Phonak Naida

May 7... too long a wait! I hate waiting.

May 7... too long a wait! I hate waiting.

:cry: That sucks! I hate waiting too! Next week though!

I got my new left earmold today! This one fits which is good but the right aid has started turning it's self off and on at random. It is frustrating because I only really use my right ear. My left ear is useless, so it is kind of annoying having my 'good' ear being turned on and off haha. I asked my audi about it today when I went for the earmold and she changed some stuff, but it didn't do anything. I sent her an email seeing if she could program my left aid for my right ear and vise versa until we have a solution. Hopefully we will get it fixed soon!

ew turning on and off? that's not good. technology sure likes to play with us sometimes.

I have brown right now, and I'm sick of it. I wish I had asked for a different color when I got the Supero. This time, it'll be a jazzy looking HA thanks. :) My last one was beige, but at first the FM receiver was silver, but when it was replaced, it was beige. Boy, I sure liked that silver FM.

You should tell Audi for your choice a color BTE you want. If you're not happy. You can do cover your bte with color. You should check it out at Decorating BTE in other thread. It's cool idea for everyone to wear different color instead of beige or wrong color bte.

ew turning on and off? that's not good. technology sure likes to play with us sometimes.

Yeah, it kinda sucks! I am getting a new aid next week. Hopefully this one will work. It means that neither of the origional Naidas I got worked properly. Hmm...I am going to look into the warranty on them. I will be honest, I didn't really pay attention when my audi told me! I will look into what my private insurance covers to. I can't really risk it!

:cry: That sucks! I hate waiting too! Next week though!

I got my new left earmold today! This one fits which is good but the right aid has started turning it's self off and on at random. It is frustrating because I only really use my right ear. My left ear is useless, so it is kind of annoying having my 'good' ear being turned on and off haha. I asked my audi about it today when I went for the earmold and she changed some stuff, but it didn't do anything. I sent her an email seeing if she could program my left aid for my right ear and vise versa until we have a solution. Hopefully we will get it fixed soon!

hey about the turning on and off thing .... have you tried changing brands of battery ?? mine did that with Duracells - made me crazy !! haven't had a single problem since I stop buying them though

hey about the turning on and off thing .... have you tried changing brands of battery ?? mine did that with Duracells - made me crazy !! haven't had a single problem since I stop buying them though

I use the batteries that my audi gave me. There hasn't been a problem with the left aid. I think there is a problem with the battery contacts, it seems to turn on and off when I tuck my hair behind my ear, or adjust my glasses. I think the battery is losing contact if the aid moves to much....getting a new aid next week so hopefully that will solve the problem!

I have a naida phonak in my both ears. This is 8 years old. I need to get a new HA. I am not sure about my Voc Rehab will accept for me to get another HA. I got a new caseworker is deaf and have CI. What do you think I should get a new HA?

I want to have a pink one. Check it out. It's new! Image or silver, black or clear. I don't know.

I have a naida phonak in my both ears. This is 8 years old. I need to get a new HA. I am not sure about my Voc Rehab will accept for me to get another HA. I got a new caseworker is deaf and have CI. What do you think I should get a new HA?

I want to have a pink one. Check it out. It's new! Image or silver, black or clear. I don't know.

I am sorry, I don't think I understand you. Did you say you are wearing 8 year old Naidas? They are brand new on the market, so that would not be possible.

Or are you trialing the Naidas, and your last aids are 8 years old?

Sorry, just trying to clarify!

That's okay. I am sorry for being misunderstand what brand of my HA right now. It's brand is phonak now. I am thinking about get a new naida. I need to get a new Digital Power Hearing aids.

I am sorry, I don't think I understand you. Did you say you are wearing 8 year old Naidas? They are brand new on the market, so that would not be possible.

Or are you trialing the Naidas, and your last aids are 8 years old?

Sorry, just trying to clarify!

have the Naida today! finally! Everything sounds a bit more quiet than ususal (volume was loud enough on Supero), but I am hearing stuff. And everything is more lower pitched too. My audie was a bit clueless of what to do with the programming, ha. On Monday, I think I'll have him play the diffrent sound settings thingy he has in the programming.. I think he tried to do that today but didn't realize you had to click on the PLAY button.. Will try it out this weekend, see how it goes. Will see audie on Monday, let him know of what changes I want, and even have a new mold made.

