MLB 2011 Thread!

AquaBlue

Reaction score
How is your team doing now? Are they on a roll, or a slump so far and why?

My Florida Marlins have some new arms in the pen. Last year's relievers, terrible pitchers, are out and new pitchers are in place for 2011 season. We have one new regular starter who has been replaced/traded so the rest of the starters remain for 2011 (which is good news). The front office has made some very good moves this off season and I can't want for April when we play the Mets on opening day.

Go fish!

203px-Florida_Marlins.svg.png

__

Your Marlins will be known as the Miami Marlins for next year.. so I guess we will see the Florida Marlins logos and name branded around tv for the last time ever before the name change is official for next year...

Braves started nice, but last 3 days not so well. What I have seen the first week may be a good example how things may go this season. Either way I'll be watching and rooting of course.

I hope the Yankees won't win the WS this year. Those greedy bastards. :D

Hey! What's up? No one want to talk about baseball? What's wrong with ya guys? :laugh2:

We are half a game behind the Phillies who are in first place in our division. Note: my Marlins are the youngest team in baseball and look how good we are playing. Can anyone say world championships in two to three years!? I can. Go fish!

I highly doubt Marlins will win a ring in next 2-3 years. Reason is the Marlins haven't exactly demonstrated that they are willing to increase their payroll from the doldrums of MLB. If a young athlete blossoms and their contract is ending the Marlins will usually trade the player or lose them to free agency market. Yes, the Marlins did win it all in 97 and 03 with very low payrolls, but things have changed a lot since then. When Marlins only get a few thousand fans per game, it doesn't exactly show the fans care a lot anyways. Hanley Ramirez is one of the only examples that Marlins have so far kept a high profile playe as well as Josh Johnson. Logan Morrison, Gaby Sanches and Mike Stanton are great young players and show a lot of promise also so we'll have to see if Marlins hang on to those three. Uggla was traded to the Braves in offseason as well.

I do agree that the Marlins have gotten of to a nice start, and have gotten a few great outings by their pitchers, but with only 3 weeks of the season played, its hard for me to be convinced. Hopefully they prove me wrong, because I do like when low market teams compete for a whole season + with a payroll thats half of that of larger markets.

Oh yeah, Marlins need a new damn stadium for the longest time eek

Shout out here to fellow Red Sox fans. I'm a transplanted member of the Red Sox nation, used to live in Boston years ago. They put something in the water to make you a RS fan for life if you've ever lived there. ;-)

This year - ay yi yi. So far, not so good.

Here's to the Rockies! :D 5 - 1

And now the 13-5 Rockies! Woah, they are off to a good start. I must say Tulowitzki could very well contend for the Triple Crown this season. He is simply awesome to watch, and also his fielding- what a cannon! All this with Ubaldo Jimenez on the 15 day DL (coming off today or tomorrow). Chacin and De La Rosa have been fabulous, may be interesting to see how they keep that up. So far the Rockies have definately been my favorite team to watch, and I am happy to see that they have tremendous fan support as they are easily drawing 25,000 + on weekday games and >30-35,000 on weekend games.

I highly doubt Marlins will win a ring in next 2-3 years. Reason is the Marlins haven't exactly demonstrated that they are willing to increase their payroll from the doldrums of MLB. If a young athlete blossoms and their contract is ending the Marlins will usually trade the player or lose them to free agency market. Yes, the Marlins did win it all in 97 and 03 with very low payrolls, but things have changed a lot since then. When Marlins only get a few thousand fans per game, it doesn't exactly show the fans care a lot anyways. Hanley Ramirez is one of the only examples that Marlins have so far kept a high profile playe as well as Josh Johnson. Logan Morrison, Gaby Sanches and Mike Stanton are great young players and show a lot of promise also so we'll have to see if Marlins hang on to those three. Uggla was traded to the Braves in offseason as well.

I do agree that the Marlins have gotten of to a nice start, and have gotten a few great outings by their pitchers, but with only 3 weeks of the season played, its hard for me to be convinced. Hopefully they prove me wrong, because I do like when low market teams compete for a whole season + with a payroll thats half of that of larger markets.

Oh yeah, Marlins need a new damn stadium for the longest time eek

I respectfully disagree with most of what you said. Today we pitched a near no no against the Rocks, and the Rocks are a darn good squad. We are the youngest team in baseball. The new park will bring new excitement to Miami. and yes, we will will a world championship within the next four years. You can take that to the back. Go fish!!

Wow, the NL East has some seriously wicked pitchers. I am so very happy the Braves are playing well again. I'm especially pleased that the highest starter's ERA is 3.22 (Derek Lowe) Please please please start hitting more though :aw:

I'm watching the Cubs at Boston on mlb gameday right now. Classic match-up; Cubs have not played at Fenway since 1918. RS leading right now, 10 - 5.

Double-screening it, also watching Washington Nationals at Baltimore. Nats are blowing the O's out of the water, 15 - 5 right now. O's are gonna be glad to get this thing over with.

My Marlins are 6 games above .500 and in second place in the division! Go fish!!

It rough that Florida has Josh Johnson and now Hanley Ramirez on DL. Oooo they get to matchup with Braves tonight :D but its not like Braves have been playing very well.

Now that we're 60 games in, it seems like most of season long predictions are kind of falling into place now. Giants, Cards, and Phils in 1st, and Yankees, Texas are in 1st. Only real suprise has been Cleveland but they have been sliding fast and Detroit been catching them.

Congrats to Twins, Mariners, Brewers and Diamondbacks for making some big moves and all playing good recently.

Back