Declaration of Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the majority of list include cherry-picked partial truths of a much bigger sequence of events.

Partial truths of what bigger sequence of events?

Well, the Supreme Court ruling definitely happened so corparations are people (legally). Corporations may now donate unlimited money to politicians anonymously.

The economic bail out actually happened. The amounts and payees of the bailout are now known (after a long struggle to get the Fed to release that information). The beneficiaries of the bail out included corporations and foreign banks.

The Fed bought and is holding all of the "shit" (was that Goldman's term?) and will take any losses that should have been taken by shareholders. The Fed is buying more shit at inflated prices.

No one has been held repsonsible for fraud that existed. No legislation to stop the wide-spread fraud and prevent another economic crisis has been passed.

That's enough to get my support.

Occupy Wall Street is just like left wing of Tea Party.

Well, without knowing the whole story, I can't really comment on some dude your mom knows who just refused to pay his mortgage, no reason given.

Thats what I thought. My point is I see these people taking part of this stuff... They have a weak ground to stand on when it comes to the deal.

It's probably a good idea. Effective, I doubt it.

Yea, those old WWII vets who showed up are real lefties! Glad to see so many old vets out and about.

I read this: They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.

And think about the dude who was talking about how he didnt pay his mortgage and "challenging the bank to provide the title of the property" in order to get away with paying for it.

So with that as one of their backbone.. It's already really weak.

I stopped reading after that.

I got late notice from my bank , saying I am behind in my mortgage! My mortgage was not at the bank I use, I when to my bank and got a copy of my canceled check that proved I was up to date. I brought it to the bank and showed it to them and said you "had cash my check,and that I want a statement saying I am up to date on my mortgage and I am not leaving until I get it'"! This happen to me two times! The bank tried to say I was late and they had my money ! The second time I had to take time off work and I was bullshit! That bank is no longer in business, gee I wonder why!

The U-6 is considered a more accurate representation of unemployment and it it currently 16.5%. I don't have the breakdown on the numbers. Younger workers, older workers, minorities and people without a degree are the hardest hit. There are also huge regional differences so it would be interesting to know the regional breakdown.

It is like a hostage situation when bankruptcy is not allowed. It is like a hostage situation when this contract gives no consideration to factors that could happen to the student after graduation such as illness, inability to gain employment, whatever. It's the morality of banks enacting such contracts knowing fully well the student may not be able to pay it all back for years and years, only so they could sell that debt on the open market and profit even more.

A hostage situation.... :lol:

Well one they entered into willingly maybe. It's up to the borrower to consider what "could happen" It's about personal responsibility.

why does it say there's only 46,915 college graduates in September 2011? Am I missing something here? is this a table based on data they got from people who actually did fill out the census and mailed it in?

And what's the average age of a college graduate today? You are listing age 25 and over.

According to the same website you linked to - "By educational attainment, the distribution of those jobless for a year or more was similar to the distribution for total unemployment. (See table 1.) Joblessness for a year or longer has increased regardless of educational attainment."

And here: Table 2. Labor force status of persons 16 to 24 years old by school enrollment, educational attainment, sex, race, and Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, October 2010

it says that 9.9% the men between ages of 16 and 24 who have a college degree of higher are unemployed, 9.3 percent of women (16-24) with a college degree or higher are unemployed.

Youth Unemployment Hit A Record High This Summer

In July, 51.1 percent of Americans between the ages of 16 and 24 years old were unemployed, according to new data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This marks the first time since 1948, when the government first started collecting this data, that less than half of all U.S. youth were employed in July.

The U-6 is considered a more accurate representation of unemployment and it it currently 16.5%. I don't have the breakdown on the numbers. Younger workers, older workers, minorities and people without a degree are the hardest hit. There are also huge regional differences so it would be interesting to know the regional breakdown.

The figure you are referring to comes from combining unemployment dat with participation data. Participation is listed on the chart I provided and participation in the college educated group is the highest. So the increase in the rate would be limited. My guess would be under 6% still.

why does it say there's only 46,915 college graduates in September 2011? Am I missing something here? is this a table based on data they got from people who actually did fill out the census and mailed it in?

And what's the average age of a college graduate today? You are listing age 25 and over.

It says right on the chart.... Numbers in 1000's

That's the best you've got, TXGolfer? lol

The figure you are referring to comes from combining unemployment dat with participation data. Participation is listed on the chart I provided and participation in the college educated group is the highest. So the increase in the rate would be limited. My guess would be under 6% still.

Of all the tables listed on that website, you picked the one with the most favourable looking numbers, which was data based on participation rates...ah hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back