Ants eating cat's food

I am lavendar lover... I have plenty of lavendars in my garden... Yes it's correct that the bugs don't like lavendars but it doesn't affect ants...

I can't stand the smell of lavender , I can't blame the bugs for not liking it.

My cat's an indoor cat, and I feed him dry food. I read a cat book about this special bowl that's ant proof. I wonder if I can find it online. I'll try the baking powder, and I read that tansy-some herbal thing also works to keep ants away while it's also not harmful for cats either. They have gotten to mom's bathroom this year. I never had problems with ants in the area I live. Grrr! Our home is not old, but cracks do develop. I think they're too tiny to see.

The ants are horrible this year! We have red ants in our yard and they bite!
Can you put some cayenne pepper powder around the cracks the ants using? The pepper burns the ants feet. Extra hot cayenne pepper powder will really burns the little suckers!. Cats do not like of cayenne pepper powder so it should not be used near it food. It used to keep cats out of gardens .

The ants are horrible this year! We have red ants in our yard and they bite!
Can you put some cayenne pepper powder around the cracks the ants using? The pepper burns the ants feet. Extra hot cayenne pepper powder will really burns the little suckers!. Cats do not like of cayenne pepper powder so it should not be used near it food. It used to keep cats out of gardens .

Red ants? You means fire ants?

That's very unbelieve about fire ants should spread to northeastern states since they are contaminated in southern states for many years.

Use larger plastic bowl with seal to place pet food in it. It help keep bit last longer and proof from wet or hungry-insect.

orange peels! They keep ants away

Not sure if kitty cats like citrus however

Back