Which cities in US that has largest deaf communties?

D.C. (Galludent, Ofc)
Los Angeles,
San Francisco,
New York City
Rochester NY (RIT/NTID, ofc)
Seattle
I would say these cities are the largest deaf community that match my defintion of "large"...
I wouldn't say San Diego.. we do have a large community but I think if you do know everybody from SD it is not large enough :) So that is my defintion of a large community-- that you DO not know everybody !

gnarlydorkette said:
D.C. (Galludent, Ofc)
Los Angeles,
San Francisco,
New York City
Rochester NY (RIT/NTID, ofc)
Seattle
I would say these cities are the largest deaf community that match my defintion of "large"...
I wouldn't say San Diego.. we do have a large community but I think if you do know everybody from SD it is not large enough :) So that is my defintion of a large community-- that you DO not know everybody !

San Francisco has a very FEW deaf people living there. You're thinking of Fremont, which it's about one hour northeast of SF

ravensteve1961 said:
I wonder does baltimore has plenty of deaf ppl too?

im sure there is.. many big cities have lot of deaf people heck my hometown is small but it have lot of deaf people there but not as many as big cities does.. so im pretty sure baltimore have them too as well.

i personally think most deaf people are at where gallaudet is at thats the most deaf people i ever seen my own opinion (i dunno if they actually lives there as a home or just living at college but still thats a lot of deafies lol)

I hear that Rochester, NY has the largest concentration of deafies in the USA.

dont forget Austin, Tx is one of them and I dont know about Dallas, texas.

Dont forget count Minnesota in too.. so so many deaf people live in MN..

Large population of Deafies in Boston....also in and around schools for the Deaf

ravensteve1961 said:
I wonder does baltimore has plenty of deaf ppl too?

There’s a huge Deaf community in Maryland. That’s where the Artinians wanted to move in the documentary Sound and Fury.

Not by the number, but per capitas, Rochester has the highest per capita of deafies. We have more than 10 deafies per 100 hearing, the next I think New York city has about 3 deafies per 100 hearing. Rochester isn't big city like LA or NYC.

Tousi said:
I hear that Rochester, NY has the largest concentration of deafies in the USA.

Well, if I was allowed to say a general geographical location, I would say Southern California...

Yeah, Joy, I'm gonna venture to say there are 6 to 8 thousand deaf people in the Greater Los Angeles area but as Biker said....on a per capita basis, Rochy takes em all!

Seattle has a fairly large deaf population, I don't know everyone in Seattle area, there's about 3,000 deaf living in King County alone. In Washington state there's about 10,000+ deaf people. I picked up the stats from ODHH (Office of Deaf and hard of hearing. ;)

If that's true, Sequoias, then I am way off base on the figures for the Greater Los Angeles area....I prolly didn't figure high enough.

Tousi said:
If that's true, Sequoias, then I am way off base on the figures for the Greater Los Angeles area....I prolly didn't figure high enough.

it is true, Los Angeles actually have 24,000 deaf people living there, look at the post blink182 posted in the post #1

Holy crap, Sequoias! That's a bunch! Maybe if we force out all of the hearing people from this area, call in a few more deafies, we could run for Congress, what do you say? :D

Tousi said:
Holy crap, Sequoias! That's a bunch! Maybe if we force out all of the hearing people from this area, call in a few more deafies, we could run for Congress, what do you say? :D

That would be sweet! :D We could do aye and nay in the congress, ;)

T-mobile is slowing me down. I see many disabled people all the time. I think florida has many deaf people.

Back