How many percent of deaf people are born mute (without vocal cords)?

was gonna say that there's no correlation between true mute (no vocal chords) and deafness. Nada.

Speaking of the devil...my brother went to a car shop yesteday to bawl them out for trying to rip him off (long story). He wrote, "Yes, I may be deaf and mute but I am not dumb" and showed them the cost he was charged by the 2nd opinion (only $320 as opposed to their $900 charge) and started screaming "MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"

I am sure the people there were scratching their heads to why he identified himself as mute when he could use his voice like that.

:lol:

He's been lucky in the sense that most people that he works with or know him are all understanding. He lives in Canada, but winters down here. He finds the people in Canada to be much more understanding than here in South Florida. They keep asking what he did to get throat cancer. His response? "I had to suffer through second hand smoke."

You know, I find it very odd that our society has a tendency to always blame the person with the illness for contracting. I find it all the time in my profession. Society tends to think that the person who is ill has done something to cause their own illness.

not necessarily on topic, but i know a pair of twins, a boy and a girl. Born early. Girl has a severe hearing impairment, boy has a paralyzed vocal cord. Just thought I'd mention it. They were preemie, so i suspect there is a higher percent of preemies with deafness and/or vocal cord paralysis.
*EQL*

Back