A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Hubby and his new bike. :)

:rockon: but tell him to wear boots instead of shoes :lol:

and also I think he should replace all fluids (brake, oil, etc) himself. It's no different from loading ammo to gun yourself even if the guy told you that he has already loaded it. if he's going to take his bike apart for whatever the reason, make sure to check for swing-arm lubrication. Mine's lubricated with some cheap quality lube so over time - it gets hardened and cracked. My mechanic is going to re-lube it for me with high-quality lubrication. I think it's the same lube for aircraft. Not sure

:rockon: but tell him to wear boots instead of shoes :lol:
He usually does wear his boots if he's riding outside our 25 mph neighborhood. This was just for the picture.

and also I think he should replace all fluids (brake, oil, etc) himself.
He's already planned to do that after the first 100 miles. His bike is still in the break-in period.

...if he's going to take his bike apart for whatever the reason, make sure to check for swing-arm lubrication. Mine's lubricated with some cheap quality lube so over time - it gets hardened and cracked. My mechanic is going to re-lube it for me with high-quality lubrication. I think it's the same lube for aircraft. Not sure
Thanks for the tips. :)

He's already planned to do that after the first 100 miles. His bike is still in the break-in period.

if I remember correctly - this bike has been sitting at dealership parking lot for quite a while, right? and that this bike is year 2008 model. 2 years ago and not even a double-digits mileage? That's questionable. Who knows when was the last time they changed oil or how they maintained it?

but just saying cuz I don't trust dealership

There are also a bumper stickers "Watch out for Motorcycle!!" or "Look out for Motorcycles!!"

I've seen some on truck, car and even Semis. I would love to have one too so that means we cares!

Catty

ah yes. I'll post a few samples -

WatchOutForMotorcyclesbumpersticker.jpg

MCSafe15.jpg

mrebumper.gif

52e4b8.jpg

if I remember correctly - this bike has been sitting at dealership parking lot for quite a while, right? and that this bike is year 2008 model. 2 years ago and not even a double-digits mileage? That's questionable. Who knows when was the last time they changed oil or how they maintained it?

but just saying cuz I don't trust dealership
It was double digits mileage (about 45), not triple digits yet.

He's going to change all the fluids next week. He's working all day today, church and rain tomorrow, so he won't even be riding for the next couple days. He's been reading thru the manual and ordering a few things. He waxed and polished every surface.

He rode yesterday, and everything was fine. He loves it! :lol:

Put in my new K&N air filter the other day. The dealer wants 35 bucks for one that may last two seasons and for another 20 bucks you can get the K&N that supposedly lasts forever.

160364959374_0.jpg

I agree. Many time I did not see them, thank God I am slow driver and patient.
I also try to leave more space between me and bikers so they don't feel crowded by my car.

I did have one close call with a motorcycle, about 30 years ago. Hubby was cutting down large dead trees next to our property one day. One tree he was cutting down with a chain saw was hollow inside (didn't know that until after). It started to drop straight down instead of away, so Hubby jumped back, with the chain saw still in his hands. The blade of the saw ran thru his knee. It was an awful bloody mess, and he was in pain. So, we got in our car for me to drive him to the ER. As we left our subdivision, we had to cross a multi-lane highway to a median. There was no light at that crossing. Somehow, I didn't see a motorcycle coming down the highway. When I came to pause in the median, a guy on a motorcycle pulled up in front of me. He got off his bike, yelling and cursing at me, and banging on my driver's side door. It was scary. This big guy's yelling at me and threatening me on one side, and my husband is bleeding and in pain on the other side of me. Finally, the guy left so we could continue to the hospital.

I never saw him, so I don't know how close we might have been. :dunno: We didn't impact, and he didn't fall down.

My dad was in a motorcycle accident once. He was on his Indian Chief at an intersection, stopped, when he was hit by a car. It broke his leg. He was a WWII Navy veteran, so he went to the Veterans Administration hospital. At that time (1946), they were using traction for broken legs instead of walking with a cast or boot. He was in traction for weeks, and it never did heal fully, so he always had a slight limp after.

Attachments

• lega.jpg
    lega.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4
  • crutchesAD.jpg
    crutchesAD.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4
  • dad1a.jpg
    dad1a.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
Hubby changed the oil today. The old oil was "OK" but now it's all fresh. :)

Hubby changed the oil today. The old oil was "OK" but now it's all fresh. :)

:thumb:

just for fun - I heard about this. during break-in... after taking old oil out, put it in any clear glass jar and then use a strong magnetic stick to try to pick up many tiny metallic pieces in oil. this is usually normal during break-in.

just dropped off my bike at my mechanic... may get it back by next Friday because his schedule is very busy and there are several bikes in his garage. what am I gonna do for a week? :(

What's problem with your bike?

Back