Jenny, how'd the Naida sound for you at first, when it was first turned on while hooked up to the computer? Apparently the phonak guy told my audie it sould be "booming" when turned on, but I didn't experience that. Just quietness. I don't know if that's normal or not.

have the Naida today! finally! Everything sounds a bit more quiet than ususal (volume was loud enough on Supero), but I am hearing stuff. And everything is more lower pitched too. My audie was a bit clueless of what to do with the programming, ha. On Monday, I think I'll have him play the diffrent sound settings thingy he has in the programming.. I think he tried to do that today but didn't realize you had to click on the PLAY button.. Will try it out this weekend, see how it goes. Will see audie on Monday, let him know of what changes I want, and even have a new mold made.

Jenny, how'd the Naida sound for you at first, when it was first turned on while hooked up to the computer? Apparently the phonak guy told my audie it sould be "booming" when turned on, but I didn't experience that. Just quietness. I don't know if that's normal or not.

The Naida is able to match the Supero as far as output goes if that that way you wanted. Not many Audie's have a great deal of experience working with the super power aids as you noticed. I know that you will find a way to get the aids programed the way you wanted.

YAY! I was thinking about you all day actually! I wasn't able to get on here 'till now!

When I first got them everything sounded slushy, mummbly, and lower-pitched. It takes a while to adjust to the frequency compression. You can play around with the settings for the frequency compression as well. Your audi should be able to adjust what frequency that it kicks in at (between 1500Hz and 4000Hz). When I was hooked up with the Naidas things were very very quiet, so quiet I couldn't hear anything. The Phonak rep who was programming them did some stuff and then all was good. If I knew what she did I would tell you. Maybe suggest getting a Phonak rep into your audi's office to program the aids with him, it might help you get the required settings right away.

Feel free to ask any other questions!

I also have a question for you, what batteries are you using with it? 675s? If so what brand?

Rayovac's. THe one currently in my Naida are the more powerful rayovacs in the black package.. I know my audie sells them, but I normally buy regular Rayovac 675's at Walmart usually. Haven't had problems with Rayovacs in the previous 2 digitals, so I think they'd be fine for the Naida. I always found them to be a bit cheaper than Energizer or Duracell it seems.

Will definitely work with my audie on monday. If it still doesn't seem like the volume has increased much when he makes the adjustments, I'll ask him about seeing if a rep could help out. He's a bit clueless as to what to do, which is understandable. He doesn't really work with such powerful hearing aids very frequently, as most of his clients are older, elderly, and they usually order the basic easy aids that doesn't require so much fiddling around with. Heck, he's even clueless over the FM. He ordered the FM receiver, but he didn't give it to me today, thinking the receiver I had for the Supero would work. And my T-Mic transmitter is 7 years old, it's not even listed under the FM Transmitters listings in the programming, nor is my old remote control.
I'm just not used to the quiet at all. I've gotten so used to the higher volume with the Supero, in fact, I could always tell when my mom had been watching TV in the other living room upstairs everytime I turned it on (felt like a BLAST to my ear) and I would always have to turn the volume down low, but I could still hear it... the low volume was fine for me, but too quiet for my mom which I thought was funny. Makes me wonder if the volume on the supero was a tad bit too loud, even though it didn't bother me.

I'm rather liking the lower pitch sound though. I've always been so sensitive to high pitched sounds, that whenever I heard whistling and such, it would literally hurt my ear. But now, when someone uses the scanner at work, it doesn't bother me, I'm not hearing the high pitch electrical sounds that I would normally hear from the computers with the Supero, etc. Have yet to try our home phone. the supero picked up a high pitched sound from the phone here at home, which made it real difficult for me to use the phone. Will have to see if that sound is still there (never heard the sound on the old cordless phones, which is odd).

I do want the Naida to WORK right, of course. But alas, that will take some time until the aid has been adjusted right. I should know this by now... took several trips to the audie with the Claro and Supero before I felt they were right for a long enough period.

