. We both agreed to get a date. We likes each other and felt a true LOVE. We dated for 3 weeks later we went out together. We are still together for almost 5 years. We got married since 3 months ago. We are happy together and true LOVE! I am glad that I found a right man from God answered my pray. We have a great communicate, trusthworth and passion. We had a soulmate since we were kid. It's so funny! We both are in common and perfect match.

Yeah, That's the problem when it comes to some people. They are inclined to take things quickly (or rather, being "blind") not to see the whole package.

I, too, have seen some unusual relationships. I knew of a girl who was dating her boyfriend at the time. They were always breaking up and getting back together on and off constantly. The worst thing was, when they were in a bad quarrel, the boyfriend stabbed the puppy more than 20 times (of course the puppy was killed instantly) and stabbed her hand with a knife. To this day, they are still together and married. I just didn't get it when I learned the girl continue to remain with him.

Friction, Jo, friction! :lol:

Let's say for example, "I want you to become my boyfriend". And he was like "Whoa, wait a min, that's too fast, I barely know you for like a month now, I want to get to know you more for one year and see what happens".

Some people who date for like one week or so. Then quickly become boyfriend or girlfriend but you don't know her or him that well yet.

As for me, I'd rather to get to know that person first for like 6 month or 1 yrs. It depends and see how that goes. I'd rather be friend first then date then boyfriend. and importantly is communicate and develop feeling, If you know what I mean.

How long have you known that person before become boyfriend or girlfriend.

Peace

I just tell her "ask me when I make it to the grave cave" :D

Let's say for example, "I want you to become my boyfriend". And he was like "Whoa, wait a min, that's too fast, I barely know you for like a month now, I want to get to know you more for one year and see what happens".

Some people who date for like one week or so. Then quickly become boyfriend or girlfriend but you don't know her or him that well yet.

As for me, I'd rather to get to know that person first for like 6 month or 1 yrs. It depends and see how that goes. I'd rather be friend first then date then boyfriend. and importantly is communicate and develop feeling, If you know what I mean.

How long have you known that person before become boyfriend or girlfriend.

Peace

Honest, depends on.. who does care about the relationship and can be wait for first a date, then... But, another want right NOW!!!
I rather first date and how is work with us as relationship.
you don't know rather you like it or not in next day.

Back