Europe

Solo Cup

Reaction score
Who live in Europe or ever you went there for your tour?!?

Have lived in Germany for 5 months in 1996 and have been to Europe 4 times after that, 1997, 1997-98, 1999 and 1999-2000.

Originally posted by kuifje75
Have lived in Germany for 5 months in 1996 and have been to Europe 4 times after that, 1997, 1997-98, 1999 and 1999-2000.

really? gain your experience when you lived in Germany and used to around in Europe? you love it?? tell me some of your experience.

today, i went to bookstore and bought a book about London. EVERYTHING in the book.. even a real map for tourist..its on sale..1.75..supposed to be 13 dollars..

I went to West Germany (before the wall came down) and France back around....1983 to 1984. Can't remember exactly. All I know was I liked Germany better than France. LOL. I would like to go back again in the future.

Originally posted by prostock19
I went to West Germany (before the wall came down) and France back around....1983 to 1984. Can't remember exactly. All I know was I liked Germany better than France. LOL. I would like to go back again in the future.

really?? Wall Berlin is very emontail to watch on the tv!

why you like Germany intead France??

Here I have used lived in Europe, Ukraine (former USSR) all my childhood been in Warsaw, Poland, 3 times, now I am in USA for 4 years, would like to travel back in Europe someday.

Originally posted by TommyGirl
Here I have used lived in Europe, Ukraine (former USSR) all my childhood been in Warsaw, Poland, 3 times, now I am in USA for 4 years, would like to travel back in Europe someday.

really? my friend take a risk to fly to europe from california..by herself..she say..some of area in europe is almost same from american..but mostly, not..

she met a guy over there and now, they lived in autrilaia..(sp?)

Wow, you have very good written English. How long have you studied English??

Originally posted by Jughead
really? my friend take a risk to fly to europe from california..by herself..she say..some of area in europe is almost same from american..but mostly, not..

she met a guy over there and now, they lived in autrilaia..(sp?)

Australia :)

Yeah, I landed here from Moscow, Russia, by myself I don't mind to fly back again alone

really?? Wall Berlin is very emontail to watch on the tv!

why you like Germany intead France??
Mostly, the attitude of the people. In Paris, people seemed very stuck up and stuff. Germany, people were alot nicer and more respectful.

really? gain your experience when you lived in Germany and used to around in Europe? you love it?? tell me some of your experience.

today, i went to bookstore and bought a book about London. EVERYTHING in the book.. even a real map for tourist..its on sale..1.75..supposed to be 13 dollars..

Oh yes, definitely, it changed my life so much. I think it helped me to broaden my "Weltanschauung." I don't know how to explain this word, but it means view on the world, how you perceive it and so on. I have been to England, France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Austria and Czech Republic. Each country has their own unique characters and really was cool to learn about!

As for the deaf ppl, I prefered France best of all. They were much more expressive in sign language and very friendly. In Germany, the deaf were more orally-geared. It was sometimes difficult to communicate with them.

I love and miss Europe very much, wish I could just drop everything here and move to there! People tend to do more sports, have their lives geared outside the home in the public (instead of staying home all day in front of the telly) and so on. I miss Germany, because the ppl there were just too crazy! I laughed so much when I was in Germany.

Australia :)

Yeah, I landed here from Moscow, Russia, by myself I don't mind to fly back again alone

when you went by yourself...how it lead you at first?

Mostly, the attitude of the people. In Paris, people seemed very stuck up and stuff. Germany, people were alot nicer and more respectful.

I don't agree with you. I love the French and thought that the Germans were very reserved and "cool" until when you got to know the Germans better.

I remember seeing East Germany after the Berlin Wall fell down. It was a huge construction zone, cranes everywhere and I remember the Berlin Wall... here's a pix of me with my good friend Doris next to the wall...

Wow, you have very good written English. How long have you studied English??

:lol: thanks!
I know, at my work my boss said they are amazed and impressed with my English. I have studied it before came here but yet sign language when I am here met some deaf ppl I talked with them by writting they told me there is some books of ASL in Library I did, and met my husband who taught me signs also watched him and his older brother (is deaf too) talking by sign :D

I don't agree with you. I love the French and thought that the Germans were very reserved and "cool" until when you got to know the Germans better.

I remember seeing East Germany after the Berlin Wall fell down. It was a huge construction zone, cranes everywhere and I remember the Berlin Wall... here's a pix of me with my good friend Doris next to the wall...
Look at the time difference. I was there like 10 years before you. Also, I was only in Paris...so maybe if I saw more of france, I would have liked it.

Look at the time difference. I was there like 10 years before you. Also, I was only in Paris...so maybe if I saw more of france, I would have liked it.

No offense to you, of course, I was just disagreeing with you. A lot of Americans today still think French ppl are snooty and all, but I don't agree at all, I just don't see that way. :dunno:

when you went by yourself...how it lead you at first?

:dunno: not remmy but would say I wasn't worrying at all I know English well can read and write to talk with. When I landed in Seattle customer knew sign I didn't I told her by writting Sorry ofc, I'm deaf but not know any sign only write, pls, she was pleased to write and helpful.

Oh yes, definitely, it changed my life so much. I think it helped me to broaden my "Weltanschauung." I don't know how to explain this word, but it means view on the world, how you perceive it and so on. I have been to England, France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Austria and Czech Republic. Each country has their own unique characters and really was cool to learn about!

As for the deaf ppl, I prefered France best of all. They were much more expressive in sign language and very friendly. In Germany, the deaf were more orally-geared. It was sometimes difficult to communicate with them.

I love and miss Europe very much, wish I could just drop everything here and move to there! People tend to do more sports, have their lives geared outside the home in the public (instead of staying home all day in front of the telly) and so on. I miss Germany, because the ppl there were just too crazy! I laughed so much when I was in Germany.

wow...you can PM me and tell me SOME MORE! this summer, im planning to packbacking with my friend but one problem is, if her roommate's hubby coming back from LV..FORGET IT...im taking a risk to go to europe this summer..by myself..do you think its worth it even i dont know ANYONE in europe or other countires near to europe..

ahh, i noticed american always staying home a lot or whatever..in long time ago, i always see too many people around at the park..now, i see only few people is around at the park..more birds is around...ohh yeahh, i need "Weltanschauung"..!! so, how do you feel RIGHT AFTER you leave the country to usa?

Back