Votes: 21 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Don´t know

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
I agree with all of KarissaMann05´s posts.

I support suicide assistance to respect the people´s wish for want to end their long suffering.

No chit, Jiro. If assisted suicide is okay, then people are going to think committed suicide is okay too.

No, you cannot compare assisted suicide with commit suicide because they are total different.

You just don't get it do you? You're giving people permission to decide to have their lives ended at their wishes, it's the same as committing suicide, it does not matter who does it for them. Remember the "Terri Schiavo" story? her husband went to court to get permission to put her to death. It's like playing God.

Terri Schiavo is totally a different story; it's about her personal brain that doctors were not able to do about it since they did try to find a cure for her... it was pretty hard for her and his families. I'm not comfortable with an idea of end their lives because of 'brain dead'.. that point is, I don't know.

I can agree a person, who is not have a 'dead brain', who has a fatal illness that would not have any cure for it. He/she do not want to deal a such pain and suffer of his/her own vile sickness. Elders will not want to bear a such pain, either. But, "Terri Schiavo" story? No, that's different story.

Commit Suicide is part of depression, loneliness, and a such dark view while assisted suicide is not. The assisted suicide issuse is for hospitals and clinics purposes only, it will not teach people to agree it's okay to end their lives if it is about commit suidice.

Assisted Suicide =/= Commit Suicide

PS - If I were you, I rather to not use a religious word.

EDIT: I revised my post because I didnt remember if it was a dead brain or brain problem until someone correct me.

Last edited:
You just don't get it do you? You're giving people permission to decide to have their lives ended at their wishes, it's the same as committing suicide, it does not matter who does it for them. Remember the "Terri Schiavo" story? her husband went to court to get permission to put her to death. It's like playing God.

We (around the world) thank Terri and her family situation for wake us up and that´s why we have new law for Living-Will.

Terri´s husband Michael don´t want to see his wife long suffering as the same as we don´t want to see our pets long suffering. Yes he and Terri´s parents fought to improve Terri´s health for long years but it doesn´t work as what many doctors and experts said so.

Yes, that´s right KarrisaMann.

We (around the world) thank Terri and her family situation for wake us up and that´s why we have new law for Living-Will.

Terri´s husband Michael don´t want to see his wife long suffering as the same as we don´t want to see our pets long suffering. Yes he and Terri´s parents fought to improve Terri´s health for long years but it doesn´t work as what many doctors and experts said so.

Yes, that´s right KarrisaMann.

Living Will? wow your country surely works fast! What's living will? Assisted Suicide?

I think you need to read her story again, She was disable with brain damaged, not in coma, she could breathe on her own only thing she was dependent on a feeding tube. Doctors did recommended therapy, her husband was the one gave it up, He went to court 14 times to put her to death. I really don't want to sucked in a debate about Terri. I know about her because I was there the day she died at the Pinellas Park hospice.

I think you need to read her story again, She was disable with brain damaged, not in coma, she could breathe on her own only thing she was dependent on a feeding tube. Doctors did recommended therapy, her husband was the one gave it up, He went to court 14 times to put her to death. I really don't want to sucked in a debate about Terri. I know about her because I was there the day she died at the Pinellas Park hospice.

Yes I remembered her story.. that's why I was kinda of lost in between of Terri and her husband. I personally don't like an idea of put her to sleep...

Unfortunately, Terri's story is not same as an assisted suicide is.

A living and 'healthy' person, who is have no cure for his/her illness, can have an assisted suicide... whosoever have a coma, brain dead, or others and cannot have an assisted suicide. I meant, how can you tell if a person want to live or not? That's totally different story, again.

Yes I remembered her story.. that's why I was kinda of lost in between of Terri and her husband. I personally don't like an idea of put her to sleep...

:confused: They didn't put her to sleep, Her feeding tube was removed, they starve her to death.

I voted 'other.' Assisted suicide is, in itself, against what I believe in as a religious person. That said, I also believe that religion has no place in the law.

I own my own life, and I believe that everyone else does too. If you wish to take it in a hospital or with a doctor's help instead of using some barbaric at-home method which may fail and leave you suffering.. I do not agree with either option, but I think it's not my place to tell you that it's not your right to die with an ounce of dignity.

So. I don't support it, no. But I absolutely think it should be legal, and without stigma or judgment. I cannot say I would not be tempted with the choice if facing down a painful death- why or how can I judge someone else for the very same thing?

How is it different? same meaning--a person is deciding to terminating his/her own life.

Nope. There are different ones.

commit suicide = self-killing

assisted suicide = help a person to self-killing

terminating a life = put a person to death with or without knowing/making an agreement had made.

Nope. There are different ones.

commit suicide = self-killing

assisted suicide = help a person to self-killing

terminating a life = put a person to death with or without knowing/making an agreement had made.

conf45.gif
I gave up! I repeated myself 3 times already, none of you get it.

This is a delicate subject, but I vote yes because I believe prolonging the life of a terminally ill person is immoral; if a terminally ill person wishes to die then they should have the right to die. It is also best for everyone to remember how the terminally ill person lived prior to getting sick rather than how they suffered.

It's like playing God.

We're not talking about unwillingly and without a living will being taken off life support. We're talking about assisted suicide.. different beef.

but I will bring up the point.. who are you to know/say that G-d wouldn't understand and forgive the choice? Do you have some knowledge of the creator that the rest of us do not?

If people are suffering to a point where they no longer want to suffer, then it's their call.

I imagine it wouldn't be an easy choice but I don't think we should dictate to people that they can't do it.

It's like playing God.

I just (politely) want to point out that putting someone to death using the death penalty is the same thing.

And Jeb Bush should have not gotten involved in Terri's case. It politicized the case.

If people are suffering to a point where they no longer want to suffer, then it's their call.

I imagine it wouldn't be an easy choice but I don't think we should dictate to people that they can't do it.

yeah, i agree with ya there, its called freedom of making our own choices.

Slightly off topic, thats exactly what is 'disabled' means - that is when having other people decide how you to live, and when to let you die. but then again, different 'camps' of disability academics/advocates will argue "million dollar baby" is a film about being disabled is not worth living - above the 'assisted suicide' issue.

Last edited:
Yup, it's people's choice if they wish to be gone from serious illness, even including heart failure or attack or kidnery failure if they don't have insurance then could do suicide assistance then don't worry about huge medical bill and file for bankruptcy to ruin the credit history.

Suicide assistance has nothing with God or anything that involve with religion, no offense to religious ADers.

Back