Europe

Originally posted by Jughead
Who live in Europe or ever you went there for your tour?!?

Are u thinking a visit in Europe one day?

If you want, I can put you in connection with some folks in Europe. Maybe you can meet with some folks and they can guide you around. If not, that's ok. Going solo, if you are a girl, is a bit risky, but Europe is generally very safe. If you have street smarts and all, then you should be fine. London is pretty safe. Maybe you can PM Waz, 'cos he's in England. Maybe he can give you some information on deaf events in London that you could go to. English ppl tend to love to go pub crawling and party hard, so beware! ha ha ha

how much money to carry with myself to europe?

my friend have a risk to go to europe with about 1,000

i find a good price flight...256 dollars one trip LA to europe

I don't recommend to bring a lot of money on you. Better to bring traveller's cheques (if you lose it, it can be replaced) or ATM card that you use on machines. ATM will help you to get better exchange rate on money than changing money at a currency exchange bureau. In the past, I have always used my ATM card.

how much money to carry with myself to europe?

my friend have a risk to go to europe with about 1,000

i find a good price flight...256 dollars one trip LA to europe

Cheap trip! Good!

1,000 dollars for UKRaine and Russia, pretty much ;) but Germany, France and UK :dunno:

Originally posted by kuifje75
If you want, I can put you in connection with some folks in Europe. Maybe you can meet with some folks and they can guide you around. If not, that's ok. Going solo, if you are a girl, is a bit risky, but Europe is generally very safe. If you have street smarts and all, then you should be fine. London is pretty safe. Maybe you can PM Waz, 'cos he's in England. Maybe he can give you some information on deaf events in London that you could go to. English ppl tend to love to go pub crawling and party hard, so beware! ha ha ha

ohh! i would love to do anything fun. yes, im girl. im too idependent. im still reseach about europe.. ohh yes yes, i would love if you can introduce me to some of deaf people who live over there...

I don't recommend to bring a lot of money on you. Better to bring traveller's cheques (if you lose it, it can be replaced) or ATM card that you use on machines. ATM will help you to get better exchange rate on money than changing money at a currency exchange bureau. In the past, I have always used my ATM card.

yeah, i dont like to have cash with myself...i heard they have a high taxes?

ohh! i would love to do anything fun. yes, im girl. im too idependent. im still reseach about europe.. ohh yes yes, i would love if you can introduce me to some of deaf people who live over there...

Talked about that in the PM ;)

You asked me... how do you feel RIGHT AFTER you leave the country to usa?

I really felt that I was a changed person, and view USA very differently now. I hate to say this, but I always cry when I return to the USA :laugh2: My friends feel the same, we have this little parties like we're all together knowing that one of us is sad to be back. Anyway... I probably just made 95% of members :madfawk: at me now :laugh2:

Yes, they do have high taxes, called VAT (Value Added Taxes). If you save all receipts of things you bought in Europe, and take it to customs, you can claim your VAT back. It does depend though, like you cannot ask for refund of VAT you paid on restaurant or hotel, etc...

One good thing about Europe is that you don't have to figure out the tax at all. Prices already have taxes included in them. So, if you see a book for 4,99 euros, that is how much you pay for it, no taxes added, since taxes are already in there. On the receipt, it will tell you how much VAT you paid.

Yes, they do have high taxes, called VAT (Value Added Taxes). If you save all receipts of things you bought in Europe, and take it to customs, you can claim your VAT back. It does depend though, like you cannot ask for refund of VAT you paid on restaurant or hotel, etc...

One good thing about Europe is that you don't have to figure out the tax at all. Prices already have taxes included in them. So, if you see a book for 4,99 euros, that is how much you pay for it, no taxes added, since taxes are already in there. On the receipt, it will tell you how much VAT you paid.

sure, lets talk via PM.

At Moscow, Russia, Sheremetevo II, international Airport, there may be pockertheft u wouldn't feel at all they are good! and sometimes ppl may step on face to face and ask for ur money or (whatever they said) also Taxi person drove u there and asks u or drop u off wrong place if u wouldnt give them. Some friends got happened that is all I heard. Too in Ukraine. :(

Thefts do exist in Europe, but they do also exist here in the US. Like I said, if you have street smarts, then you should be fine.
London, Paris, Germany are generally safe, but if you go to Italy, watch out for kids trying to steal money from you, or vendors trying to switch boxes on you. You can always get an inside pouch to put under your shirt, so that it is harder to steal from you.

Thefts do exist in Europe, but they do also exist here in the US. Like I said, if you have street smarts, then you should be fine.
London, Paris, Germany are generally safe, but if you go to Italy, watch out for kids trying to steal money from you, or vendors trying to switch boxes on you. You can always get an inside pouch to put under your shirt, so that it is harder to steal from you.

:shock: in Italy, Kids?! I an't dreaming to go in Italy but UK, Germany, France and Switzerland would love to.

Not Italian kids, but Gypsy kids.
I remember when I was in Firenze, we were approached by kids waving newspapers at us and other tourists. But we knew better, we said "basta!" and made sure nothing was stolen.
Italy is very beautiful and worthy to visit, just be careful, that's all!

guess i have to put it inside of my bra so they cant steal it from me? lol. g2g.

guess i have to put it inside of my bra so they cant steal it from me? lol. g2g.

:lol: there is special wallet/pocket hold on ur chest, my husband has one when he flew in Amsterdam, Holland last Winter 2002/2003 it is comfortable, not only money also ur passport and some documents

Re: Re: Europe

Originally posted by TommyGirl
Are u thinking a visit in Europe one day?
LA LA LA, Yes i hope i will visit in europe someday.. i would travel in europe borders for few days than one day!! heh heh....:thumb:

ah I haven't been to europe or paris yet :roll: oh well one day if I ever will :laugh2:

Re: Re: Re: Europe

Originally posted by ckfarbes
LA LA LA, Yes i hope i will visit in europe someday.. i would travel in europe borders for few days than one day!! heh heh....:thumb:

One day doesnt mean been there for ONE day I said one day as someday :roll:

Back