I will have to say though, the new remote is quite nice. I know I can change the settings with the push of a button on the hearing aid, but I forget which number is what setting, so it's nice to see the settings on the remote and know what I am switching to for sure, even though it doesn't seem like there's any difference with the settings (automatic, speech in noise, calm setting, calm in noise).

has been a very interesting day, realizing how different things sound (holy crap, even the toilet sounds different!). And I was having fun listening to the rain drops on my car when I was driving after I got the Naida. I've heard them before with the Supero, but never really paid much attention. But today, I was trying to take notice of what it was I was hearing. Was quite fun.

dang I rambled on in here didn't I? :)

CD and just wanted to say that I think its great that you're experimenting with different HAs first. Yes, CIs rock, but you might find HA to be really good.
Pinky, are you thinking of trying out a digital aid? I totally would. The new hearing aids are amazing...It's so worth it to experiment, especially if you're an ambigious CI canidate.

oh my gosh. Tried listening to my ipod today, and it's just horrible. There must be too much bass on my hearing aid. oh goodness. I so badly want to drive down to my audie's office and demand that he fix it, but we agreed Monday. Will have to suffer through the weekend without music haha. Oh well. I tried listening to some songs, songs that I've been liking and listening to for 11 years, and yeah. Music sounded fine with the last 2 digitals, but with this one, it's too different. Am writing down notes so I can share them with the audie on Monday.

On the plus side though... I emailed Phonak last night and asked if the HandyMic transmitter (it's what I've had for 7 years, first got it with the Claro digital 7 years ago) will work with the Naida, as it was not listed under the FM transmitters listing in the progamming. Got a response today, and they say the HandyMic is compatible! GOOD! I can use it on the computer. Now just need to get the right receiver. :)

oh my gosh. Tried listening to my ipod today, and it's just horrible. There must be too much bass on my hearing aid. oh goodness. I so badly want to drive down to my audie's office and demand that he fix it, but we agreed Monday. Will have to suffer through the weekend without music haha. Oh well. I tried listening to some songs, songs that I've been liking and listening to for 11 years, and yeah. Music sounded fine with the last 2 digitals, but with this one, it's too different. Am writing down notes so I can share them with the audie on Monday.

On the plus side though... I emailed Phonak last night and asked if the HandyMic transmitter (it's what I've had for 7 years, first got it with the Claro digital 7 years ago) will work with the Naida, as it was not listed under the FM transmitters listing in the progamming. Got a response today, and they say the HandyMic is compatible! GOOD! I can use it on the computer. Now just need to get the right receiver. :)

Music sounded horrible to me at first too. I don't know how strong the frequency compression settings are on your Naidas but that will be what is affecting the music - more than likely. It just took time for me. I listened to music constantly and now a month later it sounds perfectly normal. A lot of the success will come with these aids when you practice. I practiced listening, talking, singing, music, everything for a few weeks and now I am still seeing improvements. Just keep at it! It will sound different from you Supero and Claro, it is different technology, a different aid, and new features. Don't give up! Keep working away at it and when you are frustrated VENT! I am always here to 'listen'! :)

BassBoost turned off, everything sounds much better now. Now.... if I could maybe steal 5 minutes of my audie's time to switch out 2 programmings... puh receptionists are clueless. don't know how to deal with my relay calls, even though I ALWAYS call via i711 relay "can I get your number and I can call you back?" I'm at work, I don't have a number, I'm using the relay service via the internet!

I'm a bit frustrated. I don't see why I need to make an appointment for 2 weeks from now just to make a simple switch out of 2 programmings, honestly.

It's times like this, where I wish we could somehow adjust the hearing aids on our own computers.. just simple adjustments. they should have a program for HA users to load onto their computer, and they can make their own simple tweaks, like switching out programmings and adjusting the volume a bit (with the program having a limit on the volume so some users don't go too crazy). Just little simple stuff like that. Blah!

BassBoost turned off, everything sounds much better now. Now.... if I could maybe steal 5 minutes of my audie's time to switch out 2 programmings... puh receptionists are clueless. don't know how to deal with my relay calls, even though I ALWAYS call via i711 relay "can I get your number and I can call you back?" I'm at work, I don't have a number, I'm using the relay service via the internet!

I'm a bit frustrated. I don't see why I need to make an appointment for 2 weeks from now just to make a simple switch out of 2 programmings, honestly.

It's times like this, where I wish we could somehow adjust the hearing aids on our own computers.. just simple adjustments. they should have a program for HA users to load onto their computer, and they can make their own simple tweaks, like switching out programmings and adjusting the volume a bit (with the program having a limit on the volume so some users don't go too crazy). Just little simple stuff like that. Blah![/QUOTE

Infact there is a one company that sells all the sofware and cables for their hearing aids called American Hears and I can find their web page later on. On my Phonak hearing aids I have a audie that will let me program the aids myself since I worn hearing aids all my life and was involved and trained in research. I understand your frustration and you are at the level to understand your loss and what your needs are. I was gratify to have a outstanding CI audie to program my CI exactly the way I wanted after many visits. It really pay off in my case.

Back