How long? ASL question

Jamie,

I want to tell you that you CANNOT teach asl to the students because you are NOT DEAF!!!! your signer isn't good enough and you still dont understand grammellic as face experess inculded ASL.

Last time I was asking you for working together but you did not.. Oh well...

The SEE or ESL are not langauges!

The ASL is a true langauge.

Therefore you need go to ASL classes to learn more.

Last time you went to the ASL test. You wanted to know what your ASL level. Your ASL level was prep 1.

If you or your staffs need to teach asl students you have to hire deaf instructors.

I hate to tell you that you are SERIOUSLY missing out on a lot of things.
You're an isolationist!

First of all: Let's get one things straight!

You can in FACT teach Deaf children if you are hearing.
do not ever think that because you're DEAF that you know more than a hearie!
Do not ever think that the deaf OWN the language!
In fact, they didn't even CREATE the language! As a matter of more history, it was HEARIES that developed and assisted with its development.
It has been both sides that have contriuted to its development through the generations.

Without super signers like some hearies and deafies, there would not be the Deaf communities like you see today.
There would be no interaction and the Deaf community would be further isloated than it is already!

Don't tell hearies that we can't teach Deaf!

I disagree with you Duncan. There is a professor at my school who teaches all levels in ASL and she's NOT Deaf. There are so much more schools i can name too. Get your facts straight.

Didn't you know that you just pulled an two year old thread? I am not sure if anyone else would respond more about this, but hope there would be some to give you some assist -- I am from australia and I am close to be fluent enough to communicate in ASL.

I hate to tell you that you are SERIOUSLY missing out on a lot of things.
You're an isolationist!

First of all: Let's get one things straight!

You can in FACT teach Deaf children if you are hearing.
do not ever think that because you're DEAF that you know more than a hearie!
Do not ever think that the deaf OWN the language!
In fact, they didn't even CREATE the language! As a matter of more history, it was HEARIES that developed and assisted with its development.
It has been both sides that have contriuted to its development through the generations.

Without super signers like some hearies and deafies, there would not be the Deaf communities like you see today.
There would be no interaction and the Deaf community would be further isloated than it is already!

Don't tell hearies that we can't teach Deaf!

:popcorn:

Back