Man saws off own foot to continue receiving unemployment benefits

rockin'robin

Reaction score
It sounds like the plot of a boring "Saw" film, but it's apparently all too real.

An unemployed Austrian man cut off his own foot with a mitre saw so he could continue receiving jobless benefits.

Hans Url, a 56-year-old from Mitterlabill, then took the foot and cooked it in the oven so doctors could not reattach it.

"The planning was meticulous," Franz Fasching, a police spokesman, told the Daily Mail. " waited until his wife and his adul...ontinue-receiving-unemployment-211222700.html

Goodness gracious. This man needs a mental health assessment ASAP. Something is clearly wrong with him.

Wouldn't it be ironic for him to get benefits because he was found to be mentally unstable?!?!

That's disgusting. :mad: There are plenty of amputees who want to work, not collect unemployment.

I feel that if anybody is crazy enuf to saw off his foot because he doesn't want to work...IS actually crazy! :shock:

I noticed this is in Austria....anyway, is this the height of desperation or what?

I know the guy said he was too sick to work and now it appears that having a foot missing might not be enough to qualify for unemployment compensation.

That's fuckin disgusting.

It does happen in USA so I doubtfully they could try to disable themselves to get welfare or we will be in serious trouble.

What? That's so fucked up! Good lord, he must of really hate working. :lol:

I wouldn't jump into judgement before hearing other side of story.

After reading and he claimed due to his illness. What illness? We need to first ask what kind of job? What kind of illness?

Supposedly, this is just an example if the job offer is mowing the lawn and the illness is Asthma/allergens then that is valid reason for refusing take the job.

There are few jobs out there that I can not handle and will not take if offered. Thank god I had my current job which is just an office work.

I have heard cases where these agencies who provide safety net declined benefit because they aren't sick enough where they are seriously too sick to work.

I wouldn't jump into judgement before hearing other side of story.

After reading and he claimed due to his illness. What illness? We need to first ask what kind of job? What kind of illness?

Supposedly, this is just an example if the job offer is mowing the lawn and the illness is Asthma/allergens then that is valid reason for refusing take the job.

There are few jobs out there that I can not handle and will not take if offered. Thank god I had my current job which is just an office work.

I have heard cases where these agencies who provide safety net declined benefit because they aren't sick enough where they are seriously too sick to work.

Dude, the guy sawed off his foot and put it in his oven and cooked it so it couldn't be re-attached, and then called emergency services. The dude is obviously sick in his mind the effort to continue to avoid any kind of work and receive jobless benefits instead.

Again, this is Austria but it just seems to me that the reason for cutting off his foot would be reason enough for denial of benefits, no?

Again, this is Austria but it just seems to me that the reason for cutting off his foot would be reason enough for denial of benefits, no?

I would think so...since it was self-inflicted. But something this drastic to one's self, seems to show that the man was not playing with a full deck....

Many people who work at a job for 10-20 years, get really aggravated and bored and want a change of career (as I did) at one time....But, no way would I cut off my foot or my hand because I didn't like my job. Feel it's pretty evident this man has mental issues, and hoping he will get some help dealing with them...and if he gets well....he's gonna think...."What the hell did I do to my foot"? :roll:

I would think so...since it was self-inflicted. But something this drastic to one's self, seems to show that the man was not playing with a full deck....

Many people who work at a job for 10-20 years, get really aggravated and bored and want a change of career (as I did) at one time....But, no way would I cut off my foot or my hand because I didn't like my job. Feel it's pretty evident this man has mental issues, and hoping he will get some help dealing with them...and if he gets well....he's gonna think...."What the hell did I do to my foot"? :roll:

I guess ya just tell him his foot's cooked!

Puts a new meaning to the phrase "put one's foot in one's mouth." Maybe a dash of salt would be needed in this instance.

bleh...

Back