What Are You Reading Right now?

TWA

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, we've got a thread for recently purchased books, but that's a little different than a thread about what you're currently reading, for which none exists. I thought this would be a good place to post about what books you're reading and your thoughts about them, no matter when you purchased them. If you're like me, you have stacks of books laying around that you bought a long time ago but are just now getting to reading. If you're like me, you also read more than one book at a time.

Currently, I am reading a few books, but this is the main one:

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni. I'm about halfway in. It's a good read so far. Not incredibly gripping, but definitely interesting. There aren't many fictional works about Afghanistan available to western audiences, so this is a good one to read.

So what are the rest of you reading?

Think Like A Champion.

and Arrest-Proof Yourself.

Same here....reading "What are you reading right now?" though I'm multi-tasking on the internet, and playing poker (on a break) at the same time.

"The Highly Effective Detective Goes to the Dogs" by R. Yancey (from the library)

I'm on pg. 127 right now. Still got a long way to finish it.

Just got done reading "Illinois Road Guide to Haunted Locations" by Chad Lewis and Terry Fisk. Not an exciting read especially for those who's curious about haunted locations in Illinois - doesn't really tell the story in a frightening way but a brief touch of its lore/legends.

images

Treasure Island
About halfway through the book.

Probably gonna borrow book from my friend, a third book of Twilight series, sometimes soon. She wanted me to finish all of it.

Treasure Island
About halfway through the book.

That's such a good book! I read it back in high school and loved it. I finished it in a single day, reading it for like 12 hours straight. It's one of the great tales of swashbuckling pirates and high seas. My other favorite in that genre is The Sea Wolf by Jack London

That's such a good book! I read it back in high school and loved it. I finished it in a single day, reading it for like 12 hours straight. It's one of the great tales of swashbuckling pirates and high seas. My other favorite in that genre is The Sea Wolf by Jack London

Ah, The Sea Wolf, my parent have that book. Probably should ask to see if I can borrow that book to read someday.

Yeah I read it a couple of times before.....I guess the key is to be patient..........

Back