Confirmation: Captioned Telephone works on iPhone! (Sprint WebCapTel)

Sure! You need an AJAX-compatible browser (not sure about IE in Windows Mobile, but you can download Opera Mini 9.5) and you need to be in an area where there's 3G signals coming from the cell towers.

Can you surf the Internet while doing a cell phone conversation (voice)?

I am not sure. I have never tried it. I will give it a shot and call my sister and try to surf at the same time. :)

Mark Rejhon,

I just purchased an unlocked Blackberry Bold off eBay and it should arrive early next week. Have you tested Webcaptel on the Bold further? Did you get it to work fully yet? I'm itching to get the webcaptel working on the Blackberry Bold.

By the way, for those who are considering the Bold but find it too expensive, you can get as much as 35% off the ebay Buy it Now price of a Blackberry Bold.

Here is how:
Live.com eBay cashback no longer at 30%... down to 25% - SlickDeals.net Forums

Use coupon code for 10% off Paypal purchase CFALLSAVINGS10P (EXPIRES TODAY 10/30)

Mark Rejhon,

I just got a new Blackberry Bold and I tried to test it with Sprint Webcaptel. It doesn't wor and I was wondering if you have any updates about this bug? Would the webcaptel work on the Opera Mini browser? Have you tested that? Let me know. Thanks!

I'll be hitting up the AT&T store shortly to see if I can do a call on the Bold simultaneously while surfing a data connection. Even though the phone has access to AT&T's 3G HSDPA network, I fear that RIM's OS does not have multithreading capabilities, and that means that you can't be both on a call and surfing the 'net at the same time.

Is Sprint's version of Blackberry Storm uses EvDO Rev 0? If so, you may not be able to talk and surf at the same time. I got Samsung Ace from Sprint (Blackjack II from AT&T minus GPU and smaller screen), and Sprint customer service told me I am not able to surf and talk at the same time, so I use my AT&T GoPhone for voice calling (Pay As You Go Unlimited). I chose Pay As You Go instead of Pick Your Plan, as I don't talk a lot on a phone (I have Vonage 500 Basic for $14.99).

With a $50 data plan from Sprint and Pay As You Go from AT&T ($1 access for a day and $0.10/minute), I could substitute $20 for a WebCapTel service, even though it's free.

I'll be hitting up the AT&T store shortly to see if I can do a call on the Bold simultaneously while surfing a data connection. Even though the phone has access to AT&T's 3G HSDPA network, I fear that RIM's OS does not have multithreading capabilities, and that means that you can't be both on a call and surfing the 'net at the same time.

Dennis, thanks for the info. It's interesting info about the multithreading capabilities. Let me know how the testing goes for you. I tested it myself and the browser doesn't seem to load the webcaptel relay screen when you click on Connect.

